Windows 10: Unable to set correct time in PC

Discus and support Unable to set correct time in PC in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; If I set the time to manual it will gradually lose time. If I set the update to automatic it will constantly be two minutes ahead of any other time... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by TomMorse1, Apr 23, 2020.

1. TomMorse1 Win User

Unable to set correct time in PC

If I set the time to manual it will gradually lose time. If I set the update to automatic it will constantly be two minutes ahead of any other time server that I connect to. I think I need to change the time server but do not know how to do that.

***Original title: My computer time is always 2 minutes fast. How do I set it to auto but have it correct for those two minutes?***

:)

TomMorse1, Apr 23, 2020

2. Unable to connect smart phone to PC.

The articles suggested did not correct the problem.

Additionally, I'm unable to locate the settings you suggested I verify. I assume the settings are on my PC but I can not locate "Diagnosis" on my applications list so as to check them. Please provide additional instructions that will allow to check the
    settings.

Thank you,.

Dodge Car Man, Apr 23, 2020
  3. Date & Time - Automatic Updates = FAIL & Unable to Manually Set

Date & Time - Automatic Updates = FAIL & Unable to Manually Set

Since the major update applied March 3rd to my Windows 10 work laptop:

• Location sensing is not working - the laptop is unable to accurately determine where I am in the USA (timezone)
    • Unable to manually edit time (greyed out)
    • Automatic Time = forward one hour despite correct location coding & auto daylight savings time enabled

Basically - cannot manually update and auto updating blows.

PlattenFaust, Apr 23, 2020
  4. Unable to set correct time in PC

Setting correct time on computer!

Hello Christine,

Running Windows Update usually corrects this type of issue in Windows. That being said, can
    you tell me all of the troubleshooting steps you've performed so far?

If you're already signed in as the administrator, I advise starting your Windows 10 PC in safe mode to modify the system time. Should you have difficulty following these steps, please seek the assistance of other family members.

1. Right-click the Start
      Unable to set correct time in PC 9339414d-6154-4f2e-b17a-6cb3481768db?upload=true.jpg

button and go to Settings

Unable to set correct time in PC 014330e2-d25b-45b3-8052-615dd093cbb5?upload=true.jpg
      >
      Update & Security

Unable to set correct time in PC 3e6ff97c-1eb8-4c1a-8b93-b1c9d2c77df6?upload=true.jpg
      >
      Recovery

Unable to set correct time in PC 49bfbfdd-e941-4799-af85-7c7ba07ab1cf?upload=true.jpg
    2. Under Advanced startup, select Restart now.
    3. After your PC restarts to the Choose an option screen, select
      Troubleshoot > Advanced options >
      Startup Settings > Restart.
    4. After your PC restarts, you'll see a list of options. Select 5 or
      F5 for Safe Mode with Networking.
    5. Right-click the Start
      Unable to set correct time in PC 044dce31-6345-4b20-b7de-2d461add5fae?upload=true.jpg

button again, go to Settings

Unable to set correct time in PC 789b0ff8-54da-4b1a-834b-584f497cf84a?upload=true.jpg
      >
      Time & Language > Date & time.
    6. Under Related settings, select Add clocks for different time zones.
    7. Go to the Date and Time tab and make sure that the Time zone is set correctly. You can click
      Change time zone > select the correct time zone and then click
      OK
      to modify it.
    8. Go to the Internet Time tab and click
      Change
      settings.
    9. Select the Synchronize with an Internet time server check box and then choose
      time.windows.com for the Server.
    10. Click Update now until the clock successfully synchronizes with the server.
    11. Click OK.
    12. Once the system time is corrected, click Apply and then
      OK
      to save the changes.
    13. Restart your PC.

Unable to set correct time in PC f8289a63-cc6d-441c-b320-d3043cd289b0?upload=true.jpg

If you have additional questions, or if the issue persists after the troubleshooting steps above, please let me know by replying to this thread. This way, I'll get notified and respond back to you as soon as I can.

Devlin Sco, Apr 23, 2020
Thema:

Unable to set correct time in PC

1. Unable to set correct time in PC - Similar Threads - Unable set correct

2. PC Time Is correct but App times are 3 hours behind

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Time Is correct but App times are 3 hours behind: I have my time set to UTC-08:00 Pacific Time US & Canada. Which is the right time zone but my apps like discord and Instagram are all 3 hours behind and I don't know how to fix this. I won't be able to respond for 6 hours since I'm busy, but will respond when I can....
  3. PC Time Is correct but App times are 3 hours behind

in Windows 10 Customization
    PC Time Is correct but App times are 3 hours behind: I have my time set to UTC-08:00 Pacific Time US & Canada. Which is the right time zone but my apps like discord and Instagram are all 3 hours behind and I don't know how to fix this. I won't be able to respond for 6 hours since I'm busy, but will respond when I can....
  4. correct time

correct time: my laptop won't permanently keep correct time. why? I've tried everything https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/correct-time/a469ecd0-1663-4951-a033-8b55d0840e7b
  5. Time And Date Settings - Region Time Zone UNABLE TO SET

Time And Date Settings - Region Time Zone UNABLE TO SET: Whenever I try to change time zone on my Windows 10, it shows following error; "Unable to continue You do not have permission to perform this task. Please contact your computer administrator for help" [ATTACH] There are two administration accounts on my computer i.e....
  6. Time not correctly set automatically

in Windows 10 Support
    Time not correctly set automatically: I activated the options "Set time automatically" and "Set time zone automatically". Hovewer every now and again the the time is showing two hours behine the current time. This is solved if clicking "Sync now". Does anybody have also this issue in Windows 10? [img] 136985
  7. Date and Time Won't set correctly

Date and Time Won't set correctly: I am running Windows 10 Home, Version 1803, OS Build 17134.885 on a Compaq Presario Model CQ5700Y, 64-bit. My internet service connection is Xfinity (Comcast) thru a WiFi router. My problem began about a year ago. When I turn the computer on, the time in the system tray...
  8. Setting correct time on computer!

Setting correct time on computer!: I was told I could have correct time & Zone set by Microsoft Automatically! How do I do that!! Everywhere I go it asked for Administrator Acct.! For the 50,000th time We don't know it...was never told or shown where to look..This is only since upgrading to Windows 10.. My...
  9. Setting correct time on computer!

Setting correct time on computer!: I was told I could have correct time & Zone set by Microsoft Automatically! How do I do that!! Everywhere I go it asked for Administrator Acct.! For the 50,000th time We don't know it...was never told or shown where to look..This is only since upgrading to Windows 10.. My...
  10. Setting up OneDrive correctly on a PC...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Setting up OneDrive correctly on a PC...: For some time, I have been using OneDrive on my 'phone (successfully, but limited to only a few files and photos). I've now tried to set it up on my Laptop, with a view to linking and uploading all my files - Documents, Pictures etc. However, in the setup 'wizard', I'm...