Windows 10: unable to select taskbar colour?

Discus and support unable to select taskbar colour? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have previously always have had a custom chosen pinky Rose colour for my taskbar, After shutting down for the night, the next day the task bar was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by bryleena, Oct 17, 2021.

1. bryleena Win User

unable to select taskbar colour?

I have previously always have had a custom chosen pinky Rose colour for my taskbar, After shutting down for the night, the next day the task bar was Black with white icons? I have followed every suggested trial provided by Windows support without any success?No matter what I try it remains Black....and now windows tech support merely says they don't understand what my question is, which is highly frustrating?Please respond if you have any ideas, I would be greatly appreciate a resolution to this issue of several months now!!!

:)

bryleena, Oct 17, 2021
  2. ajs100uk Win User

Unable to change colour of taskbar

My taskbar suddenly changed to grey this morning?? I have tried to change it back to the greeny-blue it was but I am unable to do this, even if I follow the instructions given by Bing/microsoft. I have tried all sorts of display adjustments that I am able
    to change but nothing affects the colour of the taskbar. In fact, the option to apply a colour to the task bar is greyed out (see picture below). You will see the taskbar at the bottom is grey instead of the blue it was and the option to 'show the accent colour
    on the following surfaces' for the taskbar is greyed out. If I click on this box to tick, nothing happens. If I click the second box for the title bar box, it ticks or unticks. I assume that I should be able to do for start/taskbar etc)?? Anyone??:

unable to select taskbar colour? 97483140-068a-41bb-a4db-c1c07495b679?upload=true.jpg

ajs100uk, Oct 17, 2021
  3. Fenestrix Win User
    Independent taskbar and window border colours?

One of the things I find most annoying about Windows 7, being a long-time XP user, is the lack of independent colour settings for the various GUI elements, for example, the taskbar, active window title bar and active window border colours are not separately settable. I see no reason whatsoever why this has to be so - XP offered far, far more flexibility in this respect.

As far as I can see, we still have the same situation with Windows 10. It appears to be impossible to have the taskbar a different colour to the active window title bar and border. It is even impossible to get the taskbar to be a solid colour - it is always transparent. There is not even a Windows 7-like opacity control. A massive step backwards in user personalisation control.

And why doe the window border have to be so thin? I can hardly see it at all.

Fenestrix, Oct 17, 2021
  4. unable to select taskbar colour?

Taskbar Issue with Multiple Monitors

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We understand the inconvenience caused and will assist you.

Please share the information below:

• Are you using a Local Account or a Microsoft Account?
    • What is the make and model of your PC?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Right click on the Taskbar and select Properties.
    • Check if the option for Lock the Taskbar and Auto-hide the taskbar
      are ticked.
    • If they are ticked then uncheck the option for Auto-hide the taskbar.

Also, suggest you to update the Display driver by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 17, 2021
Thema:

unable to select taskbar colour?

1. unable to select taskbar colour? - Similar Threads - unable select taskbar

2. Taskbar colour

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar colour: I'm hoping to get an answer but, My question is, on Windows 10 New Installations the taskbar tends to vary between being black, or white, as if some are in dark mode and others are in light mode.I'm referring to for example, I will use windows media creation tool to create a...
  3. Taskbar colour

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar colour: I'm hoping to get an answer but, My question is, on Windows 10 New Installations the taskbar tends to vary between being black, or white, as if some are in dark mode and others are in light mode.I'm referring to for example, I will use windows media creation tool to create a...
  4. Taskbar colour

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Unable to change the colour of the taskbar on Win 11 22H2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to change the colour of the taskbar on Win 11 22H2: I tried to change the theme and colours, but it doesn't work. The taskbar only flickers. See the photo for more details. And when I try to set a light colour scheme the icons are hidden, they just can't be seen first n' second photo . They are only visible in the dark colour...
  6. Unable to change the colour of the taskbar on Win 11 22H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to change the colour of the taskbar on Win 11 22H2: I tried to change the theme and colours, but it doesn't work. The taskbar only flickers. See the photo for more details. And when I try to set a light colour scheme the icons are hidden, they just can't be seen first n' second photo . They are only visible in the dark colour...
  7. unable to select taskbar colour?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to select taskbar colour?: I have previously always have had a custom chosen pinky Rose colour for my taskbar, After shutting down for the night, the next day the task bar was Black with white icons? I have followed every suggested trial provided by Windows support without any success?No matter what I...
  8. unable to select taskbar colour?

unable to select taskbar colour?: I have previously always have had a custom chosen pinky Rose colour for my taskbar, After shutting down for the night, the next day the task bar was Black with white icons? I have followed every suggested trial provided by Windows support without any success?No matter what I...
  9. Unable to change colour of taskbar

Unable to change colour of taskbar: My taskbar suddenly changed to grey this morning?? I have tried to change it back to the greeny-blue it was but I am unable to do this, even if I follow the instructions given by Bing/microsoft. I have tried all sorts of display adjustments that I am able to change but...
  10. Taskbar colour

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar colour: Since the 1903 update, my taskbar is a light colour. I have been to settings, colour, but the 'start menu, taskbar, action center' box is greyed out. If I change main colour to dark then all folders go dark. I only want a dark taskbar. Any help appreciated. Thank you. 135495