Windows 10: Unable to set a PIN

Discus and support Unable to set a PIN in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I'm trying to help someone with a Surface Pro running v1909. It's joined to a local AD domain at his office. He's logging in with a domain user account... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by WindowsAdmin, Mar 5, 2020.

1. Unable to set a PIN

I'm trying to help someone with a Surface Pro running v1909. It's joined to a local AD domain at his office. He's logging in with a domain user account but he would like to also setup a PIN. There are no group policies setup to have anything to do with PINs and I'm not even sure that it could be done. Other domain joined computers have a PIN set so I'm sure it's just something with this Surface.

The problem is that when he goes to Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options and clicks on Windows Hello PIN to expand that section, instead of seeing a Change button or I forgot my PIN link, there is a message that says "This option is currently unavailable-click to learn more" and "Sorry, this PIN isn't working for your organization's resources. Tap or click here to fix it."

It doesn't matter what he clicks on, it doesn't help. I've tried deleting the NGC folder and having him reboot but the same messages appear in the Windows Hello PIN section. So far I haven't found anything else to do. I'm hoping someone here can help.

Jonathan

:)

WindowsAdmin, Mar 5, 2020
  2. Romel Ram Win User

Unable to set PIN for log-in

Hi,

There is a possibility that this is due to . To properly isolate your issue, kindly verify the following:

• Did you encounter any error messages?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done to troubleshoot the problem?
    • Which Windows 10 version/build is currently installed on your computer? To check, type
      winver in the search option.

In addition, you can try Jessen P's suggestion on this link
    to see if it will work for your issue.

We're looking forward to your response.

Romel Ram, Mar 5, 2020
  3. Unable to set up PIN

Hi,

There can be many reasons why you are unable to set up a PIN on your device. One of these is due to corrupted system files. For us to properly figure out what's causing this error, we'd like to confirm the following information:

• How and when did the issue start?
    • Have you recently installed any updates?
    • Have you made any relevant changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • Have you tried using another profile to check if the same thing occurs?
    • What steps have you taken so far to resolve the issue?

Your reply is highly appreciated.

Dhavelyn Mer, Mar 5, 2020
  4. GRCP Win User

Unable to set a PIN

Unable to set PIN for log-in

I have tried every suggestion I have found online, but nothing works. When I click to add a pin, nothing happens. This is a new Windows 10 laptop, and from day 1 of set-up, I was unable to set a PIN. I had Windows 10 on another laptop and was able to set
    ta PIN with no problem. The more I use Windows 10, the more discouraged I become.

GRCP, Mar 5, 2020
Thema:

Unable to set a PIN

1. Unable to set a PIN - Similar Threads - Unable set PIN

2. Unable to set up a pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to set up a pin: When reinstalling Windows 10, I mistakenly used my gmail account as my user account instead of my @live.com account. Now whenever i try to set up a pin for windows, it tells me I'm unable to do it and to go to accounts.live.com on the browser. Please help me in getting to...
  3. Unable to set up a pin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to set up a pin: When reinstalling Windows 10, I mistakenly used my gmail account as my user account instead of my @live.com account. Now whenever i try to set up a pin for windows, it tells me I'm unable to do it and to go to accounts.live.com on the browser. Please help me in getting to...
  4. Unable to set up a pin

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. I'm unable to set up pin

I'm unable to set up pin: I used to sign into my computer with a password. My computer just updated and now it's asking me to sign in with a pin. I never created a pin. I click on I forgot my pin and it asked me to sign into the account. After I sign into my account, it ask me if I'm sure if I want to...
  6. I'm unable to set up pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm unable to set up pin: I used to sign into my computer with a password. My computer just updated and now it's asking me to sign in with a pin. I never created a pin. I click on I forgot my pin and it asked me to sign into the account. After I sign into my account, it ask me if I'm sure if I want to...
  7. Unable to set PIN

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to set PIN: Hello,I am unable to set my PIN in my laptop suddenly from today. When try to under settings, it says that the option is currently unavailable. Is it my laptop problem or the Windows problem?...
  8. unable to set a pin on new computer

unable to set a pin on new computer: hi i have just got a new mini computer that i am setting up an acepc i have got as far as the set up pin screen "request set up" and have now had a working "just a moment " screen which ive had for over half an hour i assume it doesnt take this long to get me to a...
  9. Unable to set Convenience PIN

Unable to set Convenience PIN: Hello, I am assisting an end user with setting up a convenience PIN on an AD-joined device, but am having a difficult time being able to enable the option! I am continually getting the message that the option is not available, and "Something went wrong. Try again later."...
  10. Unable to set or change PIN

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unable to set or change PIN: I'm trying to help someone with a Surface Pro running v1909. It's joined to a local AD domain at his office. He's logging in with a domain user account but he would like to also setup a PIN. There are no group policies setup to have anything to do with PINs and I'm not even...