Windows 10: Unable to set background individually on primary display of triple monitor set up

Discus and support Unable to set background individually on primary display of triple monitor set up in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I've been unable to set the background individually for all of my monitors, my current monitor setup is 2L, 1L, 3R. I can set the backgrounds... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SantiagoGuerra2, Dec 1, 2022.

1. Unable to set background individually on primary display of triple monitor set up

I've been unable to set the background individually for all of my monitors, my current monitor setup is 2L, 1L, 3R. I can set the backgrounds individually for monitors 2 and 3, but I can no longer do it for my primary monitor. The monitors are arranged to extend the desktop, and Windows correctly identifies this in the system settings but not the personalization settings.

:)

SantiagoGuerra2, Dec 1, 2022

2. No display on monitor when TV set as primary display

Issue solved

Removed DVI/HDMI cable from computer and monitor

Step 1: Check if the VGA monitor cable is defective.

1. Turn off computer
    2. Connect the monitor VGA cable from the monitor to the VGA port on the computer
    3. Turn on computer, VGA monitor cable is good.

Step 2: Tun off computer
    1. Connect HDMI Cable to HDMI port and TV
    2. Turn on computer and TV, there is no monitor black screen
    3. Click on the Windows logo, select the Settings icon , and then select

System. Under Display there are two squares, labeled 1 and 2

D Click on Advanced Display Settings:

Display information: Display 1- Monitor Display 2 -TV

E Right-click the Speakers icon in
      the taskbar, select Sound, click on Playback devices,

a s tv screen with my brand shows
      AMD High Definition Audio Device ready.

F. Problem solved

Cause of the problem: Defective VGA port on the Syba VGA HD15+ 3.5 Audio to HDMI converter

Rooben Kajima, Dec 1, 2022
  3. Cliff S Win User
    Triple display. How to quickly turn off two and leave primary active?

That might be a good idea,

Unable to set background individually on primary display of triple monitor set up [​IMG]

Cliff S, Dec 1, 2022
  4. Unable to set background individually on primary display of triple monitor set up

How can I change the background image individually to 6 monitors in Windows 10.

Hi,

The option to customize desktop background for multiple display on Windows 10 is hidden on the modern interface of the display settings. To open the old interface to customize your desktop background, follow these steps:

• Press Windows + R key to open the run command window.
    • Type or copy and paste the command below to open the old Desktop Background
      interface window:

control /name Microsoft.Personalization /page pageWallpaper
    • Under the Choose your desktop background option, right-click on the image that you wish to set on the desired monitor.
    • Select the Set for monitor 1 to set it on your 1st display.
    • Repeat the steps to set your background for other monitors.

Let us know should you need further assistance.

Darwin Dim, Dec 1, 2022
Thema:

Unable to set background individually on primary display of triple monitor set up

1. Unable to set background individually on primary display of triple monitor set up - Similar Threads - Unable set background

2. Unable to set background individually on primary display of triple monitor set up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to set background individually on primary display of triple monitor set up: I've been unable to set the background individually for all of my monitors, my current monitor setup is 2L, 1L, 3R. I can set the backgrounds individually for monitors 2 and 3, but I can no longer do it for my primary monitor. The monitors are arranged to extend the desktop,...
  3. Unable to set background individually on primary display of triple monitor set up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to set background individually on primary display of triple monitor set up: I've been unable to set the background individually for all of my monitors, my current monitor setup is 2L, 1L, 3R. I can set the backgrounds individually for monitors 2 and 3, but I can no longer do it for my primary monitor. The monitors are arranged to extend the desktop,...
  4. I accidentally set my monitor to not primary display

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I accidentally set my monitor to not primary display: I accidentally pressed something and saw display settings for monitors, I only had one monitor but it showed two, and then I scrolled down and pressed something that made the monitor a secondary monitor accidentally because I was being dumb and it went pitch black. i heard...
  5. I accidentally set my monitor to not primary display

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidentally set my monitor to not primary display: I accidentally pressed something and saw display settings for monitors, I only had one monitor but it showed two, and then I scrolled down and pressed something that made the monitor a secondary monitor accidentally because I was being dumb and it went pitch black. i heard...
  6. Can't set up two monitors individually, 3840x1080 is available.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't set up two monitors individually, 3840x1080 is available.: I have two monitors on a windows 10 PC, I have set them up previously to be two seperate 1920x1080 screens, but now the second monitor isn't showing up on any display options. However, options for 3840x1080 surround display is available, and when clicked it activates the two...
  7. Different monitor backgrounds for dual monitor set up.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Different monitor backgrounds for dual monitor set up.: How do I set dual backgrounds on two different monitors? When I go to personalize and right click on the background picture option where it says "Choose your picture" to set to a specific monitor it gives me three options: Set for all monitors, Set for monitor 2, and Set for...
  8. display orientation setting not individual for user accounts

display orientation setting not individual for user accounts: Hello, we are two users accounts on my computer, one of us uses the monitor in portrait mode, the other one in landscape mode. We constantly have to change the display orientation setting after we log in or before we log out. The problem is - why is this setting changed...
  9. Dual Monitor Display Setting Messed Up

Dual Monitor Display Setting Messed Up: I just got a new monitor to go with my laptop and I plugged it in. However, when I go to the display settings it says that the new monitor is smaller than my laptop's desktop screen. Is there a way to change the settings so that the larger monitor is displayed as so in the...
  10. No display on monitor when TV set as primary display

No display on monitor when TV set as primary display: Issue: incorrect multiple display setting. Unable reset display setting with a monitor black screen. No sound from TV due to AMD High Definition Audio Device Not Plugged In. The monitor goes black because the TV is the primary display When VGA is connected to Syba VGA...