Windows 10: Unable to separate front and rear audio streams

Discus and support Unable to separate front and rear audio streams in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Newly build computer with an MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon motherboard. Most up to date versions of Nahimic, Realtek Audio manager and MSI overlay/UI... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by reflansky, Jun 21, 2020.

1. reflansky Win User

Unable to separate front and rear audio streams

Newly build computer with an MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon motherboard. Most up to date versions of Nahimic, Realtek Audio manager and MSI overlay/UI (Realtek driver 6.0.8945.1 & UI version 1.11.217.0) all properly installed. Running Win 10 Pro 1909, build 18363.900.

Praying someone on this forum can help out!! I am trying to simultaneously play audio to my speakers (rear output) and my headset (front output), or at least toggle audio back and forth without having to constantly unplug my headphones if I want to listen to my speakers. With a previous build I could navigate to an options menu in the Realtek audio manager and choose to separate the front and rear audio streams, this allowed me to play headphones OR speakers without having to unplug anything. With this version of Realtek audio manager with the MSI skin that option is ..... missing. Is there a config file I can manipulate, or .ini that manages the audio streams. I have programming experience so manipulating files is not a concern if that's what I need to do.

Thanks!

:)

reflansky, Jun 21, 2020
  2. JosephT71 Win User

Option for "Make front and rear separate audio streams" missing with Realtek HD audio

It is a hardware and/or driver issue.

Some chipsets can do separate streams. Some chipsets cannot.

But even if the chipsets are capable to do separate streams. The motherboard manufacturers have to spend the money on the transistors and resistors that is listed in the reference design.

Even if the motherboard manufacturers spent the money to put in the transistors and resistors, they still have to enable it in their audio driver.

JosephT71, Jun 21, 2020
  3. Joku Vaan Win User
    Option for "Make front and rear separate audio streams" missing with Realtek HD audio

I don't want to keep plugging and unplugging the headphones from the front panel, so I would like to separate the streams as has been possible with earlier Windows and earlier Realtek chipsets. However, MoBo manufacturer doesn't provide control panel and
    relies on Windows downloading one.

The problem is that the loaded "Realtek Audio Console" doesn't have the required option. Should it have it? And if not, how do I get the output streams separated?

AsRock X570 Steel Legend & Ryzen 7 3700X

Windows 10 Home 64bit 1909 / 18363.592

Realtek Audio Console 1.3.185.0

Audio driver 6.0.8750.1

Joku Vaan, Jun 21, 2020
  4. Jonatino Win User

Rear audio ports always show as “Not plugged in”

I've been having this issue with Windows for about a week now which NONE of the back panel/front panel connectors (speakers, microphone) are being recognized by Realtek audio manager. The only audio input/outputs that are showing are the optical.
    Troubling shooting steps I've tried (none worked):

• COMPLETELY uninstall all Realtek drivers/reinstall
    • Tried using windows drivers
    • Reinstall Windows 10
    • Upgraded chipset driver
    • sfc /scannow
    I called EVGA and asked for RMA but then I booted into a Ubuntu OS and all the ports work FINE. It must be a problem with windows 10.
    Can you think of any other troubling shooting step I can try to fix this annoying issue? Thanks!
    Screenshot of playback devices:

Unable to separate front and rear audio streams [​IMG]

Screenshot of Realtek HD Audio Manager:

After looking in Device Manager under Audio inputs and outputs, I don't see any speaker/microphone listings, only the optical crap:

Jonatino, Jun 21, 2020
Thema:

1. Unable to separate front and rear audio streams - Similar Threads - Unable separate front

2. My Speakers aren't listed anywhere. No Audio Front and Rear jacks. What to do?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Speakers aren't listed anywhere. No Audio Front and Rear jacks. What to do?: After switching to a new Motherboard, My Audio jacks stopped working. At first I thought it might've been a faulty motherboard, so I got a replacement same model, but still same issue persists.I have tried:-Checking HD Audio Pin-Reinstalling/Updating Drivers-trying different...
  3. My Speakers aren't listed anywhere. No Audio Front and Rear jacks. What to do?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Speakers aren't listed anywhere. No Audio Front and Rear jacks. What to do?: After switching to a new Motherboard, My Audio jacks stopped working. At first I thought it might've been a faulty motherboard, so I got a replacement same model, but still same issue persists.I have tried:-Checking HD Audio Pin-Reinstalling/Updating Drivers-trying different...
  4. Rear audio jack

Rear audio jack: I was doing stuff on my computer, suddenly there was a loud pop and my sound is gone. I can still see my speakers, the troubleshooter comes back with literally nothing, my drivers are up to date and I restart my computer. The front audio jack does still work....
  5. Front audio port JUST static, rear mostly the same

Front audio port JUST static, rear mostly the same: So i have a MSI b450 A PRO MAX motherboard. I recently have built my own gaming pc, and I need audio and microphone. i can hear perfectly fine, the headset i have has an aux splitter, and i plug the respective ends in, on the front, and my microphone does not work. When i...
  6. Option for "Make front and rear separate audio streams" missing with Realtek HD audio

Option for "Make front and rear separate audio streams" missing with Realtek HD audio: I don't want to keep plugging and unplugging the headphones from the front panel, so I would like to separate the streams as has been possible with earlier Windows and earlier Realtek chipsets. However, MoBo manufacturer doesn't provide control panel and relies on Windows...
  7. Rear and front IO sound not working. (with video content)

Rear and front IO sound not working. (with video content): So my rear and front io dont work properly with speakers plugged in. I already established that the problem first was that i had hdmi sound on. Someone on tomshardware was kind enough of telling me that. Now i turned off my hdmi devices (i hope that i did that correct at...
  8. Front and Rear Audio cannot be used simultaneously !

Front and Rear Audio cannot be used simultaneously !: Hi all, I recently upgraded to Windows 10 from Window 8.1. My desktop has a front audio and mic jack and also a rear audio and mic jack. While watching movies , I connect my rear jack to a large set of speakers and for better voice clarity I plug in earphones onto the front...
  9. 5.1 Speakers-Sound Coming Out Rear And Front?

5.1 Speakers-Sound Coming Out Rear And Front?: My speakers work fine. Not sure how long it's been like it. I have a Creative sound card. But basically, when I test or configure the sound settings the speakers work, but when it comes to the front right speaker, the sound also comes out of the rear right one, too. No idea...
  10. Front camera working but main (rear) camera is not

Front camera working but main (rear) camera is not: I updated to the latest drivers for Intel AVStream Camera on my tablet / laptop. After the update, only the front camera works now. Hope someone can help solve this problem. Thanks, Vic 36840