Windows 10: unable to scan

Discus and support unable to scan in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I can print but can not scan documents https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-scan/845b4cad-f590-42ee-8841-c1f64b863631 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by adu3, Jul 24, 2020.

1. adu3 Win User

unable to scan

I can print but can not scan documents

:)

2. scanned documents

Hello,

By default, scans are saved in a Scans folder inside the Pictures. Here are the steps on how to get there:

• Press Windows and type pictures
    • Click Pictures and double-click the Scans folder.

Furthermore, we suggest that you repair your Word application by following the steps on this

link

Let us know how that turned out for you.

Marilou Ser, Jul 28, 2020
  3. JoeJY Win User
    Windows defender custom scan does not scan external drives

I have Defender Windows 10. I tried using custom scan to select and scan external drives. The screen listing the drives comes up, but the "OK" button remains grayed out so unable to scan any of the drives listed. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

JoeJY, Jul 28, 2020
  4. unable to scan

unable to scan to computer

My HP Envy 4524 printer set up using HP website and prints fine using wireless connection. However, when attempting a scan printer window message saying no computer found. I have read various suggestions indicating web scan may need to be enabled on
    my laptop, but the steps suggested could not be followed as I think they may refer to an earlier version of windows. Can anyone suggest how I might get my scan to computer enabled using windows 10?

BillNotley, Jul 28, 2020
Thema:

unable to scan

1. unable to scan - Similar Threads - unable scan

2. Unable to scan files with Microsoft Defender

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to scan files with Microsoft Defender: This among some other issues:Action needed warning under App & browser control- but when clicking on it, the window will show for a couple of seconds and then crash never loading fully.Getting an error message in Windows Security- "Your IT administrator has limited the access...
  3. Unable to scan files with Microsoft Defender

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to scan files with Microsoft Defender: This among some other issues:Action needed warning under App & browser control- but when clicking on it, the window will show for a couple of seconds and then crash never loading fully.Getting an error message in Windows Security- "Your IT administrator has limited the access...
  4. Why my virus scan is not working. And unable to open any photos.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why my virus scan is not working. And unable to open any photos.: I wanted to do a regular scan. So when I clicked on virus and threat protection it wasn't working I mean I just clicked on it several times neither it is opening nor it is responding. Then I clicked on windows Security and again I clicked on Firewall and Network Protection....
  5. Why my virus scan is not working. And unable to open any photos.

Why my virus scan is not working. And unable to open any photos.: I wanted to do a regular scan. So when I clicked on virus and threat protection it wasn't working I mean I just clicked on it several times neither it is opening nor it is responding. Then I clicked on windows Security and again I clicked on Firewall and Network Protection....
  6. Unable to access 'Quarantine' or 'Scans' folder in Windows Defender Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to access 'Quarantine' or 'Scans' folder in Windows Defender Folder: Hi all, I had Windows Defender pick up a Trojan from a file I downloaded, which I quarantined. However Defender now tells me 'Remediation Incomplete'"Detected: Trojan:Script/Wacatac.H!mlStatus: FailedThis threat or app might not be completely remediated."There are no further...
  7. Unable to access 'Quarantine' or 'Scans' folder in Windows Defender Folder

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to access 'Quarantine' or 'Scans' folder in Windows Defender Folder: Hi all, I had Windows Defender pick up a Trojan from a file I downloaded, which I quarantined. However Defender now tells me 'Remediation Incomplete'"Detected: Trojan:Script/Wacatac.H!mlStatus: FailedThis threat or app might not be completely remediated."There are no further...
  8. Unable to access 'Quarantine' or 'Scans' folder in Windows Defender Folder

9. Why am I unable to change the permissions on the scans folder?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why am I unable to change the permissions on the scans folder?: So I got a notification from windows defender for a threat named "PUA:Win32/Presenoker". I searched on youtube on how to remove it and as I was following the tutorial, they accessed a folder called "Scans" and I tried opening said folder but to my surprise I was unable to...
  10. Why am I unable to change the permissions on the scans folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why am I unable to change the permissions on the scans folder?: So I got a notification from windows defender for a threat named "PUA:Win32/Presenoker". I searched on youtube on how to remove it and as I was following the tutorial, they accessed a folder called "Scans" and I tried opening said folder but to my surprise I was unable to...