Windows 10: Unable to set Preferred language in Windows Settings

Discus and support Unable to set Preferred language in Windows Settings in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The loading of preferred language is infinitely, so i was unable to add/remove a preferred language If i click on "Choose an input method always use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ksgoh, Apr 7, 2021.

1. ksgoh Win User

Unable to set Preferred language in Windows Settings

The loading of preferred language is infinitely, so i was unable to add/remove a preferred language

If i click on "Choose an input method always use as default", it will become lagging and i need to force close it.

Unable to set Preferred language in Windows Settings 510d975d-07ac-4855-a6ef-a50ae4d03dc8?upload=true.png

***Original Title: Preferred language bug***

:)

ksgoh, Apr 7, 2021

2. languages preferred

Hello,

Assuming you want to use English (United States) as your preferred language, try these steps

1. Right click Start Button or press Windows + X keys and select Windows PowerShell (Admin).

2. In the administrative Windows PowerShell window, type these commands one-by-one and press Enter key after each:

Get-WinUserLanguageList

This will display list of installed languages on your machine. Note the LanguageTag for your preferred language.

$1=New-WinUserLanguageList <LanguageTag>

Replace <LanguageTag> for your preferred language. For example, if your preferred language is English (United States), then you can use $1=New-WinUserLanguageList en-US.

Set-WinUserLanguageList $1

After this, when opted, type Y to confirm setting preferred language. Close Windows PowerShell and you're done.

Hope this helps!

Kapil Arya [Directly], Apr 7, 2021
  3. kvenl Win User
    Region settings: Unable to set default language!

Hi,

I get this error when setting my Region settings to English/Netherlands and restart Windows 10.

Error : "Unable to set default language !"

When I put it back to English/US then all is ok.

How can I get my Regio settings to English/Netherlands, which Windows itself gives it as a choice (!?)

Thank

Regards

Kees

Unable to set Preferred language in Windows Settings [​IMG]

Unable to set Preferred language in Windows Settings [​IMG]

kvenl, Apr 7, 2021
  4. 95Viper Win User

Windows 8.1 update changed the language, can't change back

Maybe, these will help... it seems it is a common enough problem.

Language packs are no longer available after you upgrade to Windows 8.1

And, sort of the same here --> Add a language or keyboard

Quote from above MS web page:

Spoiler Download and install language packs
    You'll need to download the language pack if you want to make a language your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps).
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click a language that says Language pack available underneath, and then tap or click Options.
    • Tap or click Download. The download process might take a while, depending on your PC and the size of the language pack.
      If you want to make this your display language, see the next section "Change your Windows display language".
    Change your Windows display language
    To change your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps), first add a language, download and install the language pack, and then follow these steps.
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click the language that you want to set as your display language.
    • Tap or click Set as primary to move the language to the top of the list. If the language can become your Windows display language, you'll see Will be display language after next sign-in appear under the language.
    • Sign out and then sign back in to finish.
    And here is some more info --> Add Language Packs to Windows

95Viper, Apr 7, 2021
Thema:

1. Unable to set Preferred language in Windows Settings - Similar Threads - Unable set Preferred

2. How can I set a preferred font for each language on Windows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I set a preferred font for each language on Windows?: Windows includes two Unicode fonts for Malayalam scripts, namely Karthika and Nirmala. However, I find these fonts to be extremely unappealing, and I would like Windows to use other Malayalam fonts as default that I have installed from the Swathanthra Malayalam Computing...
  3. How can I set a preferred font for each language on Windows?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I set a preferred font for each language on Windows?: Windows includes two Unicode fonts for Malayalam scripts, namely Karthika and Nirmala. However, I find these fonts to be extremely unappealing, and I would like Windows to use other Malayalam fonts as default that I have installed from the Swathanthra Malayalam Computing...
  4. Unable to save my settings preferences display

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to save my settings preferences display: Hi,This is my first post here, so I apologize in advance for any mistake/not providing the necessary information. The problem I'm facing is not a problem per se, it`s more the inconvenience of having to change the display settings every time I turn my laptop on. Apparently,...
  5. Unable to save my settings preferences display

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to save my settings preferences display: Hi,This is my first post here, so I apologize in advance for any mistake/not providing the necessary information. The problem I'm facing is not a problem per se, it`s more the inconvenience of having to change the display settings every time I turn my laptop on. Apparently,...
  6. Unable to Open Language Preferences

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to Open Language Preferences: Hello there. I have a problem with language preferences in the taskbar , when I open it I get a black cmd window for a momentas in the image below then I can't access the preferences. [ATTACH]...
  7. setting language preferences

setting language preferences: I would like to change from the Spanish language to the English language in Windows, including the language that is displayed in File Explorer. Any suggestions would be appreciated!` "Editar opciones de idioma y teclado" leads to the window below. It shows English, as I...
  8. MS Access Language Preference doesnt change when set

MS Access Language Preference doesnt change when set: Hi Everyone I have 2 language preferences, that i use often and need my office 365 applications to change to when necessary. All language preferences have been set correctly, i know this as all applications Word, Excel and Powerpoint change, except for MS Access. Office...
  9. Region settings: Unable to set default language!

in Windows 10 Support
    Region settings: Unable to set default language!: Hi, I get this error when setting my Region settings to English/Netherlands and restart Windows 10. Error : "Unable to set default language !" When I put it back to English/US then all is ok. How can I get my Regio settings to English/Netherlands, which Windows itself...
  10. Preferred Languages in Settings (Windows 10)

Preferred Languages in Settings (Windows 10): After installing a few preferred languages other than English, it is still searching for something and the previously installed languages do not appear at all. [ATTACH] Any suggestions? All the best, R....