Windows 10: Unable To Save To Desktop

Discus and support Unable To Save To Desktop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; All of a sudden I'm unable to save any kind of file to various folders on my computer, including c:\users\me\desktop. Also unable to be saved to is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Budfudder, Mar 19, 2019.

1. Budfudder Win User

Unable To Save To Desktop

All of a sudden I'm unable to save any kind of file to various folders on my computer, including c:\users\me\desktop. Also unable to be saved to is c:\users\me\downloads. Other locations under c:\users\me are, however, okay.

When I create a new file (say, a text file in Notepad) and try to save it to c:\users\me\desktop I get the following popup:

Unable To Save To Desktop [​IMG]

Note that the popup is headed 'Save As', but I get it when I try to save any file that doesn't already exist on the desktop.

:)

Budfudder, Mar 19, 2019
  2. JohnFyffe Win User

Move Favorites icon to desktop win-10

Your suggestion does not work. It did work on Windows 7.

JohnFyffe, Mar 19, 2019
  3. Darshan J Win User
    Unable to Save Favorites in Maps app

Hi Ali,

To assist you better help us with the information below.

Computer

• What is the make and model of your Computer?
    • Have you installed all the pending updates on your computer?
    • Which Windows 10 build is installed on the computer?
    • What happens when you try to save the favorites?
    • Do you get any error message or code?

At first you have to sign in using a Microsoft account, if you have not logged the saved favorite’s will be not be visible next time when you open Map app.Also make sure Date, Time and Region are
    set correctly.

Suggest you to follow below steps to save your favorite location on you Maps app on your computer.

• Open Map App, Search for the location.
    • On the left pane Click on the Star Icon to save your favorite place.

If you are still unable to save favorites on your computer follow the below methods.

Method 1: I suggest you to run Windows Store apps troubleshooter from the below Microsoft Help Article and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

If the issues still persist, refer to the below method.

Method 2: Update Windows Store Apps and games.

Checking for updates for apps and games from the Windows Store

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/...updates-for-apps-and-games-from-windows-store

Mobile

Provide the information below to help you better.

• What is the make and model of your mobile?
    • What happens when you try to save the favorites?
    • Do you get any error message or code?
    • Make sure Date, Time and Region are set correctly, try to restart your phone and check if will be able to Save the Favorite location.
    • Also check if there are any update available for this from Store>Menu>Downloads and updates>Check for updates.
    Suggest you to follow below steps to save your favorite location on you Maps app on your computer.

• Open Map App, Search for the location.
    • On the left pane Click on the Star Icon to save your favorite place.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Darshan J, Mar 19, 2019
  4. Unable To Save To Desktop

Move Favorites icon to desktop win-10

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows.

• How are you trying to add the favorites to desktop?
    I suggest you to try the below steps to save the favorites on desktop and check if it helps.

• Open the Internet Explorer and minimize the screen.
    • Then go to the favorites tab and then drag any favorites that you have saved to the desktop.
    • Once you get the favorites items \ folders then you can open the favorites and check if it is opening.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Mar 19, 2019
Thema:

Unable To Save To Desktop

1. Unable To Save To Desktop - Similar Threads - Unable Save Desktop

2. cannot save to desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot save to desktop: I cannot save documents to he desktop. Told to unhide hidden item in file explorer. However this just acts as a toggle - set to unhide then doc appears. Save another doc to desktop and nothing shows. Go and 'hide' docs remove tick and it appears on desktop. Something...
  3. Can't save to desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't save to desktop: I have an HP Pavillion Notebook and am running Windows 10. Recently I think since my last windows update but I'm not 100% sure I've been unable to save anything to my desktop. I can't save new files there, or make changes to any I have previously put on my desktop. The error...
  4. Unable to save Files on Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to save Files on Desktop: Hi,Few of my office desktops having issue with file save.Both are connected to AD DS. whenever I save a file on desktop it will save properly but not showing the files on desktop.Troubleshooting steps I have taken:1. checked show hidden files in file explorer2. show desktop...
  5. Unable to save Files on Desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to save Files on Desktop: Hi,Few of my office desktops having issue with file save.Both are connected to AD DS. whenever I save a file on desktop it will save properly but not showing the files on desktop.Troubleshooting steps I have taken:1. checked show hidden files in file explorer2. show desktop...
  6. Saving Desktop Icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Saving Desktop Icons: Hi, I would like to save my Desktop Icons positions, without using a 3rd party app like DesktopOK. I've read somewhere that if you open a .txt file, enter something, close the window, but don't click Save, leave that window open, then Log off, Windows will prompt you to save...
  7. Unable to save any document on desktop in windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to save any document on desktop in windows 10: For last few days I am unable to save any document on desktop of my laptop running windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-save-any-document-on-desktop-in-windows/e97a02f9-cf4a-4b27-b5e2-93066ba94897
  8. Can't Save to Desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't Save to Desktop: Windows 10 Professional: I am suddenly experiencing a problem I have never seen before. With two important programmes - Texpad and Junior Icon Editor - I am unable to save my work to the Desktop or into a folder on the Desktop. When hitting the 'Save as' button I get the...
  9. Prevent "save to desktop" in "Save as" box

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Prevent "save to desktop" in "Save as" box: Hi, How do I prevent staff from saving files to desktop? 96569
  10. Unable to Save to Documents

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to Save to Documents: I can't move, copy or save anything to my Documents folder. I checked the properties of the folder, under serurity it listed only Home Users and WMP Network Svc. My account name is listed in the srcurity tabs of Pictures, Music, etc., and I am able to save, copy and move to...