Windows 10: Unable to see photo thumbnails?

Discus and support Unable to see photo thumbnails? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have tried almost every trick in the book to make my thumbnails work, including scouring the internet for answers. At the moment, I am unable to see... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Emrys B, Mar 14, 2019.

1. Emrys B Win User

Unable to see photo thumbnails?

I have tried almost every trick in the book to make my thumbnails work, including scouring the internet for answers. At the moment, I am unable to see what my images are without opening each and every individual image, and I have thousands. I have checked to see thumbnails, I've cleared the thumbnail cache using disk cleanup, I've even cleared it using the command center.

Unable to see photo thumbnails? unknown.png

:)

Emrys B, Mar 14, 2019

2. Photo thumbnail picture

Hi

File Explorer>Pictures>Open Pictures.

If Your Photos come up as just a List and don't show up as Thumbnails, look at the Two Small Icons at the Bottom Right of the Screen and 'Toggle' between them.

The first one gives you a List View and the other one gives you a Thumbnail View.

Or you could Click: View at the Top of the Screen and then you Can not only see your Photos as Thumbnails but you can also choose the Size.

Cyberdesigner, Mar 14, 2019
  3. Photo thumbnail picture

If you do the suggestion by Cyberdesigner and they still show as icons, check your performance settings and make sure "show thumbnails instead of icons" is checked.

Right click Start, select System -> Advanced system settings -> Advanced tab -> Performance - Settings

Unable to see photo thumbnails? [​IMG]

fracking4oil, Mar 14, 2019
  4. Unable to see photo thumbnails?

Photo thumbnail picture

Found this is the easier way: the blue area marked organize/new folder way to right u 3 icons box w/down arrow(STOP, here to choose what size pic u want, done, over), 3 paned window , blue ?!!!

https://goo.gl/photos/xqGNuvGuxn5GXEtC9

booksbenji, Mar 14, 2019
Thema:

Unable to see photo thumbnails?

1. Unable to see photo thumbnails? - Similar Threads - Unable photo thumbnails

2. Photos app - thumbnail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos app - thumbnail: I used to be able to select resize and the thumbnail option was always there, now it just displays pixel or percentage?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-app-thumbnail/a38f53d8-6bcf-4d30-87e5-a1e5c813803f
  3. Photos app - thumbnail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos app - thumbnail: I used to be able to select resize and the thumbnail option was always there, now it just displays pixel or percentage?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-app-thumbnail/a38f53d8-6bcf-4d30-87e5-a1e5c813803f
  4. Photo Thumbnails

in Windows 10 Support
    Photo Thumbnails: Hi All Can anyone help me get my thumbnail pictures back please. I use for my photo editing Affinity and when I open a folder to download a photo all the thumbnails have the affinity logo not a picture. I did email affinity who said it is a windows problem. I have tried...
  5. Lost thumbnails to photos

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost thumbnails to photos: Please help, my photos saved on the computes are in place but just plain icons, no thumbnails. Alot of photos did get deleted somewhere else in the computer during Backup and Sync, but they were backup of a backup. But now I only see the plain icons and not the little...
  6. Can't see Thumbnails in photos -- just the Windows Icon

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't see Thumbnails in photos -- just the Windows Icon: Hi, I am running Windows 10 Home (Version - 2004, Build - 19041.423) using the Edge Browser. A few days ago I noticed that when I went to any of my Picture folders all I could see was the Windows Icon not thumbnails as previously depicted. I have no idea what caused the...
  7. photo thumbnails

in Windows 10 Customization
    photo thumbnails: since the update my photos was no longer the pictures thumbnails of it, is there any idea how to have it back from the previous settings? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photo-thumbnails/93baf5d3-968e-4c69-b063-8b4df14e1382
  8. No thumbnails and unsynced photos

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No thumbnails and unsynced photos: Problem #1. Thumbnails are not showing up. I have been through every fix on the internet but they still not always appear. (see photo). I have the always show thumbnails option checked and the show icons unchecked. I have deleted and reinstalled the cache file. No luck. I...
  9. Photos App - No Thumbnails

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos App - No Thumbnails: On my neighbour's machine (that I did a clean install on) when they load pictures from their camera, and the Photo app launches, all the photos/pictures shown in the Photo app are blank - i.e. the thumbnails are not showing. On this machine thumbnails are set to show and if...
  10. Photo thumbnail picture

in Windows 10 Support
    Photo thumbnail picture: When opening a folder containing pictures how do I get win 10 to show a thumb nail size image 17461

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to see the thumbnail

2. unable to see thumbnail image in windows 10

3. unable to see thumbnail for cr2

4. seeing photographs as thumbnails