Windows 10: unable to see startup program in the folder taskmanager and file explorer

Discus and support unable to see startup program in the folder taskmanager and file explorer in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello Team , i am not able to see any programmes running in startup folder however there are some apps like skype,screenshot,whatsapp are running as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by amit.prajapati, Jul 17, 2020.

1. unable to see startup program in the folder taskmanager and file explorer

Hello Team ,

i am not able to see any programmes running in startup folder however there are some apps like skype,screenshot,whatsapp are running as system starts

tried creating new user as well .

attaching screeshot

unable to see startup program in the folder taskmanager and file explorer a6df432a-c9ff-4566-8336-d291c05805cd?upload=true.png unable to see startup program in the folder taskmanager and file explorer 6408ce51-1460-4c49-be3c-4009bfe387a6?upload=true.png

suggest some measure to solve this issue . checked all articles on forums.

:)

amit.prajapati, Jul 17, 2020
  2. TRWOV Win User

What is "Program" in taskmanager

I also have a "program" on my startup list but there's no program.exe or program anything on my drive and the "Open file location" option is grayed out.

I suppose it's just a descriptor. My best guess is that a uninstalled program didn't remove its entry from the startup list and Windows still tries to load it but since there's no actual file Windows can't show its metadata.

unable to see startup program in the folder taskmanager and file explorer [​IMG]

EDIT: Woops.... sorry, didn't see that OP already solved the issue *Oops! unable to see startup program in the folder taskmanager and file explorer :oops: Disregard my post

TRWOV, Jul 17, 2020
  3. P4-630 Win User
    What is "Program" in taskmanager

Exactly, er was no program.exe and the "open file location" was greyed out.
    I was able to remove it with "Autoruns".
    After that I scanned with malwarebytes, no big problems found.

P4-630, Jul 17, 2020
  4. RicVittum Win User

unable to see startup program in the folder taskmanager and file explorer

File Explorer Windows 10 - How do you stop it from opening at startup

That's not Windows 10. Mine opens that stupid window at the startup, and checking the startup folder, there is NO item there saying Files Explorer. That was no help at all.

RicVittum, Jul 17, 2020
Thema:

unable to see startup program in the folder taskmanager and file explorer

1. unable to see startup program in the folder taskmanager and file explorer - Similar Threads - unable startup program

2. TaskManager startup entries missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TaskManager startup entries missing: I just noticed that the entries in start up are missing. I ran a command to check what my startup programs are and they are all still registered how I would expect them to be, and they all start up when I reboot my computer, they're just not showing up in Task Manager. I also...
  3. TaskManager startup entries missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    TaskManager startup entries missing: I just noticed that the entries in start up are missing. I ran a command to check what my startup programs are and they are all still registered how I would expect them to be, and they all start up when I reboot my computer, they're just not showing up in Task Manager. I also...
  4. TaskManager startup entries missing

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Program folders not appearing in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Program folders not appearing in File Explorer: I have a few program files that aren’t visible in the File Explorer app, but are visible through a 3rd party app WinDirStat.I have already checked all the “view” settings and set everything to be visible, including hidden files, and program-essential files. The ones I’m...
  6. Program folders not appearing in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Program folders not appearing in File Explorer: I have a few program files that aren’t visible in the File Explorer app, but are visible through a 3rd party app WinDirStat.I have already checked all the “view” settings and set everything to be visible, including hidden files, and program-essential files. The ones I’m...
  7. Program folders not appearing in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. startup apps not sshowing in taskmanager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    startup apps not sshowing in taskmanager: I CANT FIND STARTUP APPS ON WWINDOWS 11 TASKMANAGER WHEN I ADDED STARTUP FOLDDER IN PROGRAMS OF USERS AND PROGRAMDATAA https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/startup-apps-not-sshowing-in-taskmanager/54c4d052-4b1d-4cea-bbd6-14d5f3a84623
  9. How to see folder file size in Explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to see folder file size in Explorer: I somewhat recently switched over from Mac to Windows. One thing I still can't figure out is how to see the file size of a folder in the Explorer window. When I open a window, I see the following tabs: "Name", "Date Modified", "Type", and "Size". For files, "Size" is...
  10. Can't see all files/folders in Program Files

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't see all files/folders in Program Files: Hi, I ran a program that created some files and folders in C:\Program Files\Utilities\NewApp. I can see the files and folders using NewApp's browser, but I could NOT see them in Explorer. I now realize that I can only see NewApp's created files and folders in Explorer...