Windows 10: Unable to see the PC on network to share files

Discus and support Unable to see the PC on network to share files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I am reaching out because my computer is not noticed on our network at my work. In the network we share crucial information and pictures of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Charlie Church, Mar 1, 2019.

1. Unable to see the PC on network to share files

Hello,

I am reaching out because my computer is not noticed on our network at my work. In the network we share crucial information and pictures of vehicles that we have for sale. My computer is the base for all of the pictures so I have to be seen by everyone. All of my network properties are set with all sharing and streaming on. It seems as though every time that I update my PC I have to figure out what is wrong/has changed. This time I can not seem to find why My Computer is not being noticed. I have restarted my computer numerous times just in case it is a small glitch but nothing has changed.

Thank you for your time,

Charlie

***Modified title from: Network Sharing***

:)

Charlie Church, Mar 1, 2019

2. SHARING FILES WITH WINDOWS 7

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Have you made any changes on your PC?
    • Did you perform any Windows update recently?
    • Are you connected to Domain network?

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if that helps.

1. To share files over file explorer refer the following

article
    2. Refer article for
      file sharing
      over a network.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking, Yes or No.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Mar 1, 2019
  3. Block File sharing in Wifi network, Windows 10

Hi Lori,

As per the description, I understand that you want to block file sharing on your Wi-Fi network. I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Right click on Start and select Control Panel.
    • Change the view type to Large Icons.
    • Click on Network and Sharing center.
    • In the left navigation pane, click on Advanced sharing center.
    • In the right pane, under Files and printer sharing, select the option:
      Turn off file and printer sharing.
    • Restart the system and check for status.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Mar 1, 2019
  4. Unable to see the PC on network to share files

Can I share a network connection from a VM to the host OS?

hmm, i will assumer no responces = no, i cannot share it... lucky me, i finally got it to work in 7 with steps pretty close... Program Files > Pantech is where you will need to point windows to inorder to the card running in 7... though it would be nice to be able to share hardware and network connections from a VM to the host PC...

beyond_amusia, Mar 1, 2019
Thema:

Unable to see the PC on network to share files

1. Unable to see the PC on network to share files - Similar Threads - Unable network share

2. Unable to delete files on network share

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to delete files on network share: Hi All, I've only recently migrated to Win10 and have found a bug that's really...bugging me! I can't seem to delete some files on network shares. This morning I created three files in the same folder. I can delete two of them, but the third one just won't go. It appears to...
  3. Unable to share files on local network

Unable to share files on local network: Why has Microsoft disabled the file sharing capabilities for home users? Ever since Homegroups were tossed out, sharing files between our families PC's has become a real challenge. This time of year tax time makes this really frustrating as - being the "accountant" for our...
  4. unable to see shared network drive on router

unable to see shared network drive on router: How do I setup windows 10 to be able to see all my shared network devices? I am looking for my //net-storage/drive that is on my router. I did it long ago for another computer but forget how I managed to accomplish the task....
  5. Unable to see Desktop computer under Network to share files

Unable to see Desktop computer under Network to share files: Due to the HD crash i was obliged to change it and reinstall win10. Now i've another computer, an Asus laptop and is very important for me that such computers and in condivision. Yesterday night i've solved a problem open on the desktop the network icons and making the files...
  6. Network Sharing - Unable to share the files on my pc with others on the network

Network Sharing - Unable to share the files on my pc with others on the network: Hello, I am trying to set up my PC for file sharing across the network at my work. I have changed all of my settings to allow network sharing but whenever someone else tries to access it says access denied I have allowed permissions to everyone while trying to set it up and...
  7. I cannot see shared files on network

I cannot see shared files on network: I am unable to access the shared folders of my Lenovo PC. But I am able to access other systems shared folders from this PC. I got a message The remote device or resource won't accept the connection Detected...
  8. Unable to view shared files on network

Unable to view shared files on network: I have a Lenovo PC with pre-installed Windows 10 OS. Today morning onwards the network is not getting accessible with this system. I can access other systems shared folders from this PC but can't access the shared folders of this Lenovo PC. Also internet is working fine in...
  9. Unable to share files over Network

Unable to share files over Network: Unable to share files over Network I'm wondering if the requirement to log in is what's preventing me sharing on my network - on which 4 other laptops running Windows 10 are all happily communicating with the same sharing permissions as I've set up on this one. When I try...
  10. Cannot see my shared pc on network

Cannot see my shared pc on network: Hello, i have a pc running windows 10 Home and i chose a name for this pc and entered the network workgroup name and restarted the pc... Now i have about 8-9 pcs running on windows 7 in this network...i can see all the networked pcs on my windows 10 pc but on other computers...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to see my own files when selecting my laptop name in network