Windows 10: Unable to see folders in Windows 7 backup

Discus and support Unable to see folders in Windows 7 backup in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Operating system Windows 10. Can see the folder if I look at the external hard drive backup in file manager, but cannot see it under windows 7 back up?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SureshMerani, Mar 5, 2019.

1. Unable to see folders in Windows 7 backup

Operating system Windows 10. Can see the folder if I look at the external hard drive backup in file manager, but cannot see it under windows 7 back up? Struggling, can any one help?!

***Modified title from: Restore files***

:)

SureshMerani, Mar 5, 2019

2. Windows 7 backup

Haven't used it but sounds like it based on Backup and Restore Center info found here. Says you can choose what files and folders if you want and also mentions a system image. Quicken has it's own backup option under one of the menus, use that too. I have for my mom and it's a breeze. Just reinstall app and use Restore in Quicken.

Wrigleyvillain, Mar 5, 2019
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Mar 5, 2019
  4. trickson Win User

Unable to see folders in Windows 7 backup

Windows 7 "God Mode" thoughts?

Not following you here. Please do the steps over. as it is confusing as what to do in the steps.

trickson, Mar 5, 2019
Thema:

Unable to see folders in Windows 7 backup

1. Unable to see folders in Windows 7 backup - Similar Threads - Unable folders backup

2. One Drive Backup isn't working, unable to toggle on any of the folders -- see screenshot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    One Drive Backup isn't working, unable to toggle on any of the folders -- see screenshot: When I try to use One Drive to back up PC, on the Popup window entitled "Back Up Folders on this PC", I am not able t toggle the Documents and Pictures Folders on message reads Unable to SYnc. And the Desktop, Music, and Voideos folders also can't toggle on the message reads...
  3. One Drive Backup isn't working, unable to toggle on any of the folders -- see screenshot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One Drive Backup isn't working, unable to toggle on any of the folders -- see screenshot: When I try to use One Drive to back up PC, on the Popup window entitled "Back Up Folders on this PC", I am not able t toggle the Documents and Pictures Folders on message reads Unable to SYnc. And the Desktop, Music, and Voideos folders also can't toggle on the message reads...
  4. Windows 7 Backup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 7 Backup: I have a laptop using Windows 10 but I use Windows 7 backup so I can save my files on an external thumb drive.When I run Windows 7 backup some of the files are not backed up. I get a fault message -STATUS_WAIT_20x807002 Something about saved pictures.......any solution to...
  5. Windows 7 Backup

Windows 7 Backup: Is it possible to backup a PC running Windows 10 Home on a network drive using the Windows 7 Backup feature? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-7-backup/3cb29150-cd17-457a-be58-ddae4366b6d7
  6. Windows 7 Backup

Windows 7 Backup: Hello, I am noticing that when I make the Windows 7 Backup process Monthly in my case, on a network drive, except the WindowsImageBackup folder, it creates some extra files [ATTACH] KRAKEN is the name of my PC. Inside there is a folder with a lot of .zip files. I have...
  7. Unable to delete folders, see pic

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to delete folders, see pic: I’m using Windows 10 with 1903. I’m unable to delete some folders aka directories. See the pic below. I tried various command line commands but they didn’t work. Like ‘’ C:path>rmdir /q /s foldername ‘’ didn’t work. How can I delete these two directories? The folder does not...
  8. Unable to delete folder, see pic

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to delete folder, see pic: I’m using Windows 10 with 1903. I’m unable to delete some folders aka directories. See the pic below. I tried various command line commands but they didn’t work. Like ‘’ Code: C:path>rmdir /q /s foldername ‘’ didn’t work. How can I delete these two directories? The folders...
  9. Windows 7 Backup

Windows 7 Backup: Installed Windows October 2018 Update yesterday (4/10/18) and was immediately unable to complete a Backup through Windows 7 Backup (media is write protected); however able to backup via File History ok, and completed system image with no problems (so media is not write...
  10. Windows 7 Backup

Windows 7 Backup: Installed Windows October 2018 Update yesterday (4/10/18) and was immediately unable to complete a Backup through Windows 7 Backup (media is write protected); however able to backup via File History ok, and completed system image with no problems (so media is not write...