Windows 10: Unable to see but hear audio of all videos on my computer

Discus and support Unable to see but hear audio of all videos on my computer in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Could anyone please assist with any ideas to resolve the issue of not able to watch any videos but only hear audio when trying to watch on my laptop on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by hshah22, Mar 23, 2019.

1. hshah22 Win User

Unable to see but hear audio of all videos on my computer

Could anyone please assist with any ideas to resolve the issue of not able to watch any videos but only hear audio when trying to watch on my laptop on windows 10? I am using MS Edge.

:)

hshah22, Mar 23, 2019

2. Audio part of the video is not saving on Windows 10.

Hi Susie,

The issue might have occurred due to the following reasons:

• Software used to create the video.
    • Step forgotten while creating the video.

Before we assist you further, I would like to ask you a few questions:

• Which software are you using to create the video?
    • Did you skip the step to add audio while creating the video?

You may have skipped the step to add the audio while creating the video. Check if you have followed the steps to add audio while creating the video on the computer.

Write to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of saving the video on the desktop issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Mar 23, 2019
  3. My PC Will Not Play Any Video or Audio Files

Hi Adam,

The issues with accessing audio and video might have occurred due to corrupted/ outdated drivers on your computer.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Have you tried to access videos on different browser (Internet Explorer) and check?
    • Were you able to access any other audio from your computer?

Let us try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to run the Audio troubleshooter and check if it helps.

try the audio troubleshooter.

Method 2: I suggest you to change the properties of Windows Audio services and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Click Start, type
      Services.msc in the Start Search box.

• Scroll down the list of services, right-click
      Windows Audio and select Start.

• Select Properties for
      Windows Audio and set its Startup Type to
      Automatic.

Method 3: I recommend you to update the audio drivers and check if it helps.

• Open Start, enter
      Device Manager, and select it from the list of results.
    • Under Sound, video, and game controllers,
      select your sound card, open it, select the Driver
      tab, and select Update Driver.

Method 4: I recommend you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of accessing audio and video on your computer for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 23, 2019
  4. Unable to see but hear audio of all videos on my computer

Unable to hear sound

Hi Arif,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Please reply to the following question to better understand your issue:

1. Is your issue confined to a single application or for all?

Method 1: Run the troubleshooter.

Please follow the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” on the Windows Search bar and hit enter.

• On the left side of the Troubleshooting window, click on “View all”

• Click on Windows Store App. Please provide a password if asked for it and click ok.
    Method 2: I would suggest you do the following steps and see if it helps:

Update Sound, video and game controller drives from Device Manager.

• Press Windows key + R key. Type "devmgmt.msc" and click Enter.

• Expand the Sound, video and game controller drives.

• Double-click on the drive.

• In Properties, go to Drivers Tab and click on Update.
    Method 3: If this does not work you might have to Uninstall and then reinstall your drivers in compatibility mode.

Follow the steps to uninstall and reinstall the driver.

• Press Windows key + R key. Type "devmgmt.msc" and click Enter.

• Expand the Sound, video and game controller drives.

• Double-click on the drive.

• In Properties, go to Drivers Tab and click on Uninstall.

• Reinstall your audio driver from Manufacturer's Website in Compatibility mode.

• Restart your system
    Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Mar 23, 2019
Thema:

Unable to see but hear audio of all videos on my computer

1. Unable to see but hear audio of all videos on my computer - Similar Threads - Unable hear audio

2. I'm unable to hear audio in my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm unable to hear audio in my laptop: I have HP elitebook 840 G6 laptop with Windows 10 with 21H2 version in itAudio through speaker is not audible. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-unable-to-hear-audio-in-my-laptop/b9ccf634-9849-4e22-8338-d76fa210bb6c
  3. I'm unable to hear audio in my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I'm unable to hear audio in my laptop: I have HP elitebook 840 G6 laptop with Windows 10 with 21H2 version in itAudio through speaker is not audible. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-unable-to-hear-audio-in-my-laptop/b9ccf634-9849-4e22-8338-d76fa210bb6c
  4. Cannot hear custom audio in the Video Maker

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot hear custom audio in the Video Maker: I downloaded an audio from YouTube to both an mp4 and mp3, yet I cannot hear it when I upload it into a custom audio? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-hear-custom-audio-in-the-video-maker/4cea0a40-39e5-4864-bfab-a4a31314c348
  5. Cannot hear custom audio in the Video Maker

Cannot hear custom audio in the Video Maker: I downloaded an audio from YouTube to both an mp4 and mp3, yet I cannot hear it when I upload it into a custom audio? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-hear-custom-audio-in-the-video-maker/4cea0a40-39e5-4864-bfab-a4a31314c348
  6. UNABLE TO HEAR AUDIO ON MY LAPTOP HELP!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UNABLE TO HEAR AUDIO ON MY LAPTOP HELP!!!: I was having problems with my Minecraft so i had reset my laptop and then my audio stopped working. It works when i put headphones in it though. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-hear-audio-on-my-laptop-help/48f9391f-96f6-44ee-98af-7c88e0adb8b0
  7. UNABLE TO HEAR AUDIO ON MY LAPTOP HELP!!!

UNABLE TO HEAR AUDIO ON MY LAPTOP HELP!!!: I was having problems with my Minecraft so i had reset my laptop and then my audio stopped working. It works when i put headphones in it though. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-hear-audio-on-my-laptop-help/48f9391f-96f6-44ee-98af-7c88e0adb8b0
  8. Friends can hear my computer audio, such as games and videos.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Friends can hear my computer audio, such as games and videos.: As the title says, people that I talk with on valorantcan hear all my computer audio. I have looked in the voice settings for input output, i tried changing my input and output settings, it didn't change anything. submitted by /u/tanishvv [link] [comments]...
  9. SEEING VIDEO AND HEARING SOUND

in Windows 10 Customization
    SEEING VIDEO AND HEARING SOUND: I suddenly can't see video on utube or hear sound on BBC iplayer or BBC Sounds. these worked fine before Xmas. Can anyone help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/seeing-video-and-hearing-sound/8aa76b48-51c0-4a7f-a9a6-312f92c1a9e9
  10. Unable to see all network computers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to see all network computers: I have 3 computers on LAN - Ethernet. All computers in same workgroup network discovery is ON Password Sharing is off Computer LEE-VISTA is Vista, LEE-PC is Win7 and LEE-HP is Win10 LEE-HP is new out of box Win10 Home computer. When looking at network computers on...