Windows 10: Unable to send receive email in Mail app

Discus and support Unable to send receive email in Mail app in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I updated by system to Windows 10 1803. Now I am unable to send receive email on Mail App. Need help.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by PaulShaw2018, Sep 12, 2018.

1. PaulShaw2018 Win User

Unable to send receive email in Mail app

I updated by system to Windows 10 1803. Now I am unable to send receive email on Mail App.

Need help.

:)

PaulShaw2018, Sep 12, 2018
  2. Slartybart Win User

Windows 10 Mail app can't send emails

Take a look at this page and double check all of your settings.

Send/Receive NFN eMail Remotely and Securely | NFN FAQs

Try using a secure connection

[table][tr][td]Incoming mail (POP3) Unable to send receive email in Mail app [​IMG] This server requires a secure connection (SSL) Change the Incoming mail (POP3) port to 995[/td] [td]Outgoing mail (SMTP) Unable to send receive email in Mail app [​IMG] This server requires a secure connection (SSL) Change the Outgoing mail (SMTP) port to 587[/td] [/tr] [/table]

Unable to send receive email in Mail app [​IMG]

If your eMail client has Requires authentication, select it
    Most servers use Clear text authentication - do not change that unless your provider gave you instructions to set it up.

Slartybart, Sep 12, 2018
  3. Janeane Cru Win User
    Attention required message under email account, cannot send and receive mail from a linked account

Hi Sharon,

You might not been able to send or receive an email due to a misconfigured account settings. For us to isolate the issue, we would like to ask the following questions below:

• Which application or program are you using to access your email?
    • Have you encountered any error message?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

If you are using the Windows 10 Mail app, we suggest that you remove your email account and re-add it.

We will wait for your response.

Janeane Cru, Sep 12, 2018
  4. MicheleTurnitza Win User

unable to receive emails but can send

I am using windows 10 and outlook on my laptop. Up until this past week I had no difficulties with email with this same device for months. Now, I am unable to download incoming mail, but when synched, receive notification that it is up to date although
    I know additional items were received on other devices. I am able to easily send emails. Any suggestions on how to repair? This is frustrating!

MicheleTurnitza, Sep 12, 2018
Thema:

1. Unable to send receive email in Mail app - Similar Threads - Unable send receive

2. Unable to send mails on Windows mail app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to send mails on Windows mail app: We have a new desktop with W10 and are trying to activate the email app. Have completed all the required inputs and linked with Yahoo (they run BT 's email) who have acknowledged we still cannot download any messages. Display simply says Nothing received yet. We have version...
  3. Can Receive But Not Send iCloud email using MS Mail

Can Receive But Not Send iCloud email using MS Mail: Although my icloud email works fine from the icloud app, on Microsoft Mail I can send but not receive email. I have two factor authentication turned on, and have updated MS Mail with a new iCloud generated password, however the problem persists. Would appreciate any help...
  4. Windows "Mail & Calendar" app - Not Syncing, sending, receiving or downloading

Windows "Mail & Calendar" app - Not Syncing, sending, receiving or downloading: Issue: My Mail & Calendar app on Windows 10 is no longer communicating with my Office 365 account. This means that I am unable to: Send emails Receive emails Download old emails Download my calendars Make new calendar entries Interestingly there is still a "folder" in...
  5. Make 'Mail' app default for sending emails and not Outlook

in Browsers and Email
    Make 'Mail' app default for sending emails and not Outlook: I have both the windows 10 mail app and office outlook installed but when emailing a document from within windows file explorer it always tries to send it using Outlook. Is there a way to get it to default to send using the Mail app instead? I have tried setting the...
  6. OUTLOOK 365 does not send or receive emails

in Browsers and Email
    OUTLOOK 365 does not send or receive emails: I installed Win 10 today and everything works so far. Except Outlook 365. I open it and go to send and receive email but I get the following error: :error 0x800cc1a Your server does not support the encryption type you have specified. try changing the encryption method....
  7. Windows 10 Mail app can't send emails

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 Mail app can't send emails: Hi I am on a local ISP (mail.naples.net) that uses POP3 and would like to use the Windows 10 mail client. I can receive emails no problem but am not able to send. It just stays in OUTBOX. The only error message I can find is 'attention required' in the accounts tab when I go...
  8. Unable to send receive emails , synchronizing folder issue.

in Browsers and Email
    Unable to send receive emails , synchronizing folder issue.: I am using Outlook 2013. Suddenly I am no longer able to send receive emails . Each time I start Outlook, it can finish 3/4 of tasks only. Error was Synchronizing subscribed folder OX8OOCCCOE ......cannot connect to Server. Please advise how to solve issue? BTW...
  9. Windows Mail App - Inbox Not Receiving Incoming Email

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Mail App - Inbox Not Receiving Incoming Email: Using the Windows 10 native mail app with my Outlook.com account any email sent to me goes into a folder with my email address. Nothing ever shows up in the "Inbox" folder. Is there a way to change that? 73891
  10. eudora on win10 receives emails but does not send

in Browsers and Email
    eudora on win10 receives emails but does not send: Hi, got new dell computer xps 8900 with win10 preinstalled. I installed eudora to c: a solid state drive with Mbx files on drive D; I can receive emails from my server but can not send--no error messages, just does not send. Can anyone help? 55493

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to send or receive emails with wimdows mail app

2. Unable to send/receive in Mail apps

3. unable to receive email on mail app