Windows 10: unable to see the partitions

Discus and support unable to see the partitions in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi when i click on my PC, i just see the C drive, when there should be, E F and D drives as well. i never had this problem before, everything was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by YogeshRaghumudri, Oct 17, 2021.

1. unable to see the partitions

Hi when i click on my PC, i just see the C drive, when there should be, E F and D drives as well. i never had this problem before, everything was working fine. when i open the disk management, i get this message. i have years' work in those drives and this is a bit concerning for me. i am worried if i lost that data. please help me.thanks

:)

YogeshRaghumudri, Oct 17, 2021
  2. W1zzard Win User

W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Oct 17, 2021
  3. UserTen Win User
    Unable to Use Unallocated Space to Extend Partition

Okay...thanks. Will look at it tomorrow. FYI, I figured out how to get that unformatted G partition back into D.

In Disk Management, I right clicked G and selected "Delete Volume." That rendered the partition as unallocated. I was then able to extend D with that space.

Thanks again for all of the help!

unable to see the partitions [​IMG]

UserTen, Oct 17, 2021
  4. unable to see the partitions

Help! Data partition not showing under my computer

This is happening on a windows 2000 server. Our second partition of the system, for data is not showing under my computer. Here are the properties of it in disk management:

unable to see the partitions partition.jpg

Now under logical drives its listed as F and shows free space available.

Suggestions on how to fix this?

Hybrid_theory, Oct 17, 2021
Thema:

unable to see the partitions

1. unable to see the partitions - Similar Threads - unable partitions

2. Unable to boot into windows 10 after removing bootable partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to boot into windows 10 after removing bootable partition: Due to a previous unrelated problem, I had cloned my primary SSD onto another of the same size 1tb. I then wiped my primary drive and reinstalled windows 10 onto it. After copying files across from my secondary SSD to my primary, I eventually got around to wiping my secondary...
  3. Unable to boot into windows 10 after removing bootable partition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to boot into windows 10 after removing bootable partition: Due to a previous unrelated problem, I had cloned my primary SSD onto another of the same size 1tb. I then wiped my primary drive and reinstalled windows 10 onto it. After copying files across from my secondary SSD to my primary, I eventually got around to wiping my secondary...
  4. Unable to boot into windows 10 after removing bootable partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. converted my internal hdd to external but unable to use the windows partition now

in Windows 10 Gaming
    converted my internal hdd to external but unable to use the windows partition now: I switched my laptops hdd to ssd and converted the HDD to external hard drive but was unable to get rid of the partitions and windows installed on it. Initially it used to work but it was kinda slow. But now the partition containing windows doesn't open up and other drives...
  6. converted my internal hdd to external but unable to use the windows partition now

converted my internal hdd to external but unable to use the windows partition now: I switched my laptops hdd to ssd and converted the HDD to external hard drive but was unable to get rid of the partitions and windows installed on it. Initially it used to work but it was kinda slow. But now the partition containing windows doesn't open up and other drives...
  7. Deleted Ubuntu partition. Now the space shows as "unallocated". Unable to create a new...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted Ubuntu partition. Now the space shows as "unallocated". Unable to create a new...: When I try to right click and create a "new simple volume" , I get an error that says there is not enough disk space. I also tried reinstalling Ubuntu to check if I can install again on this disk space. How can I get back this disk space/reinstall on this unallocated space?...
  8. Deleted Ubuntu partition. Now the space shows as "unallocated". Unable to create a new...

Deleted Ubuntu partition. Now the space shows as "unallocated". Unable to create a new...: When I try to right click and create a "new simple volume" , I get an error that says there is not enough disk space. I also tried reinstalling Ubuntu to check if I can install again on this disk space. How can I get back this disk space/reinstall on this unallocated space?...
  9. Unable to further partition disk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to further partition disk: I have 58 gb free, yet I can't partition https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-further-partition-disk/ced15810-821b-4cc6-bef6-21af07a9d16d
  10. Unable to further partition disk

Unable to further partition disk: I have 58 gb free, yet I can't partition https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-further-partition-disk/ced15810-821b-4cc6-bef6-21af07a9d16d