Windows 10: Unable to set default keyboard after updates (gpedit.msc not working as intended)

Discus and support Unable to set default keyboard after updates (gpedit.msc not working as intended) in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I'm running Win-10 Home 64 Bit. I type very often in Japanese, so I've installed Google IME, and set it as my default keyboard previously.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JasonT.CS, Nov 9, 2018.

1. JasonT.CS Win User

Unable to set default keyboard after updates (gpedit.msc not working as intended)

Hi, I'm running Win-10 Home 64 Bit. I type very often in Japanese, so I've installed Google IME, and set it as my default keyboard previously.

However, since the recent updates my computer has been booting up on the default English keyboard instead of the Google keyboard I've set. When I try to set the defaults again, I get an error prompt "Some settings are managed or hidden by your organization". Even though it shows under the Override for default input method as "Japanese - Google Language Input", my computer never boots up on with Google IME any more. It is very annoying to constantly switch it on every time I log on. It has worked fine before, booting straight into Google IME on startup, so why the sudden change?

I'm on a personal computer, on the admin account. How can there be organizational limits imposed? Why and for what purpose did the recent updates impose limited settings on an admin account? I went to install gpedit.msc on my system in order to adjust telemetry settings according to some guides, but I wasn't able to find Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Data Collection and Preview Builds.

I have no idea how to fix this. Can someone help me please?

:)

JasonT.CS, Nov 9, 2018
  2. BrianTJUK Win User

I can't set a slideshow in the Lock Screen and one of the Microsoft suggestions to use gpedit msc didn't work

I can't set up a slideshow for the lock screen. I can select a picture from the computer or I can select one of the Windows 10 standard pictures. If I select slideshow it doesn't change the PREVIEW and when the computer is inactive I get a black screen.

One of the suggestions made by Microsoft in response to this problem in another post was to run gpedit msc. I have tried this or gpedit.msc or gpedit and in all cases the message I get is gpedit or gpedit.msc or gpedit msc "is not recognised as an
    internal or external command, operable program or batch file"

How do I fix the lock screen problem or invoke the local group policy editor?

BrianTJUK, Nov 9, 2018
  3. Unable to set default browser

• Does this issue happens while you try to set other browser as default too or is it specific to specific browser?

Any browser.

Already did the steps you suggested. It's some kind of bug where it's impossible to set a default browser at all.

I heard elsewhere from one other user
    that it seems to be a problem with upgrading to 10 on the SP3. Sounds very specifc.

guustavooo, Nov 9, 2018
  4. Unable to set default keyboard after updates (gpedit.msc not working as intended)

Unable to set keyboard language as default differently from Windows 10 language

Hello,

You can configure your keyboard language by adding it on the default language set on the system. For instructions, follow these steps:

• Open Settings.
    • Open Time & language.
    • Select Region & language.
    • Click on the default language, and click Options.
    • Select Add a keyboard, and select the language that you want to add.

We'll wait for the outcome.

Antoneth Ber, Nov 9, 2018
Thema:

Unable to set default keyboard after updates (gpedit.msc not working as intended)

1. Unable to set default keyboard after updates (gpedit.msc not working as intended) - Similar Threads - Unable set default

2. GPO not working as intended

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    GPO not working as intended: First of all. My English is not at good level when I need to write something so I used ChatGPT.Here is my first problem:I will set up a GPO on the server: For example, Enable logon using a practical PIN code. Then, execute gpupdate /force. The policy is applied and...
  3. Keyboard works as not intended

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard works as not intended: HelloMy keyboard acts weird.My right shift key acts as my caps lock, my left shift key acts like my F1 key.And my tab key and escape key works as a pause/play key for videos on youtube and netflix and other.Already try this solution...
  4. Keyboard works as not intended

Keyboard works as not intended: HelloMy keyboard acts weird.My right shift key acts as my caps lock, my left shift key acts like my F1 key.And my tab key and escape key works as a pause/play key for videos on youtube and netflix and other.Already try this solution...
  5. my keyboard is not working as intended

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my keyboard is not working as intended: Hello.for sometime now i have been experiencing problems with my keyboard when i hold a key down while playing a video game it doesnt hold instead it is repeating the button as it would if u were holding it while writing something i do competitive gaming so this is a big...
  6. my keyboard is not working as intended

my keyboard is not working as intended: Hello.for sometime now i have been experiencing problems with my keyboard when i hold a key down while playing a video game it doesnt hold instead it is repeating the button as it would if u were holding it while writing something i do competitive gaming so this is a big...
  7. my keyboard is not working as intended

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Headset not working as intended

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headset not working as intended: Hi! my computer has two headphone jacks, when I plugged my headset in I was asked to choose what it was. I choose Headphones and went out of the tab, only to discover I couldn't use the Microphone with the headset. I plugged it into the other jack and it asked me again, I...
  9. Headset not working as intended

Headset not working as intended: Hi! my computer has two headphone jacks, when I plugged my headset in I was asked to choose what it was. I choose Headphones and went out of the tab, only to discover I couldn't use the Microphone with the headset. I plugged it into the other jack and it asked me again, I...
  10. Properties not working as intended.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Properties not working as intended.: Hello, I have been trying to set an application to always run as administrator. I already have gone to the file location and opened up properties however, the shortcuts bar cannot be found. I can also not run the application without administrator either. Please help me....
Tags: