Windows 10: Unable to search files in OneDrive vault

Discus and support Unable to search files in OneDrive vault in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am unable to search for any content in my OneDrive file vault using File Explorer. File names, file content, etc., no results are returned when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by zBernie, Aug 12, 2020.

1. zBernie Win User

Unable to search files in OneDrive vault

I am unable to search for any content in my OneDrive file vault using File Explorer. File names, file content, etc., no results are returned when I search. I suspect this is because the files in my vault are not indexed.

Is there any way to enable searching of files in the OneDrive vault?

-Thanks

:)

zBernie, Aug 12, 2020
  2. BigWein Win User

OneDrive Personal Vault Help

I have search for a few days to find the answers to these problems but my Googling Skills have failed.

PC: Surface Pro 6

1. OneDrive Personal Vault is unable to Synch 131 Files. The files, I have no idea what they are or where they came from and cant find them on the computer. I have been trying to find the source of the files, but cant seem to get my PC to find them. Example
    file name: E37A88B5 (no file extension or type that I can see) Pic below

I am thinking that something is cached somewhere, illegal file name or something but I cant locate where this info might be

Unable to search files in OneDrive vault [​IMG]

2. OneDrive Personal Vault on my PC gets stuck at step 1 of 14. Unlocking your Personal Vault (Step 1 of 14). Spinning wheel of death. I can access the vault from my phone and web browser so my files are there.

***Moved from: Windows 10 / Files, folders, & storage***

BigWein, Aug 12, 2020
  3. OneDrive Personal Vault cannot be unlocked on Windows10.

I was able to get rid of the Red X on my OneDrive icon and the error message saying that the Personal Vault could not be synchronized by doing the following:

1. Access the personal vault OnLine via the the View OnLine option from the desktop icon in the task bar.
    2. Open the vault via the Web Browser and select all the files and folders in the vault.
    3. Count all the files and folders presently in the Personal Vault.
    4. Move all the files and folders out of the Personal Vault to another folder in your OneDrive.
    5. Refresh and verify the Personal Vault is empty.
    6. Verify all your important files have been successfully moved by verifying the folder and file count.
    7. Disable the Personal Vault online via the Web browser.
    8. Select the Personal Vault and attempt to delete it. A message "Cant delete Personal Vault' appears.
    9. Click on 'Go to settings'.
    10. Select the options to Disable the Personal Vault <Select Disable>. and "Disable" when asked are you sure. [NOTE: when you do this, any contents in the vault are irretrievably lost. So make sure it is empty first.]
    11. Wait 30-60 seconds for your OneDrive desktop to synch.
    12. Go back to the browser and select Enable on the Persona Vault window if it is still opened.
    13. If you closed the window, select Settings in the upper right of online OneDrive (to the left of the question mark), select options, select Personal Vault from the left side menu, then select Enable.
    14. A pop-up stating, "Your Personal Vault is back". Select 'got it'.
    15. Click on OneDrive in the upper left corner of the browser screen.
    16. Find your Personal Vault in your file/folder list.
    17. Open it (you will have to authenticate to open).
    18. Inspect the vault. It should be empty. In some cases there will be old "uncached" files that appears. It was the failed synching that caused the Red X. Reestablishing the Personal Vault allows the synch to proceed. Be careful as these files might not
      contain the most contemporaneous data.
    19. You should now be able to use the Personal Vault as before without the Red X. You can move the files you moved out of the Personal Vault back into the Personal Vault - - begin careful to decide which version to keep of any duplicate files.

SteveGhera, Aug 12, 2020
  4. leahcimj Win User

OneDrive Vault

Hello Sidney

Three computers are linked through the same OneDrive network

One of the computers (laptop) started a remote session with an employer.

The primary computer had the vault open and when the remote session started a red
    X appeared over the OneDrive icon on the taskbar and the folder for the vault showed empty.

As soon as the laptop logged off the remote session OneDrive updated but didn't save data in the file in the vault but everything else returned to normal. The updates on that file had to be redone.

Please Advise

leahcimj, Aug 12, 2020
Thema:

1. Unable to search files in OneDrive vault - Similar Threads - Unable search files

2. OneDrive - Personal Vault Files and folders missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive - Personal Vault Files and folders missing: HiHoping someone can help. I have various folders and files that are on my PC but not on the cloud. Some are there, but majority missing.How do I ensure that all files and folders from machine are uploaded to the cloud for Personal Vault?ThanksPS - looks like the last time...
  3. OneDrive - Personal Vault Files and folders missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive - Personal Vault Files and folders missing: HiHoping someone can help. I have various folders and files that are on my PC but not on the cloud. Some are there, but majority missing.How do I ensure that all files and folders from machine are uploaded to the cloud for Personal Vault?ThanksPS - looks like the last time...
  4. OneDrive - Personal Vault Files and folders missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. OneDrive Personal Vault icon in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive Personal Vault icon in File Explorer: HiAny idea why the Personal Vault icon in File Explorer is not using the correct icon. If the shortcut is deleted then the icon reappears and its correct, but over time it seems to reset and show the incorrect icon again., Windows has all the latest updates installed, and...
  6. OneDrive Personal Vault icon in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive Personal Vault icon in File Explorer: HiAny idea why the Personal Vault icon in File Explorer is not using the correct icon. If the shortcut is deleted then the icon reappears and its correct, but over time it seems to reset and show the incorrect icon again., Windows has all the latest updates installed, and...
  7. Missing OneDrive Personal Vault in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing OneDrive Personal Vault in File Explorer: Missing OneDrive Personal Vault in File Explorer. Exists in OneDrive Online. - - - Updated - - - Problem solved. I reset OneDrive. 162370
  8. OneDrive Vault

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    OneDrive Vault: I have three computers synced through OneDrive. If one of those computers is linked through a remote session with an employer. Would another synced computer that is part of the same network be able to open the OneDrive vault at the same time the remote session is open?...
  9. OneDrive Personal Vault

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive Personal Vault: Began using OneDrive Personal Vault and it worked fine for a period of time. I am now receiving the following error: 'We couldn't unlock you Personal Vault. Something went wrong. Please try again. Error Code: 0x8031b002' Can anyone provide guidance on how to resolve this...
  10. OneDrive personal Vault

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    OneDrive personal Vault: Hi there, I was wondering did you guys sent me the recent OTP:0969530 for unlocking OneDrive vault. is this feature added in your OneDrive app? I recently got a notification from MS OneDrive. I opened it and it was about the personal vault. the thing that is teasing me is...