Windows 10: Unable to select DirectX option in games.

Discus and support Unable to select DirectX option in games. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, i wanted to switch from OpenGL to DirectX in games, So i installed DirectX 12 which i finded from Dxdiag. so now when i go to my game settings, i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ajayAJAY4, Sep 19, 2020.

1. ajayAJAY4 Win User

Unable to select DirectX option in games.

Hi,

i wanted to switch from OpenGL to DirectX in games, So i installed DirectX 12 which i finded from Dxdiag.

so now when i go to my game settings, i can't select the DirectX option.

Please help me fix this.

I'm using windows 10 Pro

RAM - 4GB

Image: https://prnt.sc/ukcpmd

:)

ajayAJAY4, Sep 19, 2020

2. unable to play some games with directx 12

Hi,

I will certainly help you with the issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• What happens when you try to play the games with the DirectX 12? Do you get any error message/code? If yes, then provide us the complete error message/code.
    If you are unable to play games which doesn't support DirectX 12 then, you can manually download the supportable DirectX for the games.

I suggest you to refer to the below article on How to install the latest version of DirectX.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/179113

Some games comes with the supported DirectX application embedded within the game's application, so that you can install it manually from the game.

You can also try to open the games in the compatibility mode.

• Right-click on the setup file of the game and click on ‘properties’.

• Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8/8.1 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed.

• Once this is done, Restart the computer.
    Please get back to us with an update. We will be glad to help.

Thank you.

Punith_Kumar, Sep 19, 2020
  3. Directx 8.1/9 games not working on Windows 10

Hi,

DirectX 12 is the latest DirectX version and it is already built-in to Windows 10. If you are trying to play older games on Windows 10, you have to make sure that your compatibility settings are set up properly.

You can go to this
    link
    and change your computer's compatibility settings to make older programs compatible with Windows 10.

Make sure that you install all the critical and important updates on your computer. Check for new updates by following the steps below:

• Select the Start button, then select Settings > Update & security > Windows Update . If you want to check for updates manually,
      select Check for updates.
    • Select Advanced options, and then under Choose how updates are installed, select Automatic (recommended).

Keep us updated with the results after performing the suggested solutions above.

Loraine Mon, Sep 19, 2020
  4. Unable to select DirectX option in games.

Directx not working with games

Hi Trey,

There is a possibility that the components of DirectX within the game you're trying to play is damaged. For us to provide an accurate solution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build, version and edition of Windows is installed on your computer?
    • Are you experiencing the same issue when you are trying to play all of the installed games on your computer, or is the issue isolated with specific games?
    • Are you experiencing the same issue even when you are using other user profiles?

In the meantime, we suggest uninstalling and reinstalling the games that are experiencing an issue with DirectX. Doing so can repair its components. Let us know if the same issue persists.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Sep 19, 2020
Thema:

Unable to select DirectX option in games.

1. Unable to select DirectX option in games. - Similar Threads - Unable select DirectX

2. Can't run a DirectX 11 Game on DirectX 12

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't run a DirectX 11 Game on DirectX 12: Hi, I tried to play a game called Lego Marvel Superheros 2, but when I ran the game it said "Fatal Error, Your machine is unable to run the game. It requires a graphics card which supports DirectX 11"I checked what DirectX version I had, and it said I had DirectX 11, How do I...
  3. DirectX And Video Games

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DirectX And Video Games: So I’m having problems with my directX communication with my games. I’ve got the latest updates on all ends. Ryzen 9 5950 16 core. My gpu 3080 nvidia up to date. Windows is up to date. And all my games are up to date. However all of them are crashing in relation to bad...
  4. cant select directX renderer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    cant select directX renderer: image: https://prnt.sc/ukvaom I installed DirectX too... still it shows the same : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-select-directx-renderer/6b34d99b-cbd9-4dba-b9d0-698f5e7384e8
  5. directX runtime Optional Components

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    directX runtime Optional Components: [ATTACH] I wanted to install the Directx End-User Runtime. Then suddenly this Error Appeared. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/directx-runtime-optional-components/550da83d-81fa-4797-bb15-a1227eaa60cc
  6. DirectX game issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DirectX game issues: Hi, whenever I run GTA V it crashes after a while due to issues with my DirectX software. I have tried many solutions and have not found a working solution. My DirectX software is DirectX 12 and my graphics card is a Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti...
  7. unable to open directx

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    unable to open directx: Trying to get rid of localbridge error message https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-open-directx/b45d6e64-45c8-4259-92f7-2f4e54e59960
  8. DirectX 12 comes to select Windows 7 games

in Windows 10 News
    DirectX 12 comes to select Windows 7 games: Microsoft revealed on the official DirectX blog that Blizzard's World of Warcraft game is the first game to support DirectX 12 on Windows 7. DirectX, a set of multimedia APIs used especially in PC games, is included natively in Windows. Microsoft releases new versions of...
  9. Unable to install DirectX

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to install DirectX: Recently I have purchased a new laptop to play games. I have to run the DXsetup program for some games that I usually play. But I cannot install it because of the message that the installation failed due to an internal system error....
  10. Unable to select / type in Personalize options

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to select / type in Personalize options: I am supporting one user who can access the personalize section (right click on desktop / personalize) but is unable to type anything into the search box or click on any of the sub sections under personalization. They can access other control panel type items and make...