Windows 10: Unable to set diffirent wallpaper for each display after updating Windows Photos

Discus and support Unable to set diffirent wallpaper for each display after updating Windows Photos in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello About a week ago I set diffirent wallpaper for each screen on my Windows 10. This morning I noticed that each screen has the same wallpaper and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by HenrykKaufman, Apr 9, 2020.

1. Unable to set diffirent wallpaper for each display after updating Windows Photos

Hello

About a week ago I set diffirent wallpaper for each screen on my Windows 10. This morning I noticed that each screen has the same wallpaper and I'm not able to set wallpaper for each display separately anymore. After searching for the cause if this I noticed that Windows Photos updated itself the day before this bug occured and tought that these events might be connected.

Pretty please fix my feature.

:)

HenrykKaufman, Apr 9, 2020

2. Setting Wallpaper in Windows 10

I want to change my Wallpaper on the Windows 10 Computer daily.

I use a photo from a file or email. The photo opens in the Windows Photo Viewer and there is an option to "Set as Background". That all works. But, it always makes the default format "Full". I then have to go to "Personalization" to revert it to "Fit",
    so that I can see the whole photo. Windows 8.1 defaulted to "Fit" and did not have to include this extra step.

How can I set the default display for background to "Fit"? There is no setting that I can find to do this, permanently.

DaveDesmarais, Apr 9, 2020
  3. Wallpaper with multiple monitors

Hi Bandalo,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand that you are unable to select different wallpaper for each display in Extend display mode.

There might be some issues with system files or viruses, which is not allowing you to select different wallpapers

Please perform some of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps:

Method 1: Update/Install the Display Adapter driver.

If the issue still persists, I suggest you to install/update the Display Adapter driver.

Steps to install the drivers for the Display Adapter.

• Press Windows + R keys from the keyboard to open Run command.
    • In Run window type devmgmt.msc.
    • Then in device manager right click on Display Adapter.
    • Try to update the drivers from the option stating automatically update the drivers.
    • If it works fine otherwise try to search for the drivers with the help of model number of your computer from the Manufacturer’s website.

Method 2: Please try to run SFC Scan on your computer to check all system files are working fine or not.

In order to run System File Checker (SFC) you can follow the steps provided in the following link:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833

(Applies to Windows 10 as well)

After completion of this scan please restart computer and then check the status of your computer.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 9, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

Unable to set diffirent wallpaper for each display after updating Windows Photos

Unable to set Photoscape as Default Photo Viewer

I understand Photoscape to be a desktop program - not a universal app. It's not recommended for Win 10- see below.

It is not listed in
    Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Default Programs\Set Default Programs

You could associate individual file types thus:

Unable to set diffirent wallpaper for each display after updating Windows Photos [​IMG]

- or via Open With and browse to Photoscape.

It seems it does not register itself as being able to handle the relevant file types.

A quick impression suggests it's a bit out of date.

indeed- you are directed to use Photoscape X (not free) for Win 10, not Photoscape v3.7.
    PhotoScape X for Mac and Windows 10: Free Photo Editor

dalchina, Apr 9, 2020
Thema:

Unable to set diffirent wallpaper for each display after updating Windows Photos

1. Unable to set diffirent wallpaper for each display after updating Windows Photos - Similar Threads - Unable set diffirent

2. Cannot set different wallpapers on Multiple Displays

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot set different wallpapers on Multiple Displays: Hi,I have windows 11 Education.I have gone through other posts but no solution is working for me.This is not a multiple desktop issue since I only use one.Basically I have 3 monitors; 2 in landscape 1 in portrait.When I go to personalize and right click on a background...
  3. How to set each monitor to a different display

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to set each monitor to a different display: I have added a larger monitor to my laptop to allow working on different projects.Both are working, but both show the same screen. Detect other display shows "we could,t find...", but it is showing the screen I am on.New to this and could use a bit of help. Thanks in advance....
  4. How to set each monitor to a different display

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to set each monitor to a different display: I have added a larger monitor to my laptop to allow working on different projects.Both are working, but both show the same screen. Detect other display shows "we could,t find...", but it is showing the screen I am on.New to this and could use a bit of help. Thanks in advance....
  5. Windows Update updating display driver each time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update updating display driver each time: For some reason, everytime when I check for updates, Windows finding available update for Intel Display, even though this driver is already installed on my computer. It does not install the driver again, but just loads my disk for 1-3 minutes....
  6. Windows Update updating display driver each time

Windows Update updating display driver each time: For some reason, everytime when I check for updates, Windows finding available update for Intel Display, even though this driver is already installed on my computer. It does not install the driver again, but just loads my disk for 1-3 minutes....
  7. Windows Update updating display driver each time

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Unable to set Personal Photo Wallpaper on Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to set Personal Photo Wallpaper on Lock Screen: I recently wanted to change my Lock Screen Wallpaper but when I try, It'll just keep loading and not show up at all. I wanted to change it to a personal photo but as seen below, it never changes and continues to load and never loads. I am able to switch between the other...
  9. Unable to set diffirent wallpaper for each display after updating Windows Photos

Unable to set diffirent wallpaper for each display after updating Windows Photos: Hello About a week ago I set diffirent wallpaper for each screen on my Windows 10. This morning I noticed that each screen has the same wallpaper and I'm not able to set wallpaper for each display separately anymore. After searching for the cause I noticed that Windows...
  10. How to display different slideshow wallpapers (backgrounds) on each monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to display different slideshow wallpapers (backgrounds) on each monitor: Previously, I could set the background to "Slideshow," choose an album folder, and see a different image from the folder on each screen. The pictures on each screen would then change to something else according to the "Change picture every" timeframe. Now, with these same...