Windows 10: unable to select suggested character for traditional character

Discus and support unable to select suggested character for traditional character in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I on Windows 10 in Taiwan and want to use hanyu pinyin input for traditional characters I can't read zhuyin. The problem is when I type in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BrandonWyh, Jan 22, 2021.

1. unable to select suggested character for traditional character

Hello,

I on Windows 10 in Taiwan and want to use hanyu pinyin input for traditional characters I can't read zhuyin. The problem is when I type in pinyin, the suggested characters that usually appear underneath are not showing. Instead, it just enters the most frequent option for each character I type.

For example, "nihao ma" appears as , which makes writing anything extremely time consuming.

A I have also encountered a similar problem on Windows 7 and have been unable to resolve it. So solutions for either platform would be much appreciated.

:)

BrandonWyh, Jan 22, 2021
  2. tracy2016 Win User

Where can I get the candidate characters while typing in traditional characters?

I am trying to type in Traditional Chinese, but the candidate list does not show at all!

It is impossible to type two keys as you suggested. Is there any way I could type in traditional characters as I do in simplified characters?

Can you help me solve this problem? Many thanks.

tracy2016, Jan 22, 2021
  3. Chinese character suggestions not appearing for Traditional Hanyu Pinyin input

Hello,

I on Windows 10 in Taiwan and want to use hanyu pinyin input for traditional characters (I can't read zhuyin). The problem is when I type in pinyin, the suggested characters that usually appear underneath are not showing. Instead, it just enters the most
    frequent option for each character I type.

For example, "nihao ma" appears as 妮號碼, which makes writing anything extremely time consuming.

A I have also encountered a similar problem on Windows 7 and have been unable to resolve it. So solutions for either platform would be much appreciated.

Cheers

SebastianMorgan, Jan 22, 2021
  4. Joyce Du Win User

unable to select suggested character for traditional character

Use MS pinyin with traditional Chinese characters used in Taiwan

I wonder if there's any possibility to type Chinese (Traditional, Taiwan) in MS pinyin.

I now type in traditional (Taiwan) characters by changing the setting in simplified Chinese (China) keyboard into traditional characters, but there are a lot of differences in characters we use in Taiwan. The self-learning function also doesn't work with
    the traditional character setting.

Joyce Du, Jan 22, 2021
Thema:

unable to select suggested character for traditional character

1. unable to select suggested character for traditional character - Similar Threads - unable select suggested

2. Got Japanese Kanji on Pinyin Keyboard Traditional Character Set

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Got Japanese Kanji on Pinyin Keyboard Traditional Character Set: I just start learning Traditional Chinese but my keyboard doesn't have Zhuyin, so I decided to go with Pinyin and set the Character set to Traditional instead. But after using it for a while, I started getting Japanese Kanji instead of traditional character. Is this normal? I...
  3. Got Japanese Kanji on Pinyin Keyboard Traditional Character Set

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Got Japanese Kanji on Pinyin Keyboard Traditional Character Set: I just start learning Traditional Chinese but my keyboard doesn't have Zhuyin, so I decided to go with Pinyin and set the Character set to Traditional instead. But after using it for a while, I started getting Japanese Kanji instead of traditional character. Is this normal? I...
  4. Apex legends crashing on character selection screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Apex legends crashing on character selection screen: Hello,I have been having crashes on my computer while trying to play apex legends since I upgraded to win11. I downgraded to win 10, but the problem persist. This is the file dump. I don't understand what the issue could be.My systemOmen X 17Intel i7 - 7820HKNvidia GTX...
  5. Apex legends crashing on character selection screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apex legends crashing on character selection screen: Hello,I have been having crashes on my computer while trying to play apex legends since I upgraded to win11. I downgraded to win 10, but the problem persist. This is the file dump. I don't understand what the issue could be.My systemOmen X 17Intel i7 - 7820HKNvidia GTX...
  6. Apex legends crashing on character selection screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Japanese IME, characters selection not available

in Windows 10 Customization
    Japanese IME, characters selection not available: Hello, Using Windows 10 Pro, version 1909, IME for Japanese doesn't show the "characters selection" for Hiragana, Katakana, Romaji... [ATTACH] The result of that is that I can't use Japanese on that computer. Why is that? I have already desinstalled, reinstalled... no...
  8. Use MS pinyin with traditional Chinese characters used in Taiwan

Use MS pinyin with traditional Chinese characters used in Taiwan: I wonder if there's any possibility to type Chinese Traditional, Taiwan in MS pinyin. I now type in traditional Taiwan characters by changing the setting in simplified Chinese China keyboard into traditional characters, but there are a lot of differences in characters we use...
  9. Chinese character suggestions not appearing for Traditional Hanyu Pinyin input

Chinese character suggestions not appearing for Traditional Hanyu Pinyin input: Hello, I on Windows 10 in Taiwan and want to use hanyu pinyin input for traditional characters (I can't read zhuyin). The problem is when I type in pinyin, the suggested characters that usually appear underneath are not showing. Instead, it just enters the most frequent...
  10. Chinese character suggestions not appearing for Traditional Hanyu Pinyin input

Chinese character suggestions not appearing for Traditional Hanyu Pinyin input: Hello, I on Windows 10 in Taiwan and want to use hanyu pinyin input for traditional characters (I can't read zhuyin). The problem is when I type in pinyin, the suggested characters that usually appear underneath are not showing. Instead, it just enters the most frequent...