Windows 10: Unable to select drive under Storage and GamePass

Discus and support Unable to select drive under Storage and GamePass in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Unusual one! I have a 4TB internal HDD which is working and used by all my apps apart from Xbox GamePass (on PC). It doesn't show up as an option to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by TheSmith1977, Oct 16, 2019.

1. Unable to select drive under Storage and GamePass

Unusual one! I have a 4TB internal HDD which is working and used by all my apps apart from Xbox GamePass (on PC). It doesn't show up as an option to install to. I have tried to change this under System>Storage>Change where Apps are installed but it's not showing up there either! It's really irritating as this is the biggest drive I have and perfect to download a lot of games onto! Has anyone encountered this before? I have been Googling for a couple of days now. I've stumped a Microsoft Adviser with this to the point where she was Googling the same stuff I had been!

:)

TheSmith1977, Oct 16, 2019

2. Can't Free Up Storage OnHP Stream 11 Running Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are unable to delete the temporary files and free up the storage space on Windows 10 Operating System, try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft article about:
    Free up drive space in Windows 10

Step 2: I suggest you to check the storage capacity of each of the drives in
    Windows Explorer.

• Press Windows key, type This PC, select it.
    • Right click on each of the drives and click on Properties.
    • Also, you can perform Disk Cleanup from the
      Step 2
      as well.
    • Select the files to be delete on each of the drives.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 16, 2019
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Windows 10 Home will not boot or restart with USB Storage Spaces pool drives attached

Hi George,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• Did you make any changes in BIOS?

• Are you getting any error message?
    I suggest you to update Storage controller drivers and check if it helps.

Steps 1:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Select Device manager.

• Expand Storage controller.

• Right click on the driver and Update the drivers.

Steps 2: Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue
    is with device. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Oct 16, 2019
  4. Unable to select drive under Storage and GamePass

Storage Problem

Hi,

It's possible that the 346GB of space that you're seeing under the Apps & games window refers to the available space of the selected drive and not the actual usage. To confirm this information, we suggest that you check the total
    usage through the Storage usage screen instead. To do this, follow the steps below:

• Click the Start menu or Windows icon.
    • Select the gear icon or Settings.
    • Select System > Storage.
    • Under Choose a drive to see what's taking up space, select
      This PC (Drive letter)
    • Under Apps & games, check if the space usage exceeds the estimate 140GB of space.

Let us know should you need further assistance.

Darwin Dim, Oct 16, 2019
Thema:

Unable to select drive under Storage and GamePass

1. Unable to select drive under Storage and GamePass - Similar Threads - Unable select drive

2. Unable to select correct drive to index

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to select correct drive to index: My Windows 10 system has two drives. The C: drive is an SSD that was cloned from the HD which is now D:. Both drives are operating correctly except when it comes to indexing. When I access the Indexing Options control panel, and 'Modify' I am given a list to 'Change selected...
  3. Unable to select correct drive to index

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to select correct drive to index: My Windows 10 system has two drives. The C: drive is an SSD that was cloned from the HD which is now D:. Both drives are operating correctly except when it comes to indexing. When I access the Indexing Options control panel, and 'Modify' I am given a list to 'Change selected...
  4. Unable to select correct drive to index

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Unable to install gamepass games onto D drive.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unable to install gamepass games onto D drive.: Having an issue were i am unable to install onto my D drive through XBOX App and Microsoft Store, Issue only happens when trying to download Gamepass related games, Microsoft store only asks me where to install on non Gamepass. Have done all troubleshooting otherwise found on...
  6. Unable to install gamepass games onto D drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to install gamepass games onto D drive.: Having an issue were i am unable to install onto my D drive through XBOX App and Microsoft Store, Issue only happens when trying to download Gamepass related games, Microsoft store only asks me where to install on non Gamepass. Have done all troubleshooting otherwise found on...
  7. Unable to install gamepass games onto D drive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. External hard drive being recognized under 'disk drives' but not under 'storage controllers'I

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External hard drive being recognized under 'disk drives' but not under 'storage controllers'I: Hi, I'm using Boot Camp right now on a mac, and I don't have enough space to use the internal drive for downloads so I'm trying to use the external drives. I have a Toshiba USB 3.0 2 TB external drive, and while the system seems to recognize that I have a USB 3.0 plugged in,...
  9. Gamepass pc storage 0x80070005

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Gamepass pc storage 0x80070005: Why can't I install the game on disk D Screen shot included [ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gamepass-pc-storage-0x80070005/20dbac92-adae-4595-858b-d61160376a67"
  10. Disk spaces for select drives are not displayed under this pc (tiles)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disk spaces for select drives are not displayed under this pc (tiles): Disk spaces are not properly displayed under my computer/this pc. Disk spaces for 2/5 drives are not properly displayed under view: tiles. [img] Under view: details. Disk spaces are displayed for all 5 drives. [img] Windows 10 Professional. Version: 1709 OS...