Windows 10: Unable to select: - "Use original boot configuration" in System Configuration

Discus and support Unable to select: - "Use original boot configuration" in System Configuration in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; After installing Windows 10 Version 2004 Build 19041.450 on my HP 15-ba079sa Notebook, whenever I access the System Configuration Manager, I see that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by John Andrew Davis, Aug 22, 2020.

1. Unable to select: - "Use original boot configuration" in System Configuration

After installing Windows 10 Version 2004 Build 19041.450 on my HP 15-ba079sa Notebook, whenever I access the System Configuration Manager, I see that only the Selective startup option is available with no tick in "Use original boot configuration" Box.

But, when I select the "Normal startup" Option, a pop box will appear stating "System Configuration cannot save the original boot configuration for later restoration. Boot changes will be reverted. Some BCD entries were not imported correctly from the BCD store."

However, I cannot find out what is preventing the Notebook from using the "Normal startup Load all device drivers and services" option like it did with the previous Version's of Windows 10 or what is the problem that is causing the BCD error box to appear.

:)

John Andrew Davis, Aug 22, 2020
  2. Solaris17 Win User

is there any demand for a system configurator?

Processor(V) <--drop down arrow
    -AMD(V)
    --Socket(V)
    ---AM2(V)
    ----List of cpu's
    ---939(V)
    ----List of CPU's
    -Intel(V)
    --Socket(V)
    ---775(V)
    ----List of cpu's
    ---771(V)
    ----List of CPU's

etc etc.

Solaris17, Aug 22, 2020
  3. W1zzard Win User
    W1zzard, Aug 22, 2020
  4. Unable to select: - "Use original boot configuration" in System Configuration

Can't boot Windows 10 in Normal Startup, Use original boot configuration not working

Your suggestion did not work under the version of Windows 10 I am using. Trying to upgrade to latest version of windows 10, but it fails to install due to a mismatch in a system configuration not described.

I used "Safe Mode" to scan for viruses and malware but found none. After safe mode I cannot reset the boot so that Windows will revert back to NORMAL mode. Never had this problem before. Followed several suggestions. None worked.

HELP.

Gene Truelove, Software Engineer at *** Email address is removed for privacy *** 919-795-3053/919-552-3180

NanetteTruelove, Aug 22, 2020
Thema:

Unable to select: - "Use original boot configuration" in System Configuration

1. Unable to select: - "Use original boot configuration" in System Configuration - Similar Threads - Unable select original

2. System configuration cannot save the original boot configuration for later restoration....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System configuration cannot save the original boot configuration for later restoration....: I was busy for the last few months and didn't get any time to update my Windows. Now I'm trying to update the windows but it showed me this message "YOUR DEVICE IS MISSING SOME IMPORTANT SECURITY AND QUALITY FIXES". I tried to download the update and it got downloaded but...
  3. System configuration cannot save the original boot configuration for later restoration....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System configuration cannot save the original boot configuration for later restoration....: I was busy for the last few months and didn't get any time to update my Windows. Now I'm trying to update the windows but it showed me this message "YOUR DEVICE IS MISSING SOME IMPORTANT SECURITY AND QUALITY FIXES". I tried to download the update and it got downloaded but...
  4. System configuration cannot save the original boot configuration for later restoration....

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. System Configuration cannot save the original boot configuration

in Windows 10 News
    System Configuration cannot save the original boot configuration: [ATTACH]If you are seeing System Configuration cannot save the original boot configuration for later restoration, Boot Changes will be reverted, The handle is invalid error, then in this guide, we have a few solutions that are sure to help you fix the issue on your Windows 11...
  6. System Configuration cannot save the original boot configuration for later restoration....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Configuration cannot save the original boot configuration for later restoration....: HiTried to enable multi cpu core on boot so I opened msconfig and after I select 10 cores and press ok I get this message:System Configuration cannot save the original boot configuration for later restoration. Boot changes will be reverted. The handle is invalid. How to save...
  7. System Configuration cannot save the original boot configuration for later restoration....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Configuration cannot save the original boot configuration for later restoration....: HiTried to enable multi cpu core on boot so I opened msconfig and after I select 10 cores and press ok I get this message:System Configuration cannot save the original boot configuration for later restoration. Boot changes will be reverted. The handle is invalid. How to save...
  8. System Configuration cannot save the original boot configuration for later restoration....

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. What does the "Use original boot configuration" do?

What does the "Use original boot configuration" do?: Under "General" in System Configuration, It is unticked by default to me.I want to know what it does and if I should enable it or leave it as is.Here is the image....
  10. MSCONFIG "system configuration cannot save the original boot configuration" Error

MSCONFIG "system configuration cannot save the original boot configuration" Error: Hello, I am trying to use MSCONFIG to set the number of cores and maximum amount of ram on my Windows 10 PC. Every time I enter MSCONFIG by; 1) Pressing the Windows Button on my keyboard while holding "r" at the same time 2) Typing "msconfig" into the search bar [ATTACH]...