Windows 10: Unable to search in the Start Menu - please help

Discus and support Unable to search in the Start Menu - please help in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I disabled Cortana in the regedit and also renamed the Cortana folder in the System Apps folder in order to completely stop it from running. Now, when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/19leo82, Aug 14, 2020.

1. Unable to search in the Start Menu - please help

I disabled Cortana in the regedit and also renamed the Cortana folder in the System Apps folder in order to completely stop it from running. Now, when I hit the Start menu button on the keyboard, it opens up, but am unable to type in anything.. How do I resolve this issue?

submitted by /u/19leo82
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/19leo82, Aug 14, 2020

2. Start Menu Search

Hi,

About your issue regarding the Start menu or Search, in order for us to assist you better. Please answer the question:

• Were there any recent changes made to your system prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest you to check this link:
    Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana
    . It contains troubleshooting steps prior to the issue.

We'll look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Aug 14, 2020
  3. Start Menu Search

Hi, Yes. I tried changing my primary SSD from MBR to GPT via Ease Us Partition Tool. All my other drives besides the main successfully converted but not my primary disk. When the application was trying to convert the disk I received a Kernal In Page Error.
    Hope this helps!

Heavenless, Aug 14, 2020
  4. Unable to search in the Start Menu - please help

Issues with accessing apps throuhg Start Menu and Search bar on windows10.

Hi Indrik,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if some system files is corrupt.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• Are you getting any error message when you click on Start Menu?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided in Microsoft Help Article about Start menu issues and also try to start Windows Search service. Check if it helps.

Step 1: I recommend you to refer to the suggestion provided in the Microsoft Help Article and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...ubleshoot-problems-opening-start-menu-cortana

Step 2: I suggest you to try to start Windows Search services
    and check if it helps.

1. Press Windows Key + R Key.

2. Type "services.msc" without the quotes and click on it.

3. Search for Windows Search.

4. Double click on it and under Startup type, select
    Automatic.

5. Then click on Start button.

Note: If you are not able to change the Startup type, then continue starting the service by clicking on Start button.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with using Start Menu and search bar, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Aug 14, 2020
Thema:

Unable to search in the Start Menu - please help

1. Unable to search in the Start Menu - please help - Similar Threads - Unable search Start

2. Unable to type in the Start menu to search an app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to type in the Start menu to search an app: I cannot search for anything on the start menu or use the search box in the taskbar. No error messages. I tried using the troubleshooter, sfc, and DISM commands as well. But it didn't work....
  3. Unable to type in the Start menu to search an app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to type in the Start menu to search an app: I cannot search for anything on the start menu or use the search box in the taskbar. No error messages. I tried using the troubleshooter, sfc, and DISM commands as well. But it didn't work....
  4. Cannot use search bar under start menu - please help!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot use search bar under start menu - please help!: Cannot use the search feature on my computer. Every time I click on the search window under the start tab, it just disappears and if I try clicking on the search icon magnifying glass it opens the search box for 1-2 seconds and then disappears.If I watch under the details tab...
  5. Cannot use search bar under start menu - please help!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot use search bar under start menu - please help!: Cannot use the search feature on my computer. Every time I click on the search window under the start tab, it just disappears and if I try clicking on the search icon magnifying glass it opens the search box for 1-2 seconds and then disappears.If I watch under the details tab...
  6. Start Menu, Search, Task Bar and Windows Apps not working. Please Help!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu, Search, Task Bar and Windows Apps not working. Please Help!: I have recently upgraded from Windows 7 to 10 and am having widespread issues with Windows.When I click the start menu nothing happens. The search icon is present but the text input box is not and clicking the search button does nothing. When trying to open anything from the...
  7. start menu locked please help!!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    start menu locked please help!!: when i press the "F7" key after i open the start menu. the menu gets locked and i cant use my mouse to choose anything on the menu. i have no idea how to unlock the start menu other than signing out and back in again. can anyone please help? also, why is this happen only...
  8. Start menu is being weird? Please help!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start menu is being weird? Please help!: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/SmolPupple [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hz8rdk/start_menu_is_being_weird_please_help/
  9. Help with start menu font please

in Windows 10 Customization
    Help with start menu font please: So i figured it was time to spice up my windows install a bit. I changed my font via winaero tweaker and it seems to have applied to every area of windows EXCEPT the start menu. When i open the start menu to view all my folders and subsequent apps, the font is standard still....
  10. No Start Menu, Search

in Windows 10 Support
    No Start Menu, Search: All, I upgraded Windows 7 Home Premium to Windows 10 Home. It worked for a couple of days and suddenly there is no Start Menu (Click start and nothing happens) and no Search box (Icon present but nothing happens when clicked). MY machine is slower accessing all menus...