Windows 10: Unable to set correct resolution with second display attached

Discus and support Unable to set correct resolution with second display attached in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Whenever I connect my second display, I am unable to set my main display to 1440x900. I'm using a Nvidia GeForce 9800 GTX+... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Naso4265, May 23, 2020.

1. Naso4265 Win User

Unable to set correct resolution with second display attached

Whenever I connect my second display, I am unable to set my main display to 1440x900. I'm using a Nvidia GeForce 9800 GTX+

:)

Naso4265, May 23, 2020

2. Unable to set correct screen resolution.

Hi,

As you have already updated the display driver, I would suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the Display driver. Follow the steps mentioned below to uninstall the display driver.

• Open Device Manager.
    • Expand Display adapters.
    • Right-click the display card driver and click
      Uninstall.

Now download the display driver from manufacturer’s website and install it in compatibility mode:

Follow these steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website.

• Right-click on the driver setup file and click on
      ‘properties’

• Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box
      ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation.
    Once this is done, restart the computer.

Hope this helps.

Jenith_James, May 23, 2020
  3. RWOne Win User
    Monitor is detected but display resolution is not correct

One of two possibilities:

1. Driver is still not correct, as you don't have the listed resolution to go to recommended for that monitor. If it is using a driver win 10 installed and not the manufacturer, then you need to try the manufacturer driver, list the display driver from device manager and we can go from there.

2. Card in PC (Is it a card, or integrated mainboard graphics?) doesn't support that resolution, hence driver not listing it, etc.

Other possibility - what does the system show for the monitor listed in device manager?

RWOne, May 23, 2020
  4. Unable to set correct resolution with second display attached

Windows 10 unable to change correct display resolution

I am unable to correctly display my screen resolution. When changing the resolution under the advanced windows settings it seems to display some of the lower end settings correctly but when selecting the recommended 1920x1080 the display is incorrect
    and appears to be about 1600x900. I have tried multiple reboot/ safe mode, uninstall nvidea drivers/ reinstalled drivers, removing and installing the physical nvidea 650ti card without success. It was working fine for couple months, then changing between
    some application that changed the resolution it won't return to normal. Suggestions?

I had that cake and didn't leave you any., May 23, 2020
Thema:

Unable to set correct resolution with second display attached

1. Unable to set correct resolution with second display attached - Similar Threads - Unable set correct

2. External monitor resolution does not display correctly when display settings are set to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External monitor resolution does not display correctly when display settings are set to...: The SystemI have a laptop: Asus ROG Zephyrus S17 running windows 11 and an external ultrawide monitor: LG 38GN950 with a native resolution of 3840x1600, it is an ultrawide monitor. which is connected via the laptops HDMI output to the monitors HDMI input. The laptop uses...
  3. External monitor resolution does not display correctly when display settings are set to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External monitor resolution does not display correctly when display settings are set to...: The SystemI have a laptop: Asus ROG Zephyrus S17 running windows 11 and an external ultrawide monitor: LG 38GN950 with a native resolution of 3840x1600, it is an ultrawide monitor. which is connected via the laptops HDMI output to the monitors HDMI input. The laptop uses...
  4. Correct display resolution unavailable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Correct display resolution unavailable: Hi,I've been having issues for close to two months with my display resolution. I'm using a Dell Optiplex 7060 with an NVIDIA GeForce GT 730 with an Iyama PLB2712HDS monitor. I've used this configuration for five years without having any issues.One day my screen suddenly went...
  5. Correct display resolution unavailable

Correct display resolution unavailable: Hi,I've been having issues for close to two months with my display resolution. I'm using a Dell Optiplex 7060 with an NVIDIA GeForce GT 730 with an Iyama PLB2712HDS monitor. I've used this configuration for five years without having any issues.One day my screen suddenly went...
  6. Correct monitor resolution is not displayed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Correct monitor resolution is not displayed: Hey,I bought a 34" monitor that supports 3440*1440 and on device settings the max resolution is 1920*1080I am using a laptop with intel HUD and Nvidia mx330.the monitor is connected by default to the intel HUD No option to changeWhen I enter the Nvidia control panel most of...
  7. Correct monitor resolution is not displayed

Correct monitor resolution is not displayed: Hey,I bought a 34" monitor that supports 3440*1440 and on device settings the max resolution is 1920*1080I am using a laptop with intel HUD and Nvidia mx330.the monitor is connected by default to the intel HUD No option to changeWhen I enter the Nvidia control panel most of...
  8. Correct monitor display resolution unlisted when second monitor is connected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Correct monitor display resolution unlisted when second monitor is connected: I am attempting to connect my laptop Dell Inspiron to a dual monitor arrangement one 1920x1080, and an ultrawide 3440x1440. When either single monitor is connected, the display resolution is correct and everything works well. However when connecting the second monitor, the...
  9. Correct monitor display resolution unlisted when second monitor is connected

Correct monitor display resolution unlisted when second monitor is connected: I am attempting to connect my laptop Dell Inspiron to a dual monitor arrangement one 1920x1080, and an ultrawide 3440x1440. When either single monitor is connected, the display resolution is correct and everything works well. However when connecting the second monitor, the...
  10. Monitor Resolution Not Displaying Correctly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor Resolution Not Displaying Correctly: On my old laptop, the connection to my monitor worked perfectly, but the resolution I choose is either too big to fit the screen or way too zoomed in with my new laptop. When zoomed in it doesn't let me change the scale of the text apps, etc. Hoping for a fix because I really...