Windows 10: Unable to see shared media on tv

Discus and support Unable to see shared media on tv in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello! I am having problems seeing shared media on my Sharp tv. The pc which is running 10 home 1809 shows folders shared, media shared. When I try... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by colin higton, Jan 16, 2020.

1. Unable to see shared media on tv

Hello!

I am having problems seeing shared media on my Sharp tv.

The pc which is running 10 home 1809 shows folders shared, media shared.

When I try and access the music from my tv, freesat box, dvd player or youview box etc. it sees the pc as a media server.

I open the media server browse the folders it sees the folder, but says it's empty.

Any ideas?

:)

colin higton, Jan 16, 2020

2. Unable to share media to TV after clean Windows 10 install

I recently had to do a clean install of Windows 10 Home x64 (1511 Build 10586.318). Before the clean install I could share and view on my Panasonic TV all the photos / videos stored on my PC. Since the clean install, while all the media locations on my PC are listed in the Windows Media Player Libraries, including my OneDrive, only the OneDrive locations are visible on the TV (Windows appears to automatically add the OneDrive to the list, as if you remove it from the list of libraries it is added again automatically!). The TV is listed in the devices to which the media can be streamed on the Local network.

I also have a Western Digital NAS drive and can stream all media to the TV from this without any problem. Can anybody suggest why the media located in the default Windows Pictures / Video locations cannot be viewed on the TV, while the OneDrive locations are and how I can solve this issue?

Exspextations, Jan 16, 2020
  3. Law-II Win User
    Windows Media Center Live TV Help

Hi

go here - Hauppauge | Page Not Found select "Windows Media Center install" tab

look at - Setting up your TV tuner in Windows 7 Media Center - select download (will open a pdf with screen by screen instructions)
    "Download
    Here is a screen by screen view of the setup of Windows Media Center. It was based on the WinTV-HVR-1600, but the setup with other WinTV-HVR products will be similar."

Follow the guide stage by stage

let the TPU community know at what "step" Media Center gets stuck at Example: step 1, step 2

nb: It may be to do with your zip code and or post code not being entered

In regard to your DVD Rom drive - go to -control panel/device manager/DVD/CD-ROM drives -make a note of the make and model number Example: Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-215D ATA Device - highlight the device you have installed -press right mouse button-select properties-details-property and select Install Date from the drop down list and let us know this.

atb (all the best)

Law-II

Law-II, Jan 16, 2020
  4. Unable to see shared media on tv

Window Media Player and Movies & TV arent working with internet conection

Hi Carlos,

I realize that WMP and M& TV app is not working on your PC. I will try to help you with this issue.

As Windows Media Player is not able to access the file, suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if that helps. Follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + X and click on Control Panel.

• Click on Troubleshooting and click on View all.

Select “Windows Media Player Settings” troubleshooter and run it to check if that helps.

Further, you may also take ownership of the file to check if that helps.

Follow these steps:

• Right click the file and select Properties.

• Click the Security tab, tap or click Advanced, then tap or click Change. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

• Type the name of the person that you want to give ownership to, and then click Check Names.

Note: The account name for the person that you are assigning ownership to is displayed.

• Click OK.

• If you want this person to be the owner of the files and subfolders that are contained in this folder, select the “Replace owner on sub-containers and objects” check box.

• Click OK.

For the Movies & TV app issue, suggest you to post the query in the Movies & TV forum:
    Results in Music, Movies & TV - Microsoft Community

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Jan 16, 2020
Thema:

Unable to see shared media on tv

1. Unable to see shared media on tv - Similar Threads - Unable shared media

2. sharing laptop with TV

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sharing laptop with TV: I had trouble with laptop and screen share to tv using windows 11 but managed to connect eventually but since upgrading to win 11Pro I can't get screen share to work. I have tried all the steps I used for win 11 but these do not seem to solve the problem using win 11Pro.I...
  3. sharing laptop with TV

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sharing laptop with TV: I had trouble with laptop and screen share to tv using windows 11 but managed to connect eventually but since upgrading to win 11Pro I can't get screen share to work. I have tried all the steps I used for win 11 but these do not seem to solve the problem using win 11Pro.I...
  4. unable to see shared network drive on router

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    unable to see shared network drive on router: How do I setup windows 10 to be able to see all my shared network devices? I am looking for my //net-storage/drive that is on my router. I did it long ago for another computer but forget how I managed to accomplish the task....
  5. Unable to see the PC on network to share files

Unable to see the PC on network to share files: Hello, I am reaching out because my computer is not noticed on our network at my work. In the network we share crucial information and pictures of vehicles that we have for sale. My computer is the base for all of the pictures so I have to be seen by everyone. All of my...
  6. File sharing - unable to see other computers

File sharing - unable to see other computers: I have only two computers on my home network connected by a switch/router. It used to work fine when it comes to sharing and transferring files. They can usually see each other after turning on sharing for any individual folders or files, though, sometime, it does take a few...
  7. Unable to share media to TV after clean Windows 10 install

Unable to share media to TV after clean Windows 10 install: I recently had to do a clean install of Windows 10 Home x64 (1511 Build 10586.318). Before the clean install I could share and view on my Panasonic TV all the photos / videos stored on my PC. Since the clean install, while all the media locations on my PC are listed in the...
  8. Unable to See Samba Share

Unable to See Samba Share: Hi everyone, I'll try to keep it short. I have a headless ubuntu server that has a samba server. It's connected to the network with a cable (not wifi) and has a static IP. My desktop (also wired with static IP) is unable to see the samba share at all: not when I go to the...
  9. Media player and VLC do not see networked TV

Media player and VLC do not see networked TV: I have a wired connection to my TV. The TV and Home network devices see each other on LAN1. However, unable to cast to TV as the win10 media player and VLC do not see LAN1. However, if I switch the connection from the TV to the DVD recorder (same LAN1) all is fine and films...
  10. Unable to see Win7.1 shares

Unable to see Win7.1 shares: Although I'm able to see my desktop computer in the network folder of my laptop I can't open it to see any of the shares! My desktop is a Win 7.1 Ultimate system fully up to date. My laptop was a Win 8.1 system and had no problems networking with the desktop. I've now...