Windows 10: Unable to search for Movies and Tv Show from Microsoft Store

Discus and support Unable to search for Movies and Tv Show from Microsoft Store in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; As title mentioned, I am unable to search movies and tv shows from the Microsoft store, the tabs are either missing or greyed out submitted by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/PlaneConversation6, Dec 29, 2020.

1. Unable to search for Movies and Tv Show from Microsoft Store

/u/PlaneConversation6, Dec 29, 2020
  2. Yaqub K Win User

Movies & TV app not working properly.

Hi,

I suggest you to un-install and re-install Movies & TV App and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key.
    • Type Windows Powershell.
    • Right click on it and select Run as administrator.
    • Type in the following command to un-install Movies & TV App.
    get-appxpackage *Microsoft.ZuneVideo* | remove-appxpackage

Note: The Movies & TV App can be reinstalled using the Store App or by following the link mentioned below. You will need to exit the Store app if it is already open before reinstalling the app.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/apps/movies-tv/9wzdncrfj3p2

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Dec 29, 2020
  3. Trouble signing in to the windows movie & tv and Windows store

Hello Michele,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

This issue may arise when some of the Windows components gets corrupted.

I would suggest you to try running Windows store app troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Type troubleshooting in the
      Search
      area on the taskbar.

• Click on View all on the left panel of the Troubleshooting Windows.

• Select Windows store Apps.

• Follow the on screen instruction.
    If the issue persists, I suggest you to perform windows Store reset and check if it helps.

1. Press Windows key + R.

2. Type wsreset.exe. Press Enter.

And for issues related to Movies and TV, I suggest you to post your query in Movies and TV forum. Follow the link below:

Results in Music, Movies & TV - Microsoft Community

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Dec 29, 2020
  4. Yaqub K Win User

Unable to search for Movies and Tv Show from Microsoft Store

Windows 10 Movies & TV App: No Sound

Hi,

I suggest you to un-install and re-install Movies & TV App and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key.
    • Type Windows Powershell.
    • Right click on it and select Run as administrator.
    • Type in the following command to un-install Movies & TV App.
    get-appxpackage *Microsoft.ZuneVideo* | remove-appxpackage

Note: The Movies & TV App can be reinstalled using the Store App or by following the link mentioned below. You will need to exit the Store app if it is already open before reinstalling the app.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/apps/movies-tv/9wzdncrfj3p2

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Dec 29, 2020
Thema:

Unable to search for Movies and Tv Show from Microsoft Store

1. Unable to search for Movies and Tv Show from Microsoft Store - Similar Threads - Unable search Movies

2. how to install movie and tv without microsoft store?:

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    how to install movie and tv without microsoft store?:: i can't download movie and tv in microsoft store https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-install-movie-and-tv-without-microsoft/dbc70745-0e62-4896-be37-6a079a77ed47
  3. Is there a way to watch "Microsoft Movies and TV" TV shows on mobile?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to watch "Microsoft Movies and TV" TV shows on mobile?: I was wanting to rewatch a show I had bought on my Microsoft account and wanted to see if I could watch or download it on my phone. I saw the "Movies Anywhere" app connected to your Microsoft account but it only seems to transfer your movies and no TV shows.Is there any way...
  4. Is there a way to watch "Microsoft Movies and TV" TV shows on mobile?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a way to watch "Microsoft Movies and TV" TV shows on mobile?: I was wanting to rewatch a show I had bought on my Microsoft account and wanted to see if I could watch or download it on my phone. I saw the "Movies Anywhere" app connected to your Microsoft account but it only seems to transfer your movies and no TV shows.Is there any way...
  5. Unable to search for Movies and Tv Show from Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to search for Movies and Tv Show from Microsoft Store: As title mentioned, I am unable to search movies and tv shows from the Microsoft store, the tabs are either missing or greyed out submitted by /u/PlaneConversation6 [link] [comments]...
  6. Movies & TV and WMP not showing on TV as server?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Movies & TV and WMP not showing on TV as server?: Hi all. I've done a fresh install of Win10 (Ver. 1909) on one machine and an upgrade on another from Win7 Ultimate (Win10 Ver. 1903). The former doesn't show the PC on my LG C8 OLED when I use it's video player app as a listed server. I can cast to it with individual files...
  7. Can't download episode of Supergirl from Microsoft Movies & TV Store

Can't download episode of Supergirl from Microsoft Movies & TV Store: I am trying to download episodes from Season 4 of Supergirl, which I purchased on the Microsoft Movies and TV Store. I keep getting the following error message: "Couldn't download. Please try again. If the problem continues, visit https://support.microsoft.com to check for...
  8. Unable to save a photo from the movie/tv app

Unable to save a photo from the movie/tv app: I tried the fixes from a March 2018 post, reset the movie/tv app, reset the photo app, made sure all my microsoft apps are updated and am running version 1803 of windows 10. When I try to save a photo from the movie/tv app, I get an error 'something went wrong' Is there a...
  9. Unable to rent or buy Movies from Microsoft store

Unable to rent or buy Movies from Microsoft store: I cant use the $ on my M acount 2 rent or buy MOVIES ***Original title: help*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-rent-or-buy-movies-from-microsoft-store/112b07cf-d74f-48e9-be40-71b5c9dc3879"
  10. Movies and TV shows question

Movies and TV shows question: Hi I bought some movies and TV shows from the App Store. and the only player that they will play on is movies TV shows player. I have tried quite a few other players they will not play just a blank screen no error message. Just blank screen. Can anyone tell me what I'm...