Windows 10: unable to search in windows task bar, what to do?

Discus and support unable to search in windows task bar, what to do? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi I m unable to search in window bar and in other folders also, please suggest for the same.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by sahilharwande, May 26, 2021.

1. unable to search in windows task bar, what to do?

Hi I m unable to search in window bar and in other folders also, please suggest for the same.

:)

sahilharwande, May 26, 2021

2. Unable to hide Task bar

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are unable to hide Task bar. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

a. Right click on the Task bar.

b. Click on Properties.

c. Put a check mark next to ‘Auto-hide’ the task bar.

d. Click on Apply and OK.

If the issue persists try the below steps to restart the Windows Explorer and check if that helps.

Step 1: Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys to open Task Manager

Step 2: Click on
    More details.

Step 3: Under the Processes tab, right-click on Windows Explorer entry and then click Restart.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, May 26, 2021
  3. Windows 10 Defender - How to make it default to task bar?

Using Windows 10 and currently I am using Defender for anti virus. For whatever reason Windows Defender does not show up in the task bar unless I search for the program or right click and scan a file/folder. Is there a way to force Defender to show up in the task bar at start up?

Flogger23m, May 26, 2021
  4. unable to search in windows task bar, what to do?

Unable to view installed programs when i click on the windows icon or type in program name in search box on task bar

I am unable to view installed programs in the program list. When i click on the windows icon or type in program name in search box on task bar, the program doesn't show up. For example, I installed visual studio, launched it, closed it and searched for
    it in using the above steps. Did not show up. I had to re-install it! As a workaround, I either pin these programs to my task bar or create a desktop shortcut during installation. I use Windows 10 Enterprise edition, Surface book, purchased in August 2016

Soumyavijay, May 26, 2021
Thema:

unable to search in windows task bar, what to do?

1. unable to search in windows task bar, what to do? - Similar Threads - unable search task

2. Search bar in task bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search bar in task bar: Can someone PLEASE tell me where I can find the option to deactivate suggestions and activate recent open things, I know it's somewhere because I activated it in the past, but after a recent format I can't find it anymore and I am going nuts! : :...
  3. Search bar in task bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search bar in task bar: Can someone PLEASE tell me where I can find the option to deactivate suggestions and activate recent open things, I know it's somewhere because I activated it in the past, but after a recent format I can't find it anymore and I am going nuts! : :...
  4. Task bar search is not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task bar search is not working: In Windows 10 taskbar, the search option is not working, in fact, I am unable to type. I have tried many options to repair it but nothing worked. Please help....
  5. What is this in the search bar?

in Windows 10 Support
    What is this in the search bar?: Hello everyone, While reading another thread in this forum, I realized that my search bar is not normal-behaving. First three recent apps icons are not with their native icons but with image icons. Secondly, it seems that, when I open some other apps or programs, they are...
  6. Task Bar search feature

in Cortana
    Task Bar search feature: The Cortana feature next to my search box works. But when I attempt to type in the search box, nothing appears. I attempted to fix it through the Task Manager function, by right clicking the search feature and clicking end task. That didn't work. How can I fix the search...
  7. Windows Search on task bar

in Cortana
    Windows Search on task bar: When I use type here to search on my Windows 10 taskbar this search WILL NOT search the web it only searches my windows 10 files. Note when I search with Cortina voice it will work & search the web as before but when I type in the question it will not search the web. Also...
  8. search box on task bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    search box on task bar: i have no search box on my taskbar and no "show hidden taskbar button" when i right click on the taskbar. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-box-on-task-bar/25f599a6-b4b1-4f2c-b981-a63516008d53
  9. Search on Task Bar Broken

in Cortana
    Search on Task Bar Broken: So I see this is becoming a common problem, and I can safely say I've tried almost everything to fix it. The problem is I can type into the search on the task bar, but all that I see is a grey box with no results, which makes finding my fav programs very tough indeed....
  10. Restoring search bar in task bar.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Restoring search bar in task bar.: This option does not present itself: Right click the taskbar>Cortana>Show search box I can however, click the windows icon button and start typing to bring the search box up. However, I would like for it to come up on the task bar because that's what it does at work, and I...