Windows 10: Unable to select different backgrounds for each monitor

Discus and support Unable to select different backgrounds for each monitor in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My monitors are different resolutions and after the update, windows no longer has the right click option of "set to monitor 1/2/etc". Any idea on how... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/wawawanny, Feb 11, 2021.

1. Unable to select different backgrounds for each monitor

My monitors are different resolutions and after the update, windows no longer has the right click option of "set to monitor 1/2/etc". Any idea on how to fix this?

submitted by /u/wawawanny
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/wawawanny, Feb 11, 2021
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Different Backgrounds on each monitor

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand that you are unable to set different wallpapers on each monitors.

We would suggest you to refer the steps mentioned below and see if that helps.

Method 1: Identify Displays.

Try using the Identify option to identify the displays and then check if you can set different background. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + I, to open
      Settings
    2. Click on System, and select
      Display
      on the left pane.
    3. Now, under Rearrange your displays, click on
      Identify to identify the displays.

Refer screenshot below:

Unable to select different backgrounds for each monitor 8f709fba-58a5-4927-8b85-7b2e6d47a4a3?upload=true.png

Once the displays are identified as Monitor 1 and Monitor 2, try setting the background.

Method 2: Duplicating Displays

One other thing we can try is to set the displays to Duplicate first and then Extend them.

To Duplicate the Displays, press Windows key + P, and select
    Duplicate. Follow the same steps and select Extend.

After Extending the displays, check if we get the option to set different backgrounds.

Method 3: Reinstall Display Drivers.

If Method 1 and 2 didn’t help, we can try uninstalling and reinstalling the Display Drivers. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + X, and select
      Device Manager.
    2. Expand Display adapters.
    3. Now, right click on the Display
      device
      and select Uninstall Device.
    4. Once the device is uninstalled, click on Actions and select
      Scan for hardware changes.
    5. Restart the computer.

Let us know the results.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Feb 11, 2021
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Setting different Backgrounds for Dual Monitors in Windows 10

Hi All,
    If you have a dual monitors and want to set a different background for each. You don't need third party program to set them. Here's an easy way:
    1. Copy the background images to: C:\Windows\Web\Wallpaper\Windows

Unable to select different backgrounds for each monitor [​IMG]

2. Use CTRL key for multiple selection to select both backgrounds.
    3. Right click on one background->Set as desktop background

You should have a separate background for each monitor.

The background images will be stored under:
    %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Themes
    as:
    Transcoded_000 and Transcoded_001 without extension

If you want to swap the images, just rename 0 to 1, 1 to 0. Sign out and sign back in or
    right click on desktop and select: Next desktop background

Here's an example:

topgundcp, Feb 11, 2021
  4. ipooloo Win User

Unable to select different backgrounds for each monitor

Setting different Backgrounds for Dual Monitors in Windows 10

Works perfectly thank you!

ipooloo, Feb 11, 2021
Thema:

Unable to select different backgrounds for each monitor

1. Unable to select different backgrounds for each monitor - Similar Threads - Unable select different

2. Two different background pictures, one for each monitor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Two different background pictures, one for each monitor: I woke up this morning and i realised I'm not able to set up two different background images, as I said in the title. The "Set for monitor 1" and "Set for monitor 2" buttons just dissapeared and now it only shows "Set as background image" as a whole, both monitors now must...
  3. Different images as backgrounds on different Monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Different images as backgrounds on different Monitors: I am currently unable to set different images as backgrounds on my different monitors. This is what I see when I try to do so:I have tried using methods I found in other threads to fix this problem. I have tried switching to duplicate display and back to extend as well as...
  4. Different images as backgrounds on different Monitors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Different images as backgrounds on different Monitors: I am currently unable to set different images as backgrounds on my different monitors. This is what I see when I try to do so:I have tried using methods I found in other threads to fix this problem. I have tried switching to duplicate display and back to extend as well as...
  5. Different images as backgrounds on different Monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Different Backgrounds For My Monitors

Different Backgrounds For My Monitors: So I have two monitors, one being set up vertically and the other (my main monitor) is horizontal. I was wondering if there was a way to have my main monitor be set to shuffle for my backgrounds and the secondary monitor be a set/static background. I don't know if I am just...
  7. Different Slideshow wallpaper for each monitor?

Different Slideshow wallpaper for each monitor?: Looking for a program that would allow me to have a sperate slideshow wallpaper for each of my monitors. submitted by /u/32_bit_link [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lhkjto/different_slideshow_wallpaper_for_each_monitor/
  8. Different desktop background slideshow for each monitor?

Different desktop background slideshow for each monitor?: I'm looking for a way to have a different desktop background slideshow for each monitor. Each of my monitors has a different aspect ratio (one is 4x3, one is 16x9) and I want each picture to fit nicely. I have two folders of photos with the right aspect ratio for each...
  9. Different Backgrounds on each monitor

Different Backgrounds on each monitor: I am trying to set a different wallpaper on each monitor. However, when I right click the image to set the monitor seeing "Set for monitor 2" twice. I have two of the same model number monitors. They are ONN Monitors. Does anyone know why I am not seeing a "Set for monitor...
  10. How to display different slideshow wallpapers (backgrounds) on each monitor

How to display different slideshow wallpapers (backgrounds) on each monitor: Previously, I could set the background to "Slideshow," choose an album folder, and see a different image from the folder on each screen. The pictures on each screen would then change to something else according to the "Change picture every" timeframe. Now, with these same...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why set as desktop background and not choose for monitor 1 or 2 windows 10

2. www.windowsphoneinfo.com

3. unable to select display 2 background

4. unable to set different backgrounds 2 monitor,
  5. cannot change multi display background windows 10,
  6. i cant change wallpaper multi screen,
  7. cant change wallpaper on specific monitor