Windows 10: Unable to See Samba Share

Discus and support Unable to See Samba Share in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I'll try to keep it short. I have a headless ubuntu server that has a samba server. It's connected to the network with a cable (not wifi)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by noxsoldier, Feb 17, 2017.

1. Unable to See Samba Share

Hi everyone,
    I'll try to keep it short. I have a headless ubuntu server that has a samba server. It's connected to the network with a cable (not wifi) and has a static IP. My desktop (also wired with static IP) is unable to see the samba share at all: not when I go to the network page and not when I type the IP address in. I am able to ping the ubuntu server from the windows machine and it responds.

I have two other windows 10 PCs that can see and interact with the samba share just fine. I also have a raspberry pi that has the samba share in question automounted and it works perfectly.

I have googled and researched this issue for hours and hours. I have tried a million things from editing my registry to turning on windows features and nothing helps. I finally re-installed windows for a fresh start and it still doesn't work!

I'm pulling my hair out and as a hail mary I thought I'd ask if anyone could help me out,
    Thanks a million in advance.

:)

noxsoldier, Feb 17, 2017

2. Pin to Quick Access on a Mapped Network Drive

It seems to be a problem with the samba protocol, the problem is only on a NAS running linux. A large majority of NAS are using samba protocol for file sharing, that's a big problem...

boustalahit, Feb 17, 2017
  3. EckiS Win User
    EckiS, Feb 17, 2017
  4. M4v3r1ck Win User

Unable to See Samba Share

Did you check the settings in Credential Manager - Control Panel - in Windows for your ubuntu server?

M4v3r1ck, Feb 17, 2017
  5. I remember fiddling around with that at some point in the last few weeks but don't really remember specifics. I'm willing to try pretty much anything at this point. If you tell me what to do, I'll do it *Smile

noxsoldier, Feb 17, 2017
  6. M4v3r1ck Win User
    1. Go to CM and check if your server is present.
    2. If not, create a new windows credential for the server with the appropriate - exact - username and password to connect to it.
    3. For assurance reboot your PC.

EDIT: use either static ip or the WORKGROUP name of your sever.

M4v3r1ck, Feb 17, 2017
  7. I created the "Windows Credential" with the exact name and password and I get this error when I try to connect:

Unable to See Samba Share [​IMG]

On both of the other Windows PC's they don't have a Windows Credential and can see it just fine (weird).

noxsoldier, Feb 17, 2017
  8. M4v3r1ck Win User

Is the server set to be part of WORKGROUP like your PC's?

M4v3r1ck, Feb 17, 2017
  9. Yes, 100% yes. Just to be clear my workgroup name is LEDESMA but it's LEDESMA in the samba config and on ALL the PC's in the house, including my desktop that can't see it. I just checked spelling and it's the same.

noxsoldier, Feb 17, 2017
  10. M4v3r1ck Win User
    Give me a sec, I'll hop over to my Desktop too!

M4v3r1ck, Feb 17, 2017
  11. M4v3r1ck Win User
    Like this?

M4v3r1ck, Feb 18, 2017
  12. The name of the Workgroup is LEDESMA.
    The location of the server is \\LEDESMA-SERVER

I setup a WC for \\LEDESMA-SERVER and it didn't work. Then just to be thorough I setup one for \\LEDESMA but it didn't help *Sad

I also enabled guest logins on the samba config file and it didn't do anything.

noxsoldier, Feb 18, 2017
  13. M4v3r1ck Win User

My bad, sorry about the name.

1. All adapter settings - Network and Sharing Settings - for your current PC the same as all others?
    2. Is it set to allow Windows to manage connections - homegroup - in Advanced Sharing Settings? Here's my settings using the Windows Credentials for my NAS server and other computer.

M4v3r1ck, Feb 18, 2017
  14. As far as I can tell, all of the settings in the "ethernet properties" are the same (when I right click the network adapter and click properties). Also, the "advanced sharing settings" are the same as yours (and all the pc's in the house have identical settings in the window you snapshotted).

noxsoldier, Feb 18, 2017
  15. M4v3r1ck Win User
    Checked your NetBIOS settings for your static IP on your current PC?

M4v3r1ck, Feb 18, 2017
Thema:

1. Unable to See Samba Share - Similar Threads - Unable Samba Share

2. Connecting to a Samba Share

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Connecting to a Samba Share: I am trying to connect to a samba share. There are two users on the machine. user1 was able to access the share drive and map the share on the machine. user2 was able to access the folders. the next day user1 could not access the drives that were mapped nor could they...
  3. Unable to Access any Samba share after 2004 Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to Access any Samba share after 2004 Update: Hi everybody, Since yesterday i have already 6 computers of our company Windows 10 Pro, witch upgraded automatically to 2004. And since this upgrade they are unable to connect to any network share via SMB. These shares are not only on our Domain controller, but also on...
  4. BUG Samba 4.11 so wont see shares NAS / LINUX users

BUG Samba 4.11 so wont see shares NAS / LINUX users: Hi folks There's a / several bug(s) reported (and I can concur) with current release of Samba (4.11.x) This will also affect Windows users if they want to access NAS or Linux servers using SAMBA where SAMBA has been upgraded to Version 4.11.x. where x is 1,2,3 etc. Version...
  5. Unable to see shared media on tv

Unable to see shared media on tv: Hello! I am having problems seeing shared media on my Sharp tv. The pc which is running 10 home 1809 shows folders shared, media shared. When I try and access the music from my tv, freesat box, dvd player or youview box etc. it sees the pc as a media server. I open the...
  6. XP to NAS / SAMBA shares

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    XP to NAS / SAMBA shares: Hi folks If you have XP VM's and you want to access SAMBA type shares then you'll need to add these 2 lines in the global section of the samba.conf file. (Note on the NAS / SAMBA server file. There's nothing extra to do on the XP system. (The NAS can usually by default...
  7. Cannot access Samba share

Cannot access Samba share: Hi, I have a few Windows 10 computers and some linux computers on my network. I use Samba to enable sharing between the Windows and Linux computers. On one of the Windows computer I have a Storage Spaces drive set up as a Samba share. I can access some of the folders on this...
  8. Issues seeing Samba share from Kubuntu server under Windows 10

Issues seeing Samba share from Kubuntu server under Windows 10: All, In my home network I have several computers. A Kubuntu Linux server, a windows 10 laptop and a window 8.1 desktop. Under Kubuntu I have setup several Samba shares for things like videos/photos/music, etc. From the Kubuntu side everything seems to be fine, I can see...
  9. Samba share doesn't work

Samba share doesn't work: Hi, I have Vbox with Ubuntu Server 14.04 LTS installed on it. My host is Win 10 (Version 10.0.10240 Build 10240). I've tried to get my samba share working for the whole day. I asked in #Windows, #ubuntu, #samba, #php, everywhere. I've googled and googled and googled.......
  10. Unable to see Win7.1 shares

Unable to see Win7.1 shares: Although I'm able to see my desktop computer in the network folder of my laptop I can't open it to see any of the shares! My desktop is a Win 7.1 Ultimate system fully up to date. My laptop was a Win 8.1 system and had no problems networking with the desktop. I've now...