Windows 10: Unable to set different backgrounds for different desktop screens

Discus and support Unable to set different backgrounds for different desktop screens in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello, I would like to set different backgrounds for my various desktop screens so that I will be able to recognise the tabs easier. I have tried the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Nanalyt, Nov 6, 2021.

1. Nanalyt Win User

Unable to set different backgrounds for different desktop screens

Hello, I would like to set different backgrounds for my various desktop screens so that I will be able to recognise the tabs easier. I have tried the instructions given to change the background via right-click > choose background on the different desktop tabs. However, it still changes all my desktop tabs to have the same background. Is there a way I could fix this issue?

:)

Nanalyt, Nov 6, 2021
  2. GHuff96 Win User

different Desktop wallpaper backgrounds

Hi guys,

So I found out you can set up different desktops on my laptop.

I have 3, (one for school, one for other productivity stuff and one for fun/entertainment)

Can I set up 3 different wallpapers for each desktop background?

I tried using settings and "change my desktop background" but that changes all 3 instead of just the one I'm currently on.

Any suggestions?

Thank You

GHuff96, Nov 6, 2021
  3. dacrone Win User
    different lock screen and sign in screen?

Step 2b is labeled as Change the Login Screen Image, but the steps show you how to change the Lock Screen image. Step 2a is irrelevant. It only tells you how to change the desktop background.

What I want to do:
    Set Spotlight as the LOCK Screen Image(s) - Done
    Set the Win 10 Hero Image as the SIGN IN Screen Image - This is the one that shows after you click on the lock screen and you are able to type your password. If I uncheck "Show Lock Screen Image on Sign In Screen", it shows a solid blue background behind my Password box and user image. This is what I want to change to the Hero Image....

dacrone, Nov 6, 2021
  4. Unable to set different backgrounds for different desktop screens

Different Background for Multiple Desktops

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hi! Thanks for the response! I appreciate it.

I probably should have a been a bit more descriptive though. I do have two monitors, and on these two monitors, I have 3 different desktops set up. I did this by clicking on the "Task View" button on the taskbar and adding 2 new desktops for a total of three.
    My goal is to have the same background color on both monitors for each separate desktop...For example, both monitors have a background of blue on desktop 1, both monitors have grey on desktop 2, and both monitors have red for desktop 3. Hope this makes sense,
    and thank you for your help!

BrianCasey1, Nov 6, 2021
Thema:

Unable to set different backgrounds for different desktop screens

1. Unable to set different backgrounds for different desktop screens - Similar Threads - Unable set different

2. multiple desktops in windows with different backgrounds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    multiple desktops in windows with different backgrounds: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/multiple-desktops-in-windows-36f52e38-5b4a-557b-2ff9-e1a60c976434#articleFooterSupportBridge=communityBridgeGives the option to use different backgrounds on the different backgrounds. I use this to tell them appart. I use one to...
  3. multiple desktops in windows with different backgrounds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    multiple desktops in windows with different backgrounds: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/multiple-desktops-in-windows-36f52e38-5b4a-557b-2ff9-e1a60c976434#articleFooterSupportBridge=communityBridgeGives the option to use different backgrounds on the different backgrounds. I use this to tell them appart. I use one to...
  4. How can I set different background and different desktop app in windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I set different background and different desktop app in windows 10: Hi, Here you can see my 3 desktop. Now I want to know how can I set 3 different background and desktop apps for these 3 different desktops.Thanks in advance....
  5. How can I set different background and different desktop app in windows 10

How can I set different background and different desktop app in windows 10: Hi, Here you can see my 3 desktop. Now I want to know how can I set 3 different background and desktop apps for these 3 different desktops.Thanks in advance....
  6. How can I set different background and different desktop app in windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Different background on 2 screens

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Different background on 2 screens: I have windows 11. I work with two computer screens.Is it possible to use a different photo for both screens ? If yes, how do I go about it ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/different-background-on-2-screens/27f59144-a1df-4646-9d3b-8d13ff81a0f5
  8. Different background on 2 screens

Different background on 2 screens: I have windows 11. I work with two computer screens.Is it possible to use a different photo for both screens ? If yes, how do I go about it ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/different-background-on-2-screens/27f59144-a1df-4646-9d3b-8d13ff81a0f5
  9. Unable to set different backgrounds for different desktop screens

Unable to set different backgrounds for different desktop screens: Hello, I would like to set different backgrounds for my various desktop screens so that I will be able to recognise the tabs easier. I have tried the instructions given to change the background via right-click > choose background on the different desktop tabs. However, it...
  10. different Desktop wallpaper backgrounds

in Windows 10 Customization
    different Desktop wallpaper backgrounds: Hi guys, So I found out you can set up different desktops on my laptop. I have 3, (one for school, one for other productivity stuff and one for fun/entertainment) Can I set up 3 different wallpapers for each desktop background? I tried using settings and "change my...