Windows 10: Unable to Save/Save As/Open in Notepad (Windows 10 pro)

Discus and support Unable to Save/Save As/Open in Notepad (Windows 10 pro) in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; As of 11/23/19 I have been unable to save anything I type/create in Notepad. When I click on Save As the notepad I was working on just closes out and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RomanCoronado, Nov 24, 2019.

1. Unable to Save/Save As/Open in Notepad (Windows 10 pro)

As of 11/23/19 I have been unable to save anything I type/create in Notepad. When I click on Save As the notepad I was working on just closes out and disappears, almost as if I had opened Notepad, clicked the red X and it goes away. Normally when you click Save As a box comes up allowing to determine where you want to save and how you want to name the file. That doesn't even show up. Even when I click on Open it does the same thing. I have older .txt files on my desktop that I can open just fine - I haven't tried editing them and saving because I'm afraid I'll lose the file. There are no error messages that come up when this happens.

:)

RomanCoronado, Nov 24, 2019

2. unable to save a file in Windows 10

Hi,

I realize that you are unable to save a file. I will try to help you with this issue.

Please answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

• Did you make any changes to the PC prior to this issue?

• Have you installed all the pending updates on the PC?

Suggest you to save a file in notepad to test if that helps.

Close all open windows and restart the PC to login to another user account to test if that helps.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Nov 24, 2019
  3. Butch73 Win User
    NotePad opens saved files minimized

Thank you that worked.
    IMHO, I think Notepad in its natural state seems a little buggy when it won't
    open saved txt files in full open mode.

Butch73, Nov 24, 2019
  4. Callender Win User

Unable to Save/Save As/Open in Notepad (Windows 10 pro)

NotePad opens saved files minimized

Open Notepad then paste:

cmd.exe /c start /max C:\Windows\system32\Notepad.exe %1

Save somewhere handy. Save As > Type = All Files. Name it notepad.cmd

Right click a notepad file. Choose "Open With" > tick "always use this app" then > "More Apps" "Choose another app on this PC"

Browse to the file.

Unable to Save/Save As/Open in Notepad (Windows 10 pro) [​IMG]

Callender, Nov 24, 2019
Thema:

Unable to Save/Save As/Open in Notepad (Windows 10 pro)

1. Unable to Save/Save As/Open in Notepad (Windows 10 pro) - Similar Threads - Unable Save Save

2. my saved notepad documents won't open on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my saved notepad documents won't open on Windows 10: None of my saved notepad or PDF documents will open on Windows 10.I get the feeling it's because I keep declining the Windows 11 upgrade......
  3. my saved notepad documents won't open on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my saved notepad documents won't open on Windows 10: None of my saved notepad or PDF documents will open on Windows 10.I get the feeling it's because I keep declining the Windows 11 upgrade......
  4. Notepad in Windows 11 will not save or open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notepad in Windows 11 will not save or open: A am just starting to use note pad. I was successful in making two files and saving them. I went back in later opened one of my files then I 'SAVE AS" to save it to my desk top. Fine it did just fine. HOWEVER now every time I open Notepad I can create a new file BUT I cannot...
  5. Notepad in Windows 11 will not save or open

Notepad in Windows 11 will not save or open: A am just starting to use note pad. I was successful in making two files and saving them. I went back in later opened one of my files then I 'SAVE AS" to save it to my desk top. Fine it did just fine. HOWEVER now every time I open Notepad I can create a new file BUT I cannot...
  6. Notepad saving as

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Notepad saving as: so i am trying to set up a little program thing and when i make changes to the settings text document in notepad and press x it gives me the pop up to save my changes so i click save but instead of just closing the pop up and saving it takes me to save as and makes me save it...
  7. Notepad not saving .

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Notepad not saving .: Writing up in Notepad, content no longer Saving as or Saving mode. Caption shows "A required privilege is not held by the client". Can anyone please help, thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notepad-not-saving/bd7048a7-0709-483f-a3c2-48eea547086b
  8. Unable to save new Notepad files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to save new Notepad files: When I go to save a new Notepad file, I am not able to save it. I get the error message "File not found. Check the file name and try again." When typing any text in the a new notepad document, an * appears on the top line before "Untiled- Notepad". I have looked at all...
  9. NotePad opens saved files minimized

NotePad opens saved files minimized: All of my saved notepad txt files open minimized. How can I have them open maximized? Thanks. I've already tried Type notepad in start menu search field> right click it> properties> shortcut tab> for the 'Run' option, select 'Maximized'. Apply> ok. If I make a notepad...
  10. Saved Notepad document opening blank

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Saved Notepad document opening blank: My boyfriend and I just moved into a new apartment, and we won’t have internet until tomorrow. My boyfriend writes scripts for videos he makes using online programs generally, but as we’re without internet for the time being, he’s been using Notepad instead. In the past two...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant save notepad windows 10

2. unable to open notepad file

3. cant save new file in Notepad windows 10