Windows 10: Unable to see networked devices but can on other machines

Discus and support Unable to see networked devices but can on other machines in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi all! I wouldn't normally ask for help as I'm usually pretty damned good at sorting issues myself but this has got me stumped. I've got 2 PC's and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by dazmatic, Feb 26, 2019.

1. dazmatic Win User

Unable to see networked devices but can on other machines

Hi all!

I wouldn't normally ask for help as I'm usually pretty damned good at sorting issues myself but this has got me stumped.

I've got 2 PC's and a laptop. Laptop behaves the same way as PC2 so I'll discount that for now.

The issue:

PC1 appears to have an issue with the network in that it cannot see (many) devices and cannot be accessed by devices.

PC1 1809 when browsing the network can only see itself and PC2. It's on 1.3
    PC2 1803 when browsing the network can see everything, routers, NAS, laptop and PC1

If PC2 tries to view shares on PC1 I get a 'network path is not found' error
    If PC1 tries to view shares on PC2, it works fine.

If I ping PC1 from PC2 I can ping both by name and IP address so it is visible on the network.

I've done the usual, reset network, reset IP, reset firewall, reset everything of reasonable importance and likewise, disabled firewall, turned off password protected sharing. Enabled all relevant services for file browsing, upnp, dns and so on.

Presently, I'm pulling my hair out and short of flattening the whole machine and starting again, which I really don't want to do, I'm lost for ideas!

Thanks so much in advance!

:)

dazmatic, Feb 26, 2019
  2. Mystere Win User

What is this network device?

This is a weird problem I've been seeing in windows for years now (not just windows 10). I've been unable to figure out what it is, but we're not alone in this, I did some research a while back and a lot of other people were seeing it as well.

Some suggest it's a bug in the network stack. Some suggest it's neighbors who are connecting somehow, but not able to use the network. Regardless, it's not an uncommon problem and doesn't seem to be anything worry about. Here's some examples:

Solved Strange phones in network - Windows 10 Forums
    Strange phones listed on Network heading

Mystere, Feb 26, 2019
  3. Carnivore Win User
    What is this network device?

I woke my desktop PC from sleep this morning, clicked on Network and immediately spotted a Phone in the device list that doesn't belong to anyone here (a Blu brand phone which is unusual enough that I would know about it).

I clicked on the device and was able to view the MAC address, but nothing else useful. A couple minutes later it disappeared from the network list.

Then a few minutes later I went and looked at another PC on the same home network and saw the same phone in its Network list. It also disappeared a couple minutes after I clicked open 'Network'.

Scanned both PCs with various anti-malware programs including Malwarebytes - they look clean.

Any suggestions on what I was seeing, and if it's malicious how to deal with it?

UPDATE: It popped back up again. I checked my router's connection list and don't see it there. For now I blocked the MAC address in my router but would still like to know where this is coming from.

Carnivore, Feb 26, 2019
  4. Unable to see networked devices but can on other machines

Network devices listed under Unknown in Device Manager

I have a Dell Inspiron M731R laptop upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 Home 64-Bit that suddenly quit connecting to the home network. Was using wireless, so switched to an Ethernet cable, but still no luck. I just discovered that ALL of the network-related devices are now listed under an "Unknown" tab in the Device Manager. A check of properties of each item in that folder says they are all working properly, but that obviously isn't the case. I tried uninstalling each of the 4 items, but when they are recognized again they still show up under the Unknown tab. Any suggestions would be welcome.

Unable to see networked devices but can on other machines [​IMG]

putermaker, Feb 26, 2019
Thema:

Unable to see networked devices but can on other machines

1. Unable to see networked devices but can on other machines - Similar Threads - Unable networked devices

2. I can see all other devices on my network except to other computers, on other devices they...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can see all other devices on my network except to other computers, on other devices they...: I have tried many fixes and none have worked. Literally every other device is visble https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-can-see-all-other-devices-on-my-network-except/8f744a6c-dd13-4fd2-aa9a-217b5cb0af3a
  3. I can see all other devices on my network except to other computers, on other devices they...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can see all other devices on my network except to other computers, on other devices they...: I have tried many fixes and none have worked. Literally every other device is visble https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-can-see-all-other-devices-on-my-network-except/8f744a6c-dd13-4fd2-aa9a-217b5cb0af3a
  4. I can see all other devices on my network except to other computers, on other devices they...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can See Other Device on Network but not the shared files!

Can See Other Device on Network but not the shared files!: Hi So glad in the last few years there is OneDive so that we haven't had to deal with these stupid Network sharing issues. But today I do need to access a folder on another PC in our network which I don't want to put into OneDrive. I can see the PC, but it only has...
  6. Cannot see home network but can see other networks

Cannot see home network but can see other networks: My WiFi network is no longer showing up on my Windows 10 PC. I have checked to make sure all discovery is on and I can see other networks but not my Home Network. I have 20 other device connected so I know it is not the router and I have another Windows 10 machine connected....
  7. New Win10 Machine Can Only See Two of Three Other Machines on Network

New Win10 Machine Can Only See Two of Three Other Machines on Network: I have a 3 machine Homegroup network consisting of one Win7 and two Win10's, and 1 network printer. All 3 machines can see everything on the other two machines and the printer. All 3 machines, and the new machine, are on the same WiFi network. I'm trying to add a new Win10...
  8. New Win10 Machine Can Only See Two of Three Other Machines on Network

New Win10 Machine Can Only See Two of Three Other Machines on Network: I have a 3 machine Homegroup network consisting of one Win7 and two Win10's, and 1 network printer. All 3 machines can see everything on the other two machines and the printer. All 3 machines, and the new machine, are on the same WiFi network. I'm trying to add a new Win10...
  9. Home Network seeing other computer/devices

Home Network seeing other computer/devices: I just installed windows 10 pro it isn't showing any of my other computers or printers 3 in total except for 1 and my Dlinks drive. One printer is connected by a 1 usb port print server the other is connected by way of the net drive (d-links) and other is connect thru...
  10. Can Only See other Network Devices on Wired Connection

Can Only See other Network Devices on Wired Connection: I've just got a new laptop, and have set up all the sharing as I have on my other machines. so the desktop can be seen across other devices in the network. However the it can only see other computers on the network, and they can only see it, when it's on a wired connection to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to see wireless network but other devices can see it