Windows 10: Unable to scroll down to bottom of Windows dialog boxes using keyboard or mouse in Windows 10.

Discus and support Unable to scroll down to bottom of Windows dialog boxes using keyboard or mouse in Windows 10. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I am experiencing a very strange issue with my Windows 10 pro installation. I created a new local user account but I can't seem to scroll to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Mark_CET, Nov 9, 2019.

1. Mark_CET Win User

Unable to scroll down to bottom of Windows dialog boxes using keyboard or mouse in Windows 10.

Hello,

I am experiencing a very strange issue with my Windows 10 pro installation. I created a new local user account but I can't seem to scroll to the bottom of any of the Windows settings dialog windows (Back grounds, themes, etc.) using either the mouse scroll wheel, scroll bar, keyboard arrow keys or tab key. The dialog keeps jumping / scrolling back to the top so I am unable to click on / view any of the options at the bottom of the window. Scrolling in applications like Edge and file explorer work fine. This appears to be happening on any new user accounts created and the existing 2 accounts are not experiencing the issue. I have tried using different keyboards and mice but the same thing happens. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks.

:)

Mark_CET, Nov 9, 2019
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Nov 9, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 9, 2019
  4. Mussels Win User

Unable to scroll down to bottom of Windows dialog boxes using keyboard or mouse in Windows 10.

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Nov 9, 2019
Thema:

1. Unable to scroll down to bottom of Windows dialog boxes using keyboard or mouse in Windows 10. - Similar Threads - Unable scroll down

2. Mouse Snap To Dialog Box Stopped Working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse Snap To Dialog Box Stopped Working: A couple of weeks ago the Snap To Dialog Box mouse function stopped working on my machine (Win 10 Enterprise Build 10240). I have tried turning the setting on and off, I've checked the registry setting, looked for driver updates, ran the troubleshooter, and looked for...
  3. Window Dialog box error!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Window Dialog box error!: My new PC got this font error in dialog box as follow. May I know I how to solved this? Thanks. Best Regards. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-dialog-box-error/1f3af4c3-2ed2-4302-957d-071483256ae0
  4. Windows 10 mouse scrolling automatically up or down

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 mouse scrolling automatically up or down: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]To enhance user productivity, Microsoft implements a number of small features that make a difference in the overall experience & productivity of the user. But sometimes, these features get caught with issues and result in the abnormal functioning of the [...]...
  5. "Activate Windows" dialog box

"Activate Windows" dialog box: In the last few weeks, my laptop screen shows "Activate Windows Go to Settings to activate Windows". No matter what app I'm in or what I'm doing, this shows up. I have accessed Windows to see what I need to update but there appears to be nothing. I want this dialog box to go...
  6. Windows 10 Open/Save Dialog Box

Windows 10 Open/Save Dialog Box: When saving or opening a file you are promoted with a dialog box, beside the file name there is a text box and beside the text box there is down arrow that will list all your recent saved or open files with it's path, how do I not have them be saved in the drop down list? I...
  7. Scroll Down using mouse wheel not working in Google Chrome

in Browsers and Email
    Scroll Down using mouse wheel not working in Google Chrome: I can scroll down in windows explorer etc etc but i cant scroll down in google chrome but i can scroll up?? wth? help? 94439
  8. Unable to use keyboard and mouse on Windows 7

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to use keyboard and mouse on Windows 7: After installing windows 10, I'm unable to use my keyboard and mouse after the logo screen in windows 7. Everything works fine in the BIOS, but as so as that loading screen for Windows 7 comes up, the lights on the keyboard go off, and I cant use either the mouse or keyboard....
  9. window 10 hangs onSAVE AS dialog box

in Windows 10 Support
    window 10 hangs onSAVE AS dialog box: i have window 10 installed on my laptop lenovo v470 it sometime hangs on save as dialog box i canot understand what the problem is? does anyone know about this problem i appreciate your help thanks 70716
  10. Windows 10 Help and Support dialog box

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Help and Support dialog box: I upgraded to windows 10 and im trying to do my homework and it says that i need to open that help and support dialog box, you know like the one from windows 8.1, but no matter where i search i cant find it. i typed in the search bar but its not giving me that windows help...