Windows 10: unable to set rules in outlook

Discus and support unable to set rules in outlook in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; One of my newly created users is unable to create rules on outlook. error: one or more rules can not be uploaded to Microsoft exchange and have been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Bobsworth2012, Aug 22, 2020.

1. unable to set rules in outlook

One of my newly created users is unable to create rules on outlook.

error: one or more rules can not be uploaded to Microsoft exchange and have been deactivated. This could be because some of the parameters are not supported, or there is insufficient space to store all your rules.

i looked around and one suggestion is that i have to do some powershell stuff but im not sure if this right for me. Is it the solution something more simple?

submitted by /u/Bobsworth2012
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Bobsworth2012, Aug 22, 2020

2. Forum users with Hotmail/Outlook/Exchange account

The two-step verification emails show up in my inbox but I added a rule to mark the domain name safe a long time ago (verified that "techpowerup.com" is still in the safe sender list).

FordGT90Concept, Aug 22, 2020
  3. Anne Fuj Win User
    Emails not sync in win10 outlook in subfolders through Rules

Hi,

There are several reasons on why you are experiencing this issue on your Outlook sub-folders. For us to identify and isolate what is causing this, we would like to know the following information:

• Which Office version are you using?
    • How long have you been experiencing this issue?
    • Have you made any changes to your settings prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest that you run OffCAT tool (Office Configuration Analyzer Tool). This will highlight known issues and problems you are experiencing in your Office programs. You may refer to this
    link, for guidelines and steps.

You may also check this support article, for information on how
    to manage email messages by using rules.

We look forward to your reply.

Anne Fuj, Aug 22, 2020
  4. techbuzz Win User

unable to set rules in outlook

Help with setting server settings in Outlook 2010

I am unable to setup my email account in Outlook 2010. I have an email address @alumni.vcu.edu and I cannot find the correct server settings anywhere. This particular address uses gmail servers, but the standard POP3 gmail server settings aren't working. The automatic setup option is also unable to detect the proper server settings.

Any assistance would be much appreciated.

These settings aren't working:

Incoming server: pop.gmail.com
    Outgoing server: smtp.gmail.com

I have also tried:

Incoming server: pop.alumni.vcu.edu
    Outgoing server: smtp.alumni.vcu.edu

I did go into my account settings and enabled POP3 access.

I'm stupid and tired.

I figured it out. Sorry.

techbuzz, Aug 22, 2020
Thema:

unable to set rules in outlook

1. unable to set rules in outlook - Similar Threads - unable set rules

2. Outlook Rules

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Outlook Rules: I am doing rules in outlook and I cannot seem to fix. One or more rules couldn't be uploaded to the Exchange server and have been deactivated. This could be because some of the parameters aren't supported or there's insufficient space to store all your rules. What to do?...
  3. Outlook 365 rule to save a copy of message in HTML format

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 365 rule to save a copy of message in HTML format: Hello. I'm using Outlook 365 on Windows 10 version 1903. I want to include a rule of the following form; "when a message arrives with specified words in the sender address, save a copy of the message in HTML format in my Documents folder." I have searched the options in the...
  4. Outlook 365 Rules not visible in Default mail account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Outlook 365 Rules not visible in Default mail account: A weird one. Since adding the Icloud add-in to Office 365 my Rules disappeared but still work. The only way in which to create them so that they are still visible is to create them in Outlook while viewing in the Icloud Inbox. This means creating rules and using the...
  5. Microsoft Outlook - Rules

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft Outlook - Rules: We've sent a marketing campaign on behalf of someone to a large group of contacts (thousands). The individual has started to receive bounce backs in their inbox although another email address was put in place capture this as well as direct replies. We've set up rules within...
  6. Outlook settings

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Outlook settings: 1. All "Contacts" in Outlook 2016 (365) show an email address in "Display as". Example: Full Name: SMITH, Joan Company: Job title: File as: SMITH, Joan Intenet Email: smithJ@xx**** Display as: smithJ@xx**** 2. I want the same name in "File as" to...
  7. Cannot manage mail rules and notifications in Office 2010 Outlook

Cannot manage mail rules and notifications in Office 2010 Outlook: Hi folks, couple of days ago I noticed that my Outlook rules for sorting incoming mail into folders are no more honoured. I went to "manage rules and notifications" in the menu, and after clicking on it something blinked on the screen and I received notification "operation...
  8. Outlook Accounts and Rules

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook Accounts and Rules: Is there any way I can copy the accounts and rules from my main computer to my laptop both using Outlook 16. To redo them all manually will take at least a day with over 100 email addresses Thanks 63636
  9. Gmail goes to spam folder with no rules set

in Browsers and Email
    Gmail goes to spam folder with no rules set: My wife is not getting any emails that originate from gmail. They go directly to the spam folder regardless of which email program is used. I have confirmed this with both Outlook and Mozilla Thunderbird. No rules are set, yet they still go to spam. I deactivated her avast...
  10. after reinstall of Office 2013, rules in Outlook are gone

after reinstall of Office 2013, rules in Outlook are gone: hi guys, anyone knowing a way (after reinstall of Office 2013 or recreate of an account) to keep the rules active. Even if i only remove the 2 accounts and reinstall them, i get the message that the rule cannot be executed and i have to create all of them again. Can...