Windows 10: unable to send messages from mail app

Discus and support unable to send messages from mail app in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I cannot send messages from my mail app with my gmail accounts. I always get following error message: Send error: We weren't able to send... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by OZSTA, Nov 23, 2018.

1. OZSTA Win User

unable to send messages from mail app

Hello,

I cannot send messages from my mail app with my gmail accounts. I always get following error message: Send error:

We weren't able to send this message, so we've put it in your Drafts folder. Before you try sending it again, you can check to see if the address is correct and that no attachments are too large.

However, I am able to send through an old Hotmail account, so what gives ?

:)

OZSTA, Nov 23, 2018
  2. Pavan_N Win User

Unable to send mails from Mail app (held in Outbox)

Hi Barrie,

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• Do you get any error message?
    • Did you make any changes to your computer prior to this issue?

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue. Follow the steps below and check if that helps.

Run the Windows App Troubleshooter

I suggest you to download and run the app troubleshooter from the below link and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

If the issue persists I suggest you to remove and re-add account in Mail app. Refer the section
    Remove an account from the link below.

Remove an account

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/remove-account

Do let us know if you are able to send mails from mail app. Thank you

Pavan_N, Nov 23, 2018
  3. BilOgle Win User
    I cannot send messages from the mail app

I have a new PC; came with windows 10 already installed. the mail app receives messages, but will not allow me to send any. also, I am unable to find a contact list.

BilOgle, Nov 23, 2018
  4. Pavan_N Win User

Unable to send mails from Mail app (held in Outbox)

Hi Barrie,

Thank you for updating.

Do you have stable internet connection?

I suggest you to check the date and time setting in your computer.

Please follow the below steps and check.

• Click on the Date and time at the right bottom corner of your screen.

• Click on Date and time settings and click on
      Change date and time format on right pane.
    Also try to access mail through browser and check if you are able to send and receive mail. Do check if you have seamless internet access.

Do try the steps suggested and check the status of the issue. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Nov 23, 2018
Thema:

1. unable to send messages from mail app - Similar Threads - unable send messages

2. Live Mail unable to send messages

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Live Mail unable to send messages: I have Windows 7 on my desktop and use Windows Live Mail. I receive messages, but recently I have been unable to send messages. I get the following error message: The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'test' Server: 'promail.ptd.net' Windows Live Mail Error ID:...
  3. Live Mail unable to send messages

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Live Mail unable to send messages: I have Windows 7 on my desktop and use Windows Live Mail. I receive messages, but recently I have been unable to send messages. I get the following error message: The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'test' Server: 'promail.ptd.net' Windows Live Mail Error ID:...
  4. Unable to Send Email from Mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Send Email from Mail: This might seem like a dumb question but, I'm trying to send an email using the mail app.When I clicked 'Send' it put the email in the 'Outbox' and I find no way to send it from there.I get no error message... nothing.Any ideas,James...
  5. Unable to Send Email from Mail

Unable to Send Email from Mail: This might seem like a dumb question but, I'm trying to send an email using the mail app.When I clicked 'Send' it put the email in the 'Outbox' and I find no way to send it from there.I get no error message... nothing.Any ideas,James...
  6. Unable to send emails from Mail App, messages are stuck in Outbox, not appearing in Sent...

Unable to send emails from Mail App, messages are stuck in Outbox, not appearing in Sent...: I am posting a tip to overcome the problem which I saw listed on the Windows Forum, but I can't reply to the question as the thread is locked and I want to reach out to people who might need a solution. I will explain the problem I faced and the solution that helped me below....
  7. Unable to send mails from yahoo and google accounts using mail app

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to send mails from yahoo and google accounts using mail app: From last one month I am not able to send mails from yahoo and google accounts using mail app or other applications blue mail, Thunderbird mail clients. The issue are: i Issue is only with sending mails. Mails are received normally in Ymail and Gmail.ii Outlook account is...
  8. Unable to send emails from Windows 10 Mail app

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to send emails from Windows 10 Mail app: My Windows 10 Livemail sends all my outgoing emails to Outbox. Optusnet email is working on internet (webmail) and tests on Windows 10 has provided messages that all settings are correct. Any ideas on what is going wrong here?? ***Original title: Sending emails from...
  9. Mail App unable to send emails

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mail App unable to send emails: every time I attempt to send an email using the windows 10 mail app I get this email in return We weren't able to send this message, so we've put it in your Drafts folder. Before you try sending it again, you can check to see if the address is correct and that no...
  10. Unable to send mails on Windows mail app

Unable to send mails on Windows mail app: We have a new desktop with W10 and are trying to activate the email app. Have completed all the required inputs and linked with Yahoo (they run BT 's email) who have acknowledged we still cannot download any messages. Display simply says Nothing received yet. We have version...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 unable to send message

2. We werent able to send this message so weve put it in your Drafts folder. Before you try sending it again you can check to see if the address is correct and that no attachments are too large

3. we werent able to send this message so weve put it in your drafts folder. before you try sending it again you can check to see if the address is correct and that no attachments are too large.

4. mail unable to send message,
  5. unable to send email from mail app gmail windows10,
  6. yahoo mail error unable to send message language:en,
  7. unable to send message on mail,
  8. error sending email microsoft mail app,
  9. unable to send messages from email,
  10. application and message unable to send,
  11. windows mail app send error cannot send mail,
  12. Windows 10 mail app cannot send mails,
  13. unable to send email in mail app,
  14. icloud mail send error: we weren t able to send this message so we ve put it in your drafts folder. before you try sending it again you can check to see if the address is correct and that no attachments are too large.,
  15. windows mail app we werent able to send this message so weve put it in your drafts folder.