Windows 10: Unable to set default program for php or html, specifically Notepad++

Discus and support Unable to set default program for php or html, specifically Notepad++ in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have gone to default programs and have tried to change html and php3 to notepad++, but for some reason windows 10 will not allow me to. Run as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Mithdraug, May 22, 2024.

1. Mithdraug Win User

Unable to set default program for php or html, specifically Notepad++

I have gone to default programs and have tried to change html and php3 to notepad++, but for some reason windows 10 will not allow me to. Run as administrator for notepad++ only allows .txt to be chosen. It keeps directing me to either browser programs or Microsoft store. This makes no sense. Why can't I change the defaults to what I want?

:)

Mithdraug, May 22, 2024

2. how do I open .php and .html files with PHP editor Eclipse?

when i go to the control panel's option "associate a file type with a default program", my IDE named Eclipse, which is a PHP editor is not in the list of programs to choose from. how can I set .php, .php3, .html and .htm files to open automatically with
    this program? is this even possible in windows 10 anymore? an image of what I see is below:

Unable to set default program for php or html, specifically Notepad++ e703d8dd-8aa7-4722-9666-44b71a014515?upload=true.jpg

AdamEvanovich, May 22, 2024
  3. Unable to set default browser

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

The information which you have provided is not enough for us to determine the issue. Please provide us more information.

• Does this issue happens while you try to set other browser as default too or is it specific to specific browser?

To set Internet Explorer/Edge as a default browser, I suggest you to follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows key and type Default Program in search and hit enter.
    • Select "Set your default programs"
    • Click on “Internet Explorer" or “Edge”.
    • Select "Set this program as default” and Click OK.

Please post back with the results and the information asked, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, May 22, 2024
  4. Unable to set default program for php or html, specifically Notepad++

Unable to set default browser

• Does this issue happens while you try to set other browser as default too or is it specific to specific browser?

Any browser.

Already did the steps you suggested. It's some kind of bug where it's impossible to set a default browser at all.

I heard elsewhere from one other user
    that it seems to be a problem with upgrading to 10 on the SP3. Sounds very specifc.

guustavooo, May 22, 2024
Thema:

Unable to set default program for php or html, specifically Notepad++

1. Unable to set default program for php or html, specifically Notepad++ - Similar Threads - Unable set default

2. Unable to set default program for php or html, specifically Notepad++

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to set default program for php or html, specifically Notepad++: I have gone to default programs and have tried to change html and php3 to notepad++, but for some reason windows 10 will not allow me to. Run as administrator for notepad++ only allows .txt to be chosen. It keeps directing me to either browser programs or Microsoft store....
  3. Unable to set default program for php or html, specifically Notepad++

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to set default program for php or html, specifically Notepad++: I have gone to default programs and have tried to change html and php3 to notepad++, but for some reason windows 10 will not allow me to. Run as administrator for notepad++ only allows .txt to be chosen. It keeps directing me to either browser programs or Microsoft store....
  4. html and php

in Windows 10 Gaming
    html and php: Hi, samplefacebook, i want to login in my account variables: url, mail and password via html and php. Thank youpic https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/html-and-php/9c65b520-fac6-49e4-bc70-c4c8e6a36aa8
  5. html and php

html and php: Hi, samplefacebook, i want to login in my account variables: url, mail and password via html and php. Thank youpic https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/html-and-php/9c65b520-fac6-49e4-bc70-c4c8e6a36aa8
  6. html and php

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. HTML in Notepad

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    HTML in Notepad: I was instructed to use Notepad as my text editor. How do I stop it from adding the .txt extension when I save the file index.html, even with "All Files *.* and UTYF-8u are selected?...
  8. HTML in Notepad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HTML in Notepad: I was instructed to use Notepad as my text editor. How do I stop it from adding the .txt extension when I save the file index.html, even with "All Files *.* and UTYF-8u are selected?...
  9. HTML in Notepad

10. Possible Bug - KB4458469 - Unable to set notepad as default programs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Possible Bug - KB4458469 - Unable to set notepad as default programs: Recently went through a string of clean windows 10 installs trying to fix this on my end. Was having trouble setting notepad as the default program for certain types of files, .dll's, .meta, cfg.(worked weeks ago)these types of files found when editing game files for...