Windows 10: Unable to set brightness level for Plugged in and on battery

Discus and support Unable to set brightness level for Plugged in and on battery in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am using a laptop and I would like to set different screen brightness levels for ac and battery power. I used to be able to do this in the power... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ÖmerEren2, Nov 27, 2019.

1. Unable to set brightness level for Plugged in and on battery

I am using a laptop and I would like to set different screen brightness levels for ac and battery power. I used to be able to do this in the power options but after some version I don't remember, it was removed. However, I was not unhappy with this change because windows remembered what level I have set my brightness to, seperately for plugged and unplugged use. But shortly after some update, this feature stopped working too. Now, it doesn't remember any of my brightness settings. I can change the brightness manually of course, but I dont want to do that every time I plug or unplug my laptop. Did this happen to everyone? Or is it just me? In any case, is there a workaround that allows me to set different brightness levels for both use case scenarios?

***Modified title from: I can't set different brightness levels for plugged and unplugged use.***

:)

ÖmerEren2, Nov 27, 2019

2. brightness level percentage

Hi Marie,

For us to narrow down your concern with brightness level and icon in brightness bar and notification center, we would like to know the following:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Send us a screenshot of your brightness settings.
    • Can you tell us what troubleshooting steps have you done so far to resolve this?

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Nov 27, 2019
  3. screen brightness plugged in/unplugged

Hi,

My laptop's screen brightness used to change depending on whether it was plugged in or not. So I could set the brightness to a lower level when not plugged in, to save battery. After the recent updates, I've noticed that this feature doesn't work anymore
    as plugging in or unplugging doesn't change the brightness level. Is there anything I can do to make it work like it used to? Thanks.

GokturkDemir, Nov 27, 2019
  4. karzan93 Win User

Unable to set brightness level for Plugged in and on battery

battery saver won't reduce brightness

Hi every one , i have this problem when i was playing online before i was using battery power so i put auto active battery saver on 20% when was get to that level battery saver was been activated and reduced brightness level with it so i was plugging in the charger but no it doesn't reduce brightness. and i made a lot of searching on the web but unfortunately i wasn't able to find a solution and there is no thing wrong in settings. it will be great if some one can help me with this.

karzan93, Nov 27, 2019
Thema:

Unable to set brightness level for Plugged in and on battery

1. Unable to set brightness level for Plugged in and on battery - Similar Threads - Unable set brightness

2. Laptop performing at on-battery levels when plugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop performing at on-battery levels when plugged in: My laptop has lately met a lot of performance issues related to the battery. It started with the laptop switching between plugged in and on battery when I'm gaming with AC power. After that issue was gone, I expected my laptop to perform smoothly again. But, my laptop chose...
  3. Laptop performing at on-battery levels when plugged in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop performing at on-battery levels when plugged in: My laptop has lately met a lot of performance issues related to the battery. It started with the laptop switching between plugged in and on battery when I'm gaming with AC power. After that issue was gone, I expected my laptop to perform smoothly again. But, my laptop chose...
  4. Brightness Level

in Windows 10 Customization
    Brightness Level: I have an issue where i try to change my brightness by sliding it to the number i want but it is not working, plz help me fix this issue, i even tried updating my graphics card its still not working...
  5. How to change Screen Brightness Battery/Plugged in

How to change Screen Brightness Battery/Plugged in: I'm trying to adjust the screen brightness so that the screen dims when on battery power. The options do not seem to exist. I want the screen brightness to be 100% when plugged in and 33% when on battery....
  6. I can't set different brightness levels for plugged and unplugged use.

I can't set different brightness levels for plugged and unplugged use.: I am using a laptop and I would like to set different screen brightness levels for ac and battery power. I used to be able to do this in the power options but after some version I don't remember, it was removed. However, I was not unhappy with this change because windows...
  7. Power Plan: how to change brightness on battery / plugged in?

Power Plan: how to change brightness on battery / plugged in?: The latest (about a week ago?) windows 10 update seems to have removed some features from the Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Power Options page and the pages underneath it. Specifically, under Change Plan Settings it seems they removed the ability to set a different...
  8. battery level

battery level: At one point windows ask if I wanted the battery level to be less when plugged in. Unfortunately, I updated. Now a want a full charge on the battery so computer can be used while traveling. I can't find the place to change it back to full power charge. Can anyone help???...
  9. brightness level locked at lowest level

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    brightness level locked at lowest level: I am completely unable to change the brightness level. i have uninstalled/reinstalled drivers, rebooted in excess of 20 times, i still cant change it in safe mode. is there any way to fix this, or am I going to have to waste hours of time reinstalling the most buggy OS ever...
  10. Cannot set level of brightness

Cannot set level of brightness: I cannot find where to change brightness for my computer, so could you tell me why I cannot find brightnesss setting on my computer? Thank you....