Windows 10: Unable to scroll down to bottom of Windows dialog boxes using keyboard or mouse in Windows 10.

Discus and support Unable to scroll down to bottom of Windows dialog boxes using keyboard or mouse in Windows 10. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I am experiencing a very strange issue with my Windows 10 pro installation. I created a new local user account but I can't seem to scroll to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Mark_CET, Nov 9, 2019.

1. Mark_CET Win User

Unable to scroll down to bottom of Windows dialog boxes using keyboard or mouse in Windows 10.

Hello,

I am experiencing a very strange issue with my Windows 10 pro installation. I created a new local user account but I can't seem to scroll to the bottom of any of the Windows settings dialog windows (Back grounds, themes, etc.) using either the mouse scroll wheel, scroll bar, keyboard arrow keys or tab key. The dialog keeps jumping / scrolling back to the top so I am unable to click on / view any of the options at the bottom of the window. Scrolling in applications like Edge and file explorer work fine. This appears to be happening on any new user accounts created and the existing 2 accounts are not experiencing the issue. I have tried using different keyboards and mice but the same thing happens. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks.

:)

Mark_CET, Nov 9, 2019
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Nov 9, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 9, 2019
  4. Mussels Win User

Unable to scroll down to bottom of Windows dialog boxes using keyboard or mouse in Windows 10.

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Nov 9, 2019
Thema:

1. Unable to scroll down to bottom of Windows dialog boxes using keyboard or mouse in Windows 10. - Similar Threads - Unable scroll down

2. Mouse scrolling down and error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse scrolling down and error: So when i scroll up on the mouse it goes down but when i Scroll down it goes up this has been happening since yesterday iam getting annoyed anyone know how to fix this error?Is it a virus?...
  3. Scroll down always on, without keyboard or mouse. Windows 10 .

in Windows 10 Support
    Scroll down always on, without keyboard or mouse. Windows 10 .: I really need help with this very irritating problem : When in OS windows 10 ; not browser, example - trying to look at Outlook or side panels or anything in windows 10 its as the arrow key is being held down. it makes it impossible to read outlook emails or look at windows...
  4. Windows 10 scrolling white box down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 scrolling white box down: Hey, i have had this problem with this pc for a while where when i go on windows based menus such as settings, start menu and mail it highlights with a white box and continuously goes down to the very bottom and doesnt allow me to scroll or use my arrow keys back up. I have...
  5. Unable to scroll down to bottom of page

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to scroll down to bottom of page: I recently have been unable to scroll all the way down on pages. For instance, on a Reddit page of comments I get close to the bottom but can't get down far enough to click on the "back to top" bar. Also happens with email, when trying to forward I can't get down to the...
  6. Mouse Scrolling Down Automatically

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse Scrolling Down Automatically: I have tried unplugging my mouse it still scrolls down even when unplugged tried resetting windows, updating drivers, reinstalling mouse, tried troubleshooting ive done everything i have found online nothing works, it only does it in windows applications it has yet to do it...
  7. I'm unable to scroll down using my keyboard or touchpad

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I'm unable to scroll down using my keyboard or touchpad: I'm unable to scroll down on my screen and it is causing me some problems. I'm using Windows 10. Thank you for the help. submitted by /u/WookieCookie1977 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hf7i7t/im_unable_to_scroll_down_using_my_keyboard_or/
  8. Settings App in Windows 10 not scrolling down with mouse.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Settings App in Windows 10 not scrolling down with mouse.: Scrolling with my mouse works on everything except the Settings App therefore I'm unable to make any changes. Also blue text on the left of the screen does not respond. I've searched for a solution on the net but so far have been unsuccessful. Can anyone help?...
  9. Windows 10 mouse scrolling automatically up or down

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 mouse scrolling automatically up or down: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]To enhance user productivity, Microsoft implements a number of small features that make a difference in the overall experience & productivity of the user. But sometimes, these features get caught with issues and result in the abnormal functioning of the [...]...
  10. Unable to use keyboard and mouse on Windows 7

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to use keyboard and mouse on Windows 7: After installing windows 10, I'm unable to use my keyboard and mouse after the logo screen in windows 7. Everything works fine in the BIOS, but as so as that loading screen for Windows 7 comes up, the lights on the keyboard go off, and I cant use either the mouse or keyboard....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. can not scroll down to bottom of dialogue box windows 10