Windows 10: Unable to select windows version

Discus and support Unable to select windows version in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I recently purchased a new laptop and tried clean installation of windows 10 but it doesn't show any option to choose the version of windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Muhammad Luqman Qureshi, Feb 21, 2021.

1. Unable to select windows version

I recently purchased a new laptop and tried clean installation of windows 10 but it doesn't show any option to choose the version of windows 10

:)

Muhammad Luqman Qureshi, Feb 21, 2021

2. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Feb 21, 2021
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Feb 21, 2021
  4. Al Burc Win User

Unable to select windows version

Unable to update Window 10 Pro version 1607 to version 1709

Have made several attempts to update Windows 10 version 1607 to the latest version 1709 and have not been successful.

I've done the following per some suggestions found online:

• Updated drivers
    • Ran the Trouble Shooter for Windows 10 (Errors found were shown to be "Fixed" per the tool)
    • Unplugged the printer
    • Ran the DISM.exe
    Although not at every attempt, I have received the following errors:

• 0xc1900101 - 0x30018
    • 0x900704c7
    Can someone please advise me as to what the errors are and provide me with the steps to update Windows.

Thank you

Al Burc, Feb 21, 2021
Thema:

Unable to select windows version

1. Unable to select windows version - Similar Threads - Unable select version

2. Unable to select file/ folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to select file/ folder: From today , when ever I select a file or folder , "Do you want to move this file / folder to recycle bin ?" is asked .instead of allowing me to proceed furth* Moved from Community Center...
  3. Unable to select file/ folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to select file/ folder: From today , when ever I select a file or folder , "Do you want to move this file / folder to recycle bin ?" is asked .instead of allowing me to proceed furth* Moved from Community Center...
  4. unable to select taskbar colour?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unable to select taskbar colour?: I have previously always have had a custom chosen pinky Rose colour for my taskbar, After shutting down for the night, the next day the task bar was Black with white icons? I have followed every suggested trial provided by Windows support without any success?No matter what I...
  5. unable to select taskbar colour?

in Windows 10 Customization
    unable to select taskbar colour?: I have previously always have had a custom chosen pinky Rose colour for my taskbar, After shutting down for the night, the next day the task bar was Black with white icons? I have followed every suggested trial provided by Windows support without any success?No matter what I...
  6. Unable to select edition on windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to select edition on windows 10: Unable to select edition of windows 10 during installation.please help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-select-edition-on-windows-10/fa049fe8-d3fe-494c-ad97-9a458b01f786
  7. Unable to select edition on windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unable to select edition on windows 10: Unable to select edition of windows 10 during the installation.please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-select-edition-on-windows-10/d0d2b2da-aeb9-4021-bf79-23e1cf7057d9
  8. Manually select install version?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Manually select install version?: Hello! I created an install USB from a Windows 7 Pro installation on my desktop and I want to install Windows 10 Pro on my laptop (I have a valid Windows 7 Pro key). The only thing is: My laptop came pre-installed with Windows 8.1 Home *Mad. That means the key is in the BIOS...
  9. Unable to Change Startup Selection

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to Change Startup Selection: The system configuration - startup selection is set to selective startup. I didn't so this and I'm unable to change it. When I tick normal startup and reboot it reverts back to selective startup. Any ideas how to change this? James 67757
  10. Unable to see selected buttons

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to see selected buttons: If a dialog box pops up, I can't see which button is the default. All I see are boxes with text in them which don't even look like buttons. This means I have to use my mouse to click the button instead of using the Enter key to select the default button. Win 7 had a 3D...