Windows 10: Unable to select Font dropdown in Annotations in Camtasia for one user

Discus and support Unable to select Font dropdown in Annotations in Camtasia for one user in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am unable to select the font dropdown in Camtasia 2019 or 2020 with my primary account on my new Dell XPS laptop. If I add a new annotation or try to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by KelleyConrad, Jun 23, 2020.

1. Unable to select Font dropdown in Annotations in Camtasia for one user

I am unable to select the font dropdown in Camtasia 2019 or 2020 with my primary account on my new Dell XPS laptop. If I add a new annotation or try to change an existing one by opening the font dropdown, the dropdown does not open and Camtasia crashes. I'm running Windows 10 and everything is up-to-date. I created a new user and that user account can select the font dropdown. I would prefer to keep my current user account since I have set everything else up there and have been working for a couple of weeks. It would take a lot of effort to get everything working under the new user account and I'm concerned it would happen again.

Techsmith has said it's a Windows/PC problem. Dell support said it's likely a Windows settings issue.

Specs:

Windows 10 Pro

Version 1909

OS build 18363.900

Processor: Intel Core i9-9980HK CPU 2.40 GHz

RAM: 32 GB

I have uninstalled and reinstalled in various sequences, running one at a time, etc. with no luck.

Any suggestions?

:)

KelleyConrad, Jun 23, 2020
  2. DKeulen Win User

IE11 select css font.

Hi,

For some reason i am experienceing a IE11 only issues with css fonts.

Now, webfont or systemfont or browser default fonts, it does not matter, the issue is:

I have a select/dropdown list with several options to choose from.

Now when i select an option from the list, and rappidly select a different one (and/or keep doing this for a bit), randomly the font changes/unloads/falls back to a different font instead of the appointed font.

See the images for example:

Normal:

Unable to select Font dropdown in Annotations in Camtasia for one user 3f1139d6-b2b2-4f3b-a38c-ee2f7d2aeddf?upload=true.png

same list, bugged(?) font:

Unable to select Font dropdown in Annotations in Camtasia for one user 8709c151-95e9-44c4-b9a3-a248d615b0d9?upload=true.png

Same list, partially bugged(?) font:

Unable to select Font dropdown in Annotations in Camtasia for one user 08ebc0ae-3b8a-4c64-bee5-edadff378ac4?upload=true.png

(this sometimes happens, you can go over a option, and the font switches at that moment)

Now i know this is because of something with our website, because a stand alone test with a select dropdown list, with local, system, web, browser fonts does not repreduce the issue. So with that i am saying is that i have no idea why IE11 has this issue
    and the other browsers dont (with our website).

Something in IE11 is different that has issues or creates issues with the select element dropdown and its font (when choosing options rapidly).

Any ideas?

DKeulen, Jun 23, 2020
  3. Unable to change the fonts

Hi Theresa,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand that the fonts settings do not retain after you set the them to your desired font type. In this case, I would suggest you to try the following methods and check if the issue persists.

Method 1:

Restore default font settings and then set to your desired font type.

a) Click Start button and search "fonts".

b) Click on Fonts.

c) In the fonts window, click on Fonts settings.

d) Click on Restore default font settings.

Reboot the system and then change the font type and check if the issue persists.

If the issue still exists, try the next method.

Method 2:

Try to run a System File Checker (SFC) scan to check for any file corruption.
    SFC scan will scan for corrupt system files on the computer and repair them.

• Press Windows key + X, click Command Prompt (Admin).
    • In the Command Prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:

sfc /scannow

If the issue still exists, try the next method.

Method 3:

You may check the same issue with the new user account.

Try these steps to create a new user account and check if it fixes the issue. Refer to the steps below to create a new User Account:

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Accounts and then select Other User Accounts towards the left.
    • Select Add an Account.
    • Enter a user name and hit Next.
    • Click on Finish.
    • Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    • Check if issue persists.

Hope this information is helpful. Do let us know if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Harkanwar Singh, Jun 23, 2020
  4. NeoSOS Win User

Unable to select Font dropdown in Annotations in Camtasia for one user

Fonts

Hello,

I found these steps in this forum from back in 2010:

Step 1:

I would suggest you to try these steps and check whether it helps in fixing your issue.

Open font settings by clicking on start, click on control panel, and then click on appearance and personalization, under fonts click on change font settings. And select the font size.

Step 2:

If you’re trying to change windows font size then please follow the steps below:

To change Windows fonts

1. Open Appearance Settings by clicking the Start button and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type window color, and then click Change window colors and
    metrics

2. In the Item list, click the part of Windows that you want to change the font for. For example, if you want to change the menu font, click Menu in the list. Then, make any of the following changes:

· In the Font list, click the font that you want to use.

· In the Size list, click the font size that you want.

· In the Color list, click the font color that you want.

3. Repeat these steps for each item that you want to make changes to, and then click OK.

Does that help?

NeoSOS, Jun 23, 2020
Thema:

Unable to select Font dropdown in Annotations in Camtasia for one user

1. Unable to select Font dropdown in Annotations in Camtasia for one user - Similar Threads - Unable select Font

2. Unable to do multiple selection from dropdown list using Microsft Edge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to do multiple selection from dropdown list using Microsft Edge: Hi,I encountered an issue which my user is unable to do multiple selection from a dropdown list using Microsoft Edge. The laptop is a company laptop.User is able to do it from her home laptop but not in our company laptop.May I know is there a setting or registry or policy...
  3. Unable to do multiple selection from dropdown list using Microsft Edge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to do multiple selection from dropdown list using Microsft Edge: Hi,I encountered an issue which my user is unable to do multiple selection from a dropdown list using Microsoft Edge. The laptop is a company laptop.User is able to do it from her home laptop but not in our company laptop.May I know is there a setting or registry or policy...
  4. Annotating a screenshot?

Annotating a screenshot?: Win Shift S saves a screenshot that I can paste. Previously the system displayed the screenshot output and I could highlight words etc before pasting/sending elsewhere but not anymore? How can I get this back please?...
  5. Hiding fonts from application dropdown

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hiding fonts from application dropdown: Is there a way I can hide fonts from appearing in the drop down list of my programs? There are a lot of fonts that cannot be deleted, and I'd love to bring my font list down to the dozen or so fonts I actually use instead of a bunch of symbol fonts which I will never use....
  6. file name selection dropdown

in Cortana
    file name selection dropdown: i know this isnt hyper specific but im having trouble with a file selection related issue its hard to put into words but its something like this i would be on discord uploading a file i would type in this box the first couple letters of a file name and it would pop up with...
  7. Camtasia

Camtasia: So whenever I open up Camtasia, it asks to sign in so i sign in and then after I do my password it says this site cant be reaches there is some sort of problem and I really need this to work due to my youtube channel...
  8. Windows 10 Start Menu Dropdown Selections

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Start Menu Dropdown Selections: In the version of Win10 I used for the past year I could right click in a Word Doc pinned to the start menu icon and click Print. That PC died in January after 6+ years. I have an HP Omen 1 week old. Office H&B was pre-installed. Now there are fewer selections in the...
  9. Dropdown Box Font Color

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dropdown Box Font Color: Since the last cumulative update, December 7th, 2018, I've had a problem with the font in the dropdown box displaying white on a white background. This happens when changing the color scheme in personalization. [personalization>colors>choose your default app mode>dark] When...
  10. Annotation software

Annotation software: [img] This software (see attachment) which has the marquee in the form of a 3D tube, is what I am looking for, so far unsuccessfully. It is used by posters on tenforums. What is its name please? 61636