Windows 10: Unable to send mails from yahoo and google accounts using mail app

Discus and support Unable to send mails from yahoo and google accounts using mail app in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; From last one month I am not able to send mails from yahoo and google accounts using mail app or other applications blue mail, Thunderbird mail... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Rajesh.C, Jul 8, 2021.

1. Rajesh.C Win User

Unable to send mails from yahoo and google accounts using mail app

From last one month I am not able to send mails from yahoo and google accounts using mail app or other applications blue mail, Thunderbird mail clients. The issue are: i Issue is only with sending mails. Mails are received normally in Ymail and Gmail.ii Outlook account is working normally Both sending and getting mailsiii Issue appreared only when using ethernet connection not able to connect server error appear in blue mailiv All accounts work normally when using my mobile data, using wifi connectionTroubleshoot done:i Deleting and reinstalling accounts and apps, resetting pw as I

:)

Rajesh.C, Jul 8, 2021
  2. Bastet Win User

error 0x8007042b when adding a Yahoo Mail account to MS Mail App

Yes, once 2-factor authentication is enabled you should then create the app specific password & enter it instead of the account password.

Bastet, Jul 8, 2021
  3. stevehero Win User
    error 0x8007042b when adding a Yahoo Mail account to MS Mail App

I went this route and added passwords for yahoo mail. I might try this method above to get gmail to buck up! *Tongue

@Bastet, this is probably what you were referring to the whole time.

YAHOO MAIL FIX
    2FA needs to be enabled which it already was and just follow these steps below.

1. In yahoo mails account security, click on manage app passwords.

Unable to send mails from yahoo and google accounts using mail app [​IMG]

2. After selecting other app and entering the new app name in the text box

3. Now, in Windows 10 mail app, add this type of account.

4. In Windows 10 mail app, enter your details and the password generated by step 2.

Fully functional mail app again.

GMAIL FIX

Now similar steps to setting up Gmail. Here I'll only go through the Gmail steps as Windows Mail App setup is the exact same.

Follow this jpeg below, all steps are merged as there's a 5 attachment limit.

- - - Updated - - -

I've edited it to show the solution for Gmail also.

stevehero, Jul 8, 2021
  4. clayto Win User

YAHOO MAIL and email apps

I see from searching there are others who have a problem similar but not the same as mine. For no reason Windows started to report that accounts in the Windows Mail app needed fixing. Google was not affected but Outlook and Yahoo were and many attempts to fix them failed. The procedure to add a 'new' account simply did not work. I was advised to uninstall / reinstall them, which worked for Windows Mail but not for Yahoo, which I have used without bother for years (and is still OK on my Android tablet).. No one has so far been able to advise me what to do.

At first I thought it must be a problem specific to the Mail app, but not now. When I installed a couple of other apps from the Store, I was not surprised when one gave me access to my Yahoo account because it is only (but is still useful) a front end to the online versions of the apps, with which I had been able to access Yahoo from the begining. But the other one, an impressive app called Touch Mail is also unable to add my Yahoo account. Which I presume means the fault lies with Yahoo itself. What I get is a report that, while the account is listed (unlike with Mail) it is 'unable to connect'. Neither Yahoo nor Microsoft's forum or my ISP have as yet provided a solution.

Can someone assist, even if it is only a link to a relevant conversation in this forum?

clayto, Jul 8, 2021
Thema:

1. Unable to send mails from yahoo and google accounts using mail app - Similar Threads - Unable send mails

2. yahoo mail app!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    yahoo mail app!: Hi again, at present for yahoo mail I use a live tile which I created myself, went onto the yahoo login online and then installed has a live tile. Is the yahoo mail app still available and would it be better to use? I see it advertised online but can't find in the store! The...
  3. yahoo mail app!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    yahoo mail app!: Hi again, at present for yahoo mail I use a live tile which I created myself, went onto the yahoo login online and then installed has a live tile. Is the yahoo mail app still available and would it be better to use? I see it advertised online but can't find in the store! The...
  4. yahoo mail app!

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  5. Can't add Yahoo Mail account to Windows Mail app

Can't add Yahoo Mail account to Windows Mail app: I can click on the form to add another account and clicking on Yahoo! I get a window with a Yahoo login form, I put in my user name then click continue and instead of being proposed a password form I get this empty window:What should I do to add my Yahoo email account to...
  6. mail app/yahoo

mail app/yahoo: I am getting a message on the mail app saying my yahoo account data is out of date. When I go to fix it I get a Ox8019019a error code. What do I do to fix this problem. I am on Windows 10. My computer is updated. Thanks....
  7. Cannot send yahoo email in mail app

Cannot send yahoo email in mail app: I am using the MS mail app and the past couple of days I cannot send emails through my yahoo account. My gmail account on the mail app is working just fine. I can send emails from my phone and through the yahoo server. I am receiving emails with no problem. Please help....
  8. Mail App unable to send emails

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mail App unable to send emails: every time I attempt to send an email using the windows 10 mail app I get this email in return We weren't able to send this message, so we've put it in your Drafts folder. Before you try sending it again, you can check to see if the address is correct and that no...
  9. unable to send messages from mail app

unable to send messages from mail app: Hello, I cannot send messages from my mail app with my gmail accounts. I always get following error message: Send error: We weren't able to send this message, so we've put it in your Drafts folder. Before you try sending it again, you can check to see if the address is...
  10. Unable to send mails on Windows mail app

Unable to send mails on Windows mail app: We have a new desktop with W10 and are trying to activate the email app. Have completed all the required inputs and linked with Yahoo (they run BT 's email) who have acknowledged we still cannot download any messages. Display simply says Nothing received yet. We have version...