Windows 10: Unable to select Excel files in File Manager without them automatically opening

Discus and support Unable to select Excel files in File Manager without them automatically opening in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I am moving, copying, renaming files in File Explorer, which is set to "double-click to open", I have no difficulties, except with Excel files.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Jane in Toronto, Nov 17, 2019.

1. Unable to select Excel files in File Manager without them automatically opening

When I am moving, copying, renaming files in File Explorer, which is set to "double-click to open", I have no difficulties, except with Excel files. Even hovering over the name, let alone a single-click will make them open. How do I stop this? I don't know if the same thing happens with Word files. I have none. But I do not have this problem with other MS app files, e.g., from Paint, Wordpad, Notepad.

:)

Jane in Toronto, Nov 17, 2019
  2. dalchina Win User

CSV files used to open in Excel....not now!

Hi, you say Excel is installed. Does it run normally?

You can't find Excel in (an unspecified) list of applications. I don't know which list that is for sure.

For example, in the list related to:
    - rt click a file. Open With
    - this list:

Unable to select Excel files in File Manager without them automatically opening [​IMG]

- this list:

Unable to select Excel files in File Manager without them automatically opening [​IMG]

- some other list...

If Excel does not appear in the above, I suggest you repair your office installation.

Maybe the above gives you some ideas. Otherwise please post a screenshot of where you think you should see it but don't. Thanks.

dalchina, Nov 17, 2019
  3. Ketxxx Win User
    opening .dds files with gimp

Simply, HOW? I got the DDS plugin but the POS wont open DDS files still. Can someone give me a step-by-step rundown of how to install the DDS plugin for gimp so I know if I'm missing something?

Ketxxx, Nov 17, 2019
  4. Unable to select Excel files in File Manager without them automatically opening

Unable to open a password protected Excel file

Misses sheena ,

thanks for your feedback but you dont know anything about the excel formats that they can be used in the mobile phones or not .....

but the fact is that we can read (only ) any excel file .

now my question is that i am having a EXCEL FILE which is password protected and i know the password also but i am unable to use open it in my excel file ... please suggest me some tricks so that i can open it in my laptop ..

thanks

regards

Tushant Rajpal, Nov 17, 2019
Thema:

Unable to select Excel files in File Manager without them automatically opening

1. Unable to select Excel files in File Manager without them automatically opening - Similar Threads - Unable select Excel

2. unable to open word and excel files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    unable to open word and excel files: Dear Sir/Madam,unable to open word and excel files* Changed to a question https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-open-word-and-excel-files/583290d7-8970-4d83-a601-b647866f59db
  3. unable to open word and excel files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to open word and excel files: Dear Sir/Madam,unable to open word and excel files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-open-word-and-excel-files/583290d7-8970-4d83-a601-b647866f59db
  4. unable to open word and excel files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unable to open word and excel files: Dear Sir/Madam,unable to open word and excel files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-open-word-and-excel-files/583290d7-8970-4d83-a601-b647866f59db
  5. unable to open word and excel files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Unable to open excel file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to open excel file: Excel file is on Taskbar but doe not open or restore. I have scanned there is no malaware I have also done sfc scan, there are no corruptions. Have also repaired. Still am unable to open/ restore the file...
  7. Unable to open excel file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to open excel file: Excel file is on Taskbar but doe not open or restore. I have scanned there is no malaware I have also done sfc scan, there are no corruptions. Have also repaired. Still am unable to open/ restore the file...
  8. Temp files are created automatically while working on excel file or saving them in the...

Temp files are created automatically while working on excel file or saving them in the...: This type of files are appear while working in excel files or saving them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/temp-files-are-created-automatically-while-working/02d0d0e0-a120-4336-a614-9ffe687f9fd5
  9. How to automatically open an excel file on startup?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to automatically open an excel file on startup?: I have been trying to find this on the internet, but my search criteria are probably not specific enough. Can someone please explain how to do this? Thank you. submitted by /u/KittyPitty [link] [comments]...
  10. Unable to open Excel file

Unable to open Excel file: Win 10 Home, Msft. Edge. Office 2019. Attempt to open a saved file I use weekly, receive message, Access Denied, contact administrator. This is my home computer and have no administrator. How do I fix this? Thank You....