Windows 10: Unable to set or change PIN

Discus and support Unable to set or change PIN in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I'm trying to help someone with a Surface Pro running v1909. It's joined to a local AD domain at his office. He's logging in with a domain user account... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by WinITPro, Mar 5, 2020.

1. WinITPro Win User

Unable to set or change PIN

I'm trying to help someone with a Surface Pro running v1909. It's joined to a local AD domain at his office. He's logging in with a domain user account but he would like to also setup a PIN. There are no group policies setup to have anything to do with PINs and I'm not even sure that it could be done. Other domain joined computers have a PIN set so I'm sure it's just something with this Surface.

The problem is that when he goes to Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options and clicks on Windows Hello PIN to expand that section, instead of seeing a Change button or I forgot my PIN link, there is a message that says "This option is currently unavailable-click to learn more" and "Sorry, this PIN isn't working for your organization's resources. Tap or click here to fix it."

It doesn't matter what he clicks on, it doesn't help. I've tried deleting the NGC folder and having him reboot but the same messages appear in the Windows Hello PIN section. So far I haven't found anything else to do. I'm hoping someone here can help.

Jonathan

:)

WinITPro, Mar 5, 2020

2. Unable to set up PIN

Hi,

There can be many reasons why you are unable to set up a PIN on your device. One of these is due to corrupted system files. For us to properly figure out what's causing this error, we'd like to confirm the following information:

• How and when did the issue start?
    • Have you recently installed any updates?
    • Have you made any relevant changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • Have you tried using another profile to check if the same thing occurs?
    • What steps have you taken so far to resolve the issue?

Your reply is highly appreciated.

Dhavelyn Mer, Mar 5, 2020
  3. Romel Ram Win User
    Unable to set PIN for log-in

Hi,

There is a possibility that this is due to . To properly isolate your issue, kindly verify the following:

• Did you encounter any error messages?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done to troubleshoot the problem?
    • Which Windows 10 version/build is currently installed on your computer? To check, type
      winver in the search option.

In addition, you can try Jessen P's suggestion on this link
    to see if it will work for your issue.

We're looking forward to your response.

Romel Ram, Mar 5, 2020
  4. Unable to set or change PIN

PIN at start up

Hi Scott,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below steps how to Change PIN password:

• In the search box, type settings.
    • Then Click on accounts.
    • Then on the left hand side click on sign in options.
    • Then you can Select Change PIN password and remove the pin.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Mar 5, 2020
Thema:

Unable to set or change PIN

1. Unable to set or change PIN - Similar Threads - Unable set change

2. Unable to change PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to change PIN: Your pin is no longer available due to a change in security setting on this device. click to set up a new pin.So when i try to setup OTP is not coming to mobile https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-change-pin/0e6c4868-c6dd-4e90-be7f-5a20e7467e62
  3. Unable to change PIN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to change PIN: Your pin is no longer available due to a change in security setting on this device. click to set up a new pin.So when i try to setup OTP is not coming to mobile https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-change-pin/0e6c4868-c6dd-4e90-be7f-5a20e7467e62
  4. Unable to change PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to change PIN: So I have been using PIN to login into my computer for around 1 year. I wanted to change it due to security reasons. When I go into settings in account it shows 'This option is currently unavailable'. I don't know how is that even possible, I'm using PIN and it shows option...
  5. Unable to change PIN

Unable to change PIN: So I have been using PIN to login into my computer for around 1 year. I wanted to change it due to security reasons. When I go into settings in account it shows 'This option is currently unavailable'. I don't know how is that even possible, I'm using PIN and it shows option...
  6. Unable to change pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to change pin: I know my pin and I'm the one who created my account and never been with organization or for work. My computer is solely a personal computer but I'm getting this message when I'm about to change my pin....
  7. Unable to change pin

Unable to change pin: I know my pin and I'm the one who created my account and never been with organization or for work. My computer is solely a personal computer but I'm getting this message when I'm about to change my pin....
  8. Unable to set PIN

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to set PIN: Hello,I am unable to set my PIN in my laptop suddenly from today. When try to under settings, it says that the option is currently unavailable. Is it my laptop problem or the Windows problem?...
  9. Unable to set a PIN

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to set a PIN: I'm trying to help someone with a Surface Pro running v1909. It's joined to a local AD domain at his office. He's logging in with a domain user account but he would like to also setup a PIN. There are no group policies setup to have anything to do with PINs and I'm not even...
  10. Unable to set up pin and change password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to set up pin and change password: Recently, I've updated to Windows 10. Unfortunately, the update erased my pin. So, of course, I tried to reset it. But every time I click on the button nothing happens. I'm also unable to change my password. I click on the button but it simply says "Something went wrong. Try...