Windows 10: Unable to save scan documents to preferred location

Discus and support Unable to save scan documents to preferred location in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My Epson scaner would save the scans in C:\Users\Andrew\Pictures\Scans. So I created a new folder C:\Users\Andrew\Scans, and it worked. Any idea what... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AndrewEklind, Mar 9, 2019.

1. Unable to save scan documents to preferred location

My Epson scaner would save the scans in C:\Users\Andrew\Pictures\Scans.

So I created a new folder C:\Users\Andrew\Scans, and it worked.

Any idea what happened. Anything I can look at.

Did a Windows update change something, because this is not the only issue I have had saving stuff.

***Modified Title from: Unable to save to current location***

:)

AndrewEklind, Mar 9, 2019

2. How to save a scanned document as PDF

Hi Chuck.

There are some options that you can do to save the scanned documents to PDF file. You may follow these steps:

• Copy the scanned document.
    • Open Word, then paste it.
    • Click File > Save As > Choose the location where you want to save it.
    • On Save as type, choose PDF > Save.

Feel free to let us know if you need further assistance.

Rachelle Gra, Mar 9, 2019
  3. Saving a scanned document in Windows 10

Hello Tim,

We realize the inconvenience you have experienced.

• What do you mean by this statement "clicking YES to my Windows 10 update option"?
    • Are you referring upgrade to Windows 10 or Windows Updates?

Generally, you will get an option to choose, where the scanned files should be saved,. Those setting depends on the scanner device you're using. Make sure that
    Source is set to scan from the location you prefer. Under
    File type, select the type of file you want the scan to be saved as. Tap or click
    Show more to show more scanning options, and make any necessary changes. Under
    Save file to, browse to the location where you want to save the scan. By default, scans are saved in a Scans folder within Pictures.

Keep posted if you require further assistance.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Mar 9, 2019
  4. Unable to save scan documents to preferred location

scanned documents

Hello,

By default, scans are saved in a Scans folder inside the Pictures. Here are the steps on how to get there:

• Press Windows and type pictures
    • Click Pictures and double-click the Scans folder.

Furthermore, we suggest that you repair your Word application by following the steps on this

link

Let us know how that turned out for you.

Marilou Ser, Mar 9, 2019
Thema:

Unable to save scan documents to preferred location

1. Unable to save scan documents to preferred location - Similar Threads - Unable save scan

2. Unable to change Documents Location

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to change Documents Location: My Documents folder is currently mapped to a network attached storage drive that has been decommissioned. When I select Properties on the Documents folder and choose the Locations tab, I am unable to edit the path in the text field. In addition, the Restore Default, Move...
  3. saving a scanned document

saving a scanned document: ever since I upgraded to windows 10 my scanner saves my documents to Onedrive and makes them impossible to find. I uninstalled Onedrive but my scans are still being saved in Onedrive. How do I change that?...
  4. Windows 10 opens each newly scanned document, I prefer it save the document not open it.

Windows 10 opens each newly scanned document, I prefer it save the document not open it.: My new Windows 10 PC will open each newly scanned document in Adobe reader rather than automatically saving it in the pictures folder as my Windows 7 would do. I don't want it opened after it is scanned since I have to close it and navigate to the default location and rename...
  5. locate documents saved in carbonite

locate documents saved in carbonite: locate documents https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/locate-documents-saved-in-carbonite/3c487e21-e7e2-4e59-8e99-500aff1865e2"
  6. the computer saves the scanned documents in wrong location

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    the computer saves the scanned documents in wrong location: My scanner Epson saves the scans in the following location C:\Users\My\Pictures\Scans. But I changed the path manually to the location I prefer and it used to work before the update. Now it is not working. Can you help me?...
  7. SAVING SCANNED DOCUMENTS

SAVING SCANNED DOCUMENTS: I HAVE RECENTLY SCANNED A DOCUMENT AND SAVED IT. IT DOES NOT APPEAR TO BE IN MY DOCUMENTS FILE. CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHY? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/saving-scanned-documents/d684a970-0399-4422-ab9a-885e91ad5d9f"
  8. Location of scanned documents

Location of scanned documents: I scanned 2 documents yesterday as PDF's and I cannot locate them anywhere. I've gone thru every folder that holds pictures, my desktop and everywhere else I can think of and cannot locate them. Something must have changed since the last time I scanned, as I never had this...
  9. Can't save scanned documents

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't save scanned documents: As with my previous post, when I scan a document with a Canon CanoScan 8800F and try to save it to an existing folder the screen/box pops up and says "Cannot save file. The location you want to save to is write protected. Remove the write-protection or use another disk." I'm...
  10. Unable to Save to Documents

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to Save to Documents: I can't move, copy or save anything to my Documents folder. I checked the properties of the folder, under serurity it listed only Home Users and WMP Network Svc. My account name is listed in the srcurity tabs of Pictures, Music, etc., and I am able to save, copy and move to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to save scanned files

2. unable to save scan files

3. unable to save the scan to folder

4. unable to save scanned documents file not found error