Windows 10: Unable to see or connect to my modem but able to see other wifi connections in list

Discus and support Unable to see or connect to my modem but able to see other wifi connections in list in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; For some reason as of recently, when I turned on my PC I wasn't able to connect to the wifi. My computer is too far from the modem or range extender... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DrakeVal, Dec 19, 2020.

1. DrakeVal Win User

Unable to see or connect to my modem but able to see other wifi connections in list

For some reason as of recently, when I turned on my PC I wasn't able to connect to the wifi. My computer is too far from the modem or range extender for an Ethernet cable so wifi is my only option. I noticed my phone was still connected to the wifi, without trouble.

I also noticed that my phones hotspot worked, and was picked up by the PC.

:)

DrakeVal, Dec 19, 2020
  2. pizza Win User

My Phones wifi cannot connect to Wireless hub modem

I have an android phone zte force (boost) and for some odd reason it cannot connect to my clearwire hub express (Modem and router all in one ) through wifi. When i try to connect to the modem hub my phone stays stuck at "Connecting Saved" back and forth. I have tried changing the encryption and the wifi letter and resetting the modem but no results. The strange thing about my phone is that it can connect to other modems just fine. At the same time other devices can connect to my clear wire hub express *Bang Head :banghead:

I have even tried calling clear but they don't know what the problem is, its strange and if anyone can help that would be awesome !

pizza, Dec 19, 2020
  3. Unable to connect to Cable Modem

I have an issue with my Windows 10 PC not connecting to my cable modem by ethernet cable. I connect the PC to the modem and all I get is "unidentified network - no internet", yet my laptop connects to the modem by ethernet (I'm using it now) just fine. I've tried everything I can think of to get my PC to connect to the modem, but nothing has fixed the problem so far. I can connect my phone to the modem fine by wifi as well, so the modem isn't the issue - or is it? Yesterday I had no issues with connecting to the modem and internet until I had a "blue screen event" and when the computer rebooted, I had the yellow triangle ! ever since.

Please HELP!!

tzoromski135, Dec 19, 2020
  4. pierboy Win User

Unable to see or connect to my modem but able to see other wifi connections in list

Connecting Wifi to modem

Hello.

I am Trying to connect a Dell XPS 10 Tablet running windows rt to my modem but keep getting a authentication error and will not connect.

i have reset all settings on my modem to factory,have uninstalled the driver for the network adapter and reinstalled but still nothing.

I am successful at connection the tablet to my smart phone using tethering with no problems at all.

the smart phone is connected to the wifi coming from the modem.

I must be missing a step somewhere and can not figure it out.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

pierboy, Dec 19, 2020
Thema:

1. Unable to see or connect to my modem but able to see other wifi connections in list - Similar Threads - Unable connect modem

2. cannot see my own wifi network in the list but can see every other

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    cannot see my own wifi network in the list but can see every other: I have an USB WI-FI adapter that has been and is still working perfectly. Suddenly it cant see my wifi network today while every other device can see and can connect to that wifi network. I tried restarting the router, returning the router to factory settings, changing the...
  3. cannot see my own wifi network in the list but can see every other

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot see my own wifi network in the list but can see every other: I have an USB WI-FI adapter that has been and is still working perfectly. Suddenly it cant see my wifi network today while every other device can see and can connect to that wifi network. I tried restarting the router, returning the router to factory settings, changing the...
  4. cannot see my own wifi network in the list but can see every other

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Why can I not see my own wifi in my laptop connection list but i can see many others

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can I not see my own wifi in my laptop connection list but i can see many others: I cannot see my own wifi router 3 feet away in my laptop connection list but I can see many other connections. All drivers are up to date. Resetting the router and modem doesn't help. all my devices connect correctly except my laptop. What can I do to fix this issue?....
  6. Why can I not see my own wifi in my laptop connection list but i can see many others

Why can I not see my own wifi in my laptop connection list but i can see many others: I cannot see my own wifi router 3 feet away in my laptop connection list but I can see many other connections. All drivers are up to date. Resetting the router and modem doesn't help. all my devices connect correctly except my laptop. What can I do to fix this issue?....
  7. Why can I not see my own wifi in my laptop connection list but i can see many others

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why can I not see my own wifi in my laptop connection list but i can see many others: i cannot see my own wifi in my laptop connection list but i can see many others https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-can-i-not-see-my-own-wifi-in-my-laptop/a9072566-85a7-4611-9f5b-88aad288454d
  8. Cant connect/see wifi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant connect/see wifi: Hi TeamCurrently I connected to the internet via cable, but I want to connect with wifi!I installed new windows 11.Trying connect my pc to the wifi, but I cant see such option:I have tried to configure in services the wwan and wlan to set it to automatic:I have tried install...
  9. Cant connect/see wifi

Cant connect/see wifi: Hi TeamCurrently I connected to the internet via cable, but I want to connect with wifi!I installed new windows 11.Trying connect my pc to the wifi, but I cant see such option:I have tried to configure in services the wwan and wlan to set it to automatic:I have tried install...
  10. Bluetooth sees device, but is not able to connect to it

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth sees device, but is not able to connect to it: I am having trouble connecting devices to my computer via Bluetooth. It was a standard at first pro controller, I was able to pair the device to my computer effortlessly in the past, but it doesn't seem to work anymore. I then tried the other devices I had used in the past,...