Windows 10: Unable to scan from Brother DCP-145C printer

Discus and support Unable to scan from Brother DCP-145C printer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I need to scan some papers... [for a refund of $ 350,-... which I urgently need] ... but my printer doesn't scan. I try to install Brother driver... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ImTiredOfScreenNames, Nov 17, 2018.

1. Unable to scan from Brother DCP-145C printer

I need to scan some papers... [for a refund of $ 350,-... which I urgently need] ... but my printer doesn't scan. I try to install Brother driver software (W10 compatible) but the install program says the USB cable is not plugged in [which is incorrect] , in other words... proceeding is disabled.

Opening the printer's properties to change the driver software from that point shows me it has "Windows 10 driver software" and all options to alter that are disabled too.

Who can help?

Jo

PS: Who made up W10 ? i'd like to ask him/her a question about ethics.

***Original title : Brother DCP-145C won't scan. I cannot install Brother's driver software. Hijacked by W10 !!***

:)

ImTiredOfScreenNames, Nov 17, 2018
  2. Eric Ber Win User

Brother printer DCP 1610w not scanning to my computer

Hi Linden,

Outdated scanner driver is one of the possible reasons why you are unable to scan using your Brother DCP 1610W printer. For us to assist you better, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Which version and OS build number of Windows 10 is currently installed? To check, press the
      Windows key, type winver, and press the
      Enter
      key.
    • Have you tried to download and install the latest driver for your printer from the manufacturer's website?
    • Do you receive any error messages?
    • What program are you using to scan files?

Regards.

Eric Ber, Nov 17, 2018
  3. tommy2k7 Win User
    Brother DCP-145C and Windows 10

I got my Brother DCP-145C about 8 years ago when I had Windows XP. It has been through Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10. Ever since the second or third big Windows 10 Update, though, I have had problems. It only prints out a fraction of the page for the first
    half hour or so after I turn my computer on, and then it works fine. I have had a live chat with your agents at least twice and gone through the correct uninstallation / installation process, but there is no change. I have restarted the Print Spooler in Windows
    but that does not make a difference. Even though the printer works after half hour, it is very annoying! I have a hunch that it is more to do with Windows 10 and that I should get another printer. What do you think?

tommy2k7, Nov 17, 2018
  4. Unable to scan from Brother DCP-145C printer

Windows 10 printer brother dcp-195c; The printer prints properly but I cannot scan any documents.

*Original Title: Windows 10 printer brother dcp-195c

The printer prints properly but I cannot scan any documents. Under Windows 7 ( before the upgrade ) everything was ok. What can I do ?

ManfredStölting, Nov 17, 2018
Thema:

Unable to scan from Brother DCP-145C printer

1. Unable to scan from Brother DCP-145C printer - Similar Threads - Unable scan Brother

2. Printer Driver Brother DCP-J4120DW

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer Driver Brother DCP-J4120DW: Following a catastrophic failure of my hard drive I replaced it and did a fresh install of Windows 10 on my Acer laptop. I'm not a novice at this sort of thing and everything went smoothly but for one thing, the Microsoft driver for the Brother DCP-J4120DW printer didn't work...
  3. Printer Driver Brother DCP-J4120DW

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printer Driver Brother DCP-J4120DW: Following a catastrophic failure of my hard drive I replaced it and did a fresh install of Windows 10 on my Acer laptop. I'm not a novice at this sort of thing and everything went smoothly but for one thing, the Microsoft driver for the Brother DCP-J4120DW printer didn't work...
  4. Printer Driver Brother DCP-J4120DW

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. My printer will not print Brother DCP-L2550DW

My printer will not print Brother DCP-L2550DW: My printer will not print Brother DCP-L2550DW. I tried to uninstall it and then reinstalling it, but that did not help. What could be the problem, and how can I fix it?...
  6. Combined printer with scanner Brother DCP -J315W: prints perfectly, but suddenly stops scanning?

Combined printer with scanner Brother DCP -J315W: prints perfectly, but suddenly stops scanning?: Scanner indicates when I go to scan medium: Connection is checked and then nothing happens. The connection is via cable and is flawless, because printer/scanner also prints files from PC. Furthermore, the scanner/printer is also connected via WLan. The connection is probably...
  7. Brother DCP-135C Printer stopped working

Brother DCP-135C Printer stopped working: For some reason my printer has stopped working. The document is in the queue for the printer and then disappears as if it has been printed but it has not. The same happens with a test print too. I understand that there was a recent update and that that has caused some...
  8. Brother 145C

Brother 145C: Ab diesem dieser Thread. So please forward it to devs to fix the problem in updates. I had same with Brother 145C. Print spooler had just cleaned print task every time. I've tried to uninstall KB4560960 update too and one of latest updates failed 2004 update... and KB4560960...
  9. Brother DCP-145C won't scan. I cannot install Brother's driver software. Hijacked by W10 !!

Brother DCP-145C won't scan. I cannot install Brother's driver software. Hijacked by W10 !!: I need to scan some papers... [for a refund of $ 350,-... which I urgently need] ... but my printer doesn't scan. I try to install Brother driver software (W10 compatible) but the install program says the USB cable is not plugged in [which is incorrect] , in other...
  10. Brother DCP-145C and Windows 10

Brother DCP-145C and Windows 10: I got my Brother DCP-145C about 8 years ago when I had Windows XP. It has been through Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10. Ever since the second or third big Windows 10 Update, though, I have had problems. It only prints out a fraction of the page for the first half hour or so after I...