Windows 10: Unable To See Folders When Clicking On Save As Option In Word Application.

Discus and support Unable To See Folders When Clicking On Save As Option In Word Application. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Suddenly, when I do "save as", there is no list of folders to choose from to save to> What happened? How do I fix this? ***Edited Original Title... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SherryBrowning1, Dec 29, 2018.

1. Unable To See Folders When Clicking On Save As Option In Word Application.

Suddenly, when I do "save as", there is no list of folders to choose from to save to> What happened? How do I fix this?

***Edited Original Title From: "save as" in Word***

:)

SherryBrowning1, Dec 29, 2018
  2. marinro Win User

Folder Freeze when trying to click on a Word Document. HELP

Hi there,

I came across a very weird bug/issue.

Use Case

Step 1: Create a word document on Desktop and name it TestFreeze

Step 2: Test that you can open the word document and write something like 'Testing freeze folder' ->save it

Step 3: Create a folder on Desktop and name it FreezeMe

Step 4: Copy 'TestFreeze' document in the 'FreezeMe' folder

Step 5: Open the 'FreezeMe' folder and select/click 'TestFreeze' document

Result: Folder Not Responding

Additional Information

I have run some tests and it does not matter:

• if it is a new or old Microsoft word file
    • if the document has content in it or not
    • if it has a long/short name or special characters
    • it does not matter the folder or the name of the folder in which you put the file in
    I also tried with an excel file and seems that I do not experience the same issue.

Microsoft version: 16.0.9330.2073

Windows version: 10.0.17134 Build 17134 with all updates up to date

If there is anything else I can provide to help sort this out, please do let me know.

Opened to any suggestions on how to fix this, as it is very frustrating.

Thanks

marinro, Dec 29, 2018
  3. Melvis Win User
    PC Cant Obtain a IP Address, Need some advice!

Step 1: Click START button
    Step 2: In the Search area, type "regedt32" (of course don't include the ""), right click on the search result and "Run as Administrator".

Step 3: Click on "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE", should expand out to a list of stuff
    Step 4: Next choose "SYSTEM", should expand again
    Step 5: Choose "CurrentControlSet", expands again
    Step 6: Choose "Services", expands to a super large list of stuff

Step 7: Click on "Dhcp", the right window will show the files in that folder
    Step 8: Double click on "DependOnService"
    Step 9: Delete all the words in text area, except "Afd", and click OK. You are done here

Step 10: Next under "Services", look for "EapHost", this should be a few folders below Dhcp Step 11: Same thing, double click on the file "DependOnService"
    Step 12: Delete everything in the text are and click OK. You are done.

Now, close everything and RESTART WINDOWS. Your WLan should be back and working once your computer starts. Hope this saves you like it saved me. Thanks to original poster for the wonderful resolution. Your post was almost too obscure to find, but I'm glad this is SOLVED! I'll be spreading the word around to save people from the constant agony of WLAN SVC going balistic every time after a registry cleanup."

THIS^ FIXED IT!! yay thanks everyone!!

Melvis, Dec 29, 2018
  4. Unable To See Folders When Clicking On Save As Option In Word Application.

Saving a file to a folder

Hello,

Thanks for getting back to me. I'm opening up an attachment from a google account. When I right click I don't have the 'save as' option also I did not have that option when I checked the 'file' either...

Please advise.

Thank you,

DeanHadzikostas, Dec 29, 2018
Thema:

Unable To See Folders When Clicking On Save As Option In Word Application.

1. Unable To See Folders When Clicking On Save As Option In Word Application. - Similar Threads - Unable Folders Clicking

2. Clicked on "save" option instead of "save a copy " in photos app. But I am unable to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clicked on "save" option instead of "save a copy " in photos app. But I am unable to...: I ended up editing a photo, instead of saving a copy of it on windows using "save a copy" option clicked on "save" option now the edited image replaced my original image . Is there any way to retain my original image? when I am going through the pictures the original image...
  3. Clicked on "save" option instead of "save a copy " in photos app. But I am unable to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Clicked on "save" option instead of "save a copy " in photos app. But I am unable to...: I ended up editing a photo, instead of saving a copy of it on windows using "save a copy" option clicked on "save" option now the edited image replaced my original image . Is there any way to retain my original image? when I am going through the pictures the original image...
  4. Something's wrong with right click menu, unable to see options, please help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Something's wrong with right click menu, unable to see options, please help: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/manhooskutta [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fe1wpv/somethings_wrong_with_right_click_menu_unable_to/
  5. Unable to open folders when I double click.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to open folders when I double click.: Except for photos, whenever I double click on a file in a folder, I get the rotating donut and the file never opens. This happens for Word, PPT, Excel at least. It's not the mouse since doube click on photos in the folders opens the photo up immediately. It also happens...
  6. Unable To See My Files/Folders when using 'Save As'

Unable To See My Files/Folders when using 'Save As': Not sure how this happened or why it started happening, I assumed these type of bugs were worked out a long time ago lol. I can save using the directory..But what's the point of a Graphical User Interface if I can't just navigate..graphically?[ATTACH]...
  7. Folder Saving Options

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder Saving Options: I have a folder lets call it "Main Folder" inside this folder are other folders and some files. When I try to sort the contents of "Main Folder" alphabetically it breaks then into two groups, folders and files, folders alphabetically followed by files alphabetically. My...
  8. How to make auto save work on word when you are unable to make the option work

How to make auto save work on word when you are unable to make the option work: I am currently working with word on a ipad and i noticed that i was unable to turn on the autosave setting and I was wondering how I can fix that. This problem has risen within the account that I use with my given college email. Would it matter if my college gave me word for...
  9. after clicking on Save As there is no option to save

after clicking on Save As there is no option to save: I have an issue, all of a sudden clicking the "save as", won’t let me see a list of folders to choose from https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-clicking-on-save-as-there-is-no-option-to/f614d9ef-9aea-47e3-b419-e89990f152aa"
  10. save to desktop is not an option when I right click

save to desktop is not an option when I right click: "save to desktop" is not an option when I right click https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/save-to-desktop-is-not-an-option-when-i-right/92103173-b318-487f-bd64-1f4f05ee8bac"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. when clicking save as have to now search for folder

2. unable to see txt file when clicks on new

3. unable to see create new folder once i click on save as and browse the location on office 2019