Windows 10: unable to "see" phone files when attached to PC Win 10

Discus and support unable to "see" phone files when attached to PC Win 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Unable to "see" phone files after the latest Win 10 push. Phone did show in file explorer before this latest update. Any suggestions would be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by CVanBuskirk, Sep 14, 2019.

1. unable to "see" phone files when attached to PC Win 10

Unable to "see" phone files after the latest Win 10 push. Phone did show in file explorer before this latest update.

Any suggestions would be appreciated

:)

CVanBuskirk, Sep 14, 2019

2. email attachments

Hello Allan,

To attach a document file on an email, you can follow the step given below:

For Windows 10 Mobile:

• Launch to File Explorer app.
    • Press and hold the file that you need to attach on the email, and select
      button.
    • Select Outlook Mail on the suggested applications.

For Windows Phone 8.1:

• Download and install
      Files
      app.
    • Launch Files app.
    • Tap and hold the document that you need to attach on the email, and select
      button.
    • Select the Mail app on the suggested applications.

Feel free to post back if you have other queries.

Timoteo IV Ofr, Sep 14, 2019
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    Unable to attach documents to email error The following files couldn't be attached: IMG.pdf. Please try again later

Hi Mikalbe,

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• How are you accessing mail e.g. Mail app or Outlook?
    • Is the issue with a particular format of attachments?
    I suggest you to try attaching a different format of file and check if you are able to attach file and send mail. Also install all pending Windows updates and check. If the issue still persists follow the steps below.

App Troubleshooter

I suggest you to run app troubleshooter for issues related to edge and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Do let us know if you are able to attach files to email. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Sep 14, 2019
  4. unable to "see" phone files when attached to PC Win 10

Winmail on win 10 doesn't show attachments

Hi Jose,

System files or user account corruption can cause issues when
    viewing attachments on emails in Windows 10. To better assist you, we need the answers to the following questions:

• Just to verify, are you having issues with the built-in Mail app or with the
      Outlook desktop app?
    • Does the issue happens when you are also logged into your web mail (Outlook.com, Gmail.com, etc.)?

In the meantime, we suggest checking the steps in this
    article to troubleshoot attachment problems in Outlook.

Jefferson Ore, Sep 14, 2019
Thema:

unable to "see" phone files when attached to PC Win 10

1. unable to "see" phone files when attached to PC Win 10 - Similar Threads - unable phone files

2. Win 10 BSOD - Dump files attached

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 BSOD - Dump files attached: I have an acquaintance that was having issues with DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATON for a while, and is continuing to have BSOD's. I'm not as handy with WinDbg as I'd like, but when I use it to view the dumps, I see 3 different errors. I wonder if to a trained eye, there may be a common...
  3. Win 10 BSOD - Dump files attached

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10 BSOD - Dump files attached: I have an acquaintance that was having issues with DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATON for a while, and is continuing to have BSOD's. I'm not as handy with WinDbg as I'd like, but when I use it to view the dumps, I see 3 different errors. I wonder if to a trained eye, there may be a common...
  4. Win 11 and still cannot see phone in file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 and still cannot see phone in file explorer: I recently upgrade from Win 10 to Win 11 hoping that it would be easier to move music files to my phone. I still cannot find my phone in File Explorer whether by bluetooth or using USB cable. It used to be easy before Win 10. I have followed all of the suggestions I could...
  5. Win 11 and still cannot see phone in file explorer

Win 11 and still cannot see phone in file explorer: I recently upgrade from Win 10 to Win 11 hoping that it would be easier to move music files to my phone. I still cannot find my phone in File Explorer whether by bluetooth or using USB cable. It used to be easy before Win 10. I have followed all of the suggestions I could...
  6. Unable to attach files on Gmail.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to attach files on Gmail.: The problem started today after an automatic windows update. ERROR: This file is 0 bytes, so it will not attached. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-attach-files-on-gmail/839e9ee2-f5c3-473c-be46-e3fa35d6c602
  7. Unable to attach files on Gmail.

Unable to attach files on Gmail.: The problem started today after an automatic windows update. ERROR: This file is 0 bytes, so it will not attached. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-attach-files-on-gmail/839e9ee2-f5c3-473c-be46-e3fa35d6c602
  8. Unable to attach files on Gmail.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. Unable to see email content or attachments

Unable to see email content or attachments: Unable to see email content or attachments using the default windows 10 mail app using my recently purchased windows surface book 3. The account is gmail. For the same email - i can see the respective content and attachments - when viewed through mobile phone....
  10. Wins 10 Maill Apps - unable to open attachment unless the file is downloaded.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wins 10 Maill Apps - unable to open attachment unless the file is downloaded.: it seems like i cannot open and view attachment in the Mail Apps in my windows 10. The only option i have is to download the file and open it. i tried the same email account on another computer ( win 10) , the attachment can be open without saving the attachment. i try to...