Windows 10: Unable to see Desktop background when opening Start Menu in Full screen

Discus and support Unable to see Desktop background when opening Start Menu in Full screen in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My start screen has all my tiles on it and the back ground will change colors but when I open it to full screen view the back ground goes black. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Janet mBushey, Sep 20, 2019.

1. Unable to see Desktop background when opening Start Menu in Full screen

My start screen has all my tiles on it and the back ground will change colors but when I open it to full screen view the back ground goes black. I have toggled tablet mode on and off and I have change from picture to slide show and I have enlarged the tiles but to no avail can I get a picture or wallpaper to appear on the start screen behind the tiles. It use to be the same picture has the desk top but now I get nothing but a black screen behind the tiles?

***Modified title from: start screen (with tiles on it) ***

:)

Janet mBushey, Sep 20, 2019

2. Windows 10: Issues with Start Menu, background image, control panel settings command not working. Taskbar show on both the screen.

Hi Rex,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is some system files is corrupt.

To assist you better, please provide us the information below:

• When you say that "I cannot use ms-settingsUnable to see Desktop background when opening Start Menu in Full screen :personalization-background", have you tried to run the command in the Run box?
    • Are you getting any error message?
    • Have you made any changes to the computer prior to the issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to refer to the suggestion provided in the Microsoft Help Article and also try to change the background image.

Step 1: I recommend you to follow the suggestion provided in the Microsoft Help Article about Start Menu issues and check if it helps.
    Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12385/windows-10-troubleshoot-problems-opening-start-menu-cortana

Step 2: I suggest you to change the background image by following the steps below and check if it helps.
    1. Right click on Desktop screen.
    2. Then click on Personalize.
    3. Choose Background.
    4. Then try to change the background settings.

Step 3: I recommend you to make changes in the taskbar settings.

1. Right click on Taskbar.

2. Then click on Settings.

3. Turn on Automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with Windows 10 performance, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Sep 20, 2019
  3. lacrumb Win User
    Start Menu Icons are Different than Desktop Icons?

That list is All apps. It is not the start menu.

Go Settings, Personalization, Start, Use Start full screen. This will hide the list and will have your desktop background as the background.

lacrumb, Sep 20, 2019
  4. Remon Ont Win User

Unable to see Desktop background when opening Start Menu in Full screen

Desktop background gone black after a few minutes of use on laptop.

Hello,

Desktop background and taskbar going black could be due to software conflicts.

We would like to know some information to better assist you with your concern:

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Did you get any error messages or error codes?

In the meantime, we suggest that you try to check if the "Show Windows Background" option is turned on. Follow the steps below:

• Open Settings in the Start menu.
    • Go to Ease of Access, then on the left side, click
      Other options.
    • Turn on Show Windows Background and check if it works.

We will wait for your reply.

Remon Ont, Sep 20, 2019
Thema:

Unable to see Desktop background when opening Start Menu in Full screen

1. Unable to see Desktop background when opening Start Menu in Full screen - Similar Threads - Unable Desktop background

2. Start menu full screen background image squeezed

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu full screen background image squeezed: Hi! On my HP Spectre x360 15 with 4K display I can't get rid of a strange behavior of Start menu. When it is set full screen, then it should display the desktop wallpaper in a semi-transparent way. It does so, but the image is always squeezed to the left, no matter what the...
  3. Start Full Screen Background

Start Full Screen Background: So, I have a wallpaper on my desktop that used to show when I used my start full screen. Now, my start screen is completely black with only some of the icons and boxes which are also blank. It only shows colors on my start screen, nothing else. When I try to change my...
  4. Start menu in full screen mode changes it's background to black.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start menu in full screen mode changes it's background to black.: In non full screen mode background is purple, as it should be. Anyone knows to fix it? Here's how it looks like submitted by /u/vhourusz [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gegn2c/start_menu_in_full_screen_mode_changes_its/
  5. Start Menu full screen

Start Menu full screen: Hello Community, Recently i buy Microsoft surface i dont know how start menu become full screen even i off from start menu setting how to off full screen start menu kindly see the screen short. [IMG] Kind regards,...
  6. Start menu only opens in full screen mode

Start menu only opens in full screen mode: My start menu does not open when I click the icon or press the windows key. It does open when I switch it to full screen mode. This actually happened several months ago, but I have been dealing with the full screen mode option due to schedule. However recently it has really...
  7. Background Image for Full Screen Start Menu in Windows 10

Background Image for Full Screen Start Menu in Windows 10: I have Windows 10 build version 17134. When I switch to the full screen start menu the background of the start menu is completely black but I want my desktop wallpaper as my start menu background. Thank you...
  8. Start menu full screen doesn't show desktop background

Start menu full screen doesn't show desktop background: Hi guys, guess I have a problem with my start menu in full screen mode, it doesn't show me the desktop wallpaper background anymore, but this dark image instead. [ATTACH] I also tried transparency effects "on", but it didn't change anything, how can i fix this? 113348
  9. "Desktop" shortcut for full-screen start menu?

in Windows 10 Support
    "Desktop" shortcut for full-screen start menu?: My mom just got a new tablet which came with Windows 10. I'm trying to set it up to be as similar as she was used to with Windows 8.1 I know with the full-screen start menu, you can technically just press the Windows key a second time to return to the desktop view you were...
  10. Full screen start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Full screen start menu: Ah ha I found you at last. Reason being, I rather liked that aspect of windows 8-8.1 so I was glad to find the option for it again under personalise and start menu options. Some of you may want that back! who knows but it's in there. 13551