Windows 10: "Unable to set the DLL search path to the servicing stack folder" means what?

Discus and support "Unable to set the DLL search path to the servicing stack folder" means what? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When I run 'DISM /ONLINE /CLEANUP-IMAGE /RESTOREHEALTH', the resulting DISM.LOG includes this: 2018-10-18 17:23:35, Warning DISM DISM... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MarkFilipak.Windows, Oct 18, 2018.

1. "Unable to set the DLL search path to the servicing stack folder" means what?

When I run 'DISM /ONLINE /CLEANUP-IMAGE /RESTOREHEALTH', the resulting DISM.LOG includes this:

2018-10-18 17:23:35, Warning DISM DISM OS Provider: PID=8020 TID=7028 Unable to set the DLL search path to the servicing stack folder. C:\Windows may not point to a valid Windows folder. - CDISMOSServiceManager::Final_OnConnect

I searched 'microsoft.com' & the Internet and found no joy.

Illumination regarding what this is about would be very welcome. I'm a bit concerned about this warning.

Warm Regards,
    Mark.

:)

MarkFilipak.Windows, Oct 18, 2018

2. DISM Image Path Location ?

Curious about the GB/EN MCT being different. There are actually a different size as well. This is a new wrinkle from our friends at Microsoft.

I am currently on a small form device so I cannot read the DISM log but I did notice there were some PATH issues like

Unable to set the DLL search path to the servicing stack folder. C:\Windows
    may not point to a valid Windows folder. - CDISMOSServiceManager::Final_OnConnect

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Oct 18, 2018
  3. ParkRat13 Win User
    over 9 years and DISM still does error 2 on external / "image" installations?

2018-08-10 15:04:59, Warning DISM DISM OS Provider: PID=4984 TID=2572 Unable to set the DLL search path to the servicing stack folder. E:\Windows may not point to a valid Windows folder.

ParkRat13, Oct 18, 2018
  4. "Unable to set the DLL search path to the servicing stack folder" means what?

Windows 10 Search not working

Hi,

Many thanks for your help, unfortunately neither worked, on running the DISM.exec restorehealth I received the message:

Error: 0x800f081f

The source files could not be found.

Use the "Source" option to specify the location of the files that are required to restore the feature . . .

The dism.log error log had a number of warnings, the last one was 'unable to set DLL search path to the servicing stack folder . . .'

Regards, Ian

IanWhitfield, Oct 18, 2018
Thema:

"Unable to set the DLL search path to the servicing stack folder" means what?

1. "Unable to set the DLL search path to the servicing stack folder" means what? - Similar Threads - Unable set DLL

2. What do these temp folders mean?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What do these temp folders mean?: What do these temp folders mean? Glasswire flagged one of them for viruses and i want to make sure that any of these admin permission to delete folders arent a virus thats gonna tear through my computer. or just where i can check what these combinations of letters and numbers...
  3. File search and path folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File search and path folder: Hi all, i have windows 10 and I'm connected to others PC, also with windows 10.When I search a file in my computer, or in the PC-X, the results correctly shows the path folder under "Folder".When I search a file in PC-Y of the network, it finds the files but dosen't show the...
  4. File search and path folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File search and path folder: Hi all, i have windows 10 and I'm connected to others PC, also with windows 10.When I search a file in my computer, or in the PC-X, the results correctly shows the path folder under "Folder".When I search a file in PC-Y of the network, it finds the files but dosen't show the...
  5. File search and path folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. What does this folder icon mean?

What does this folder icon mean?: In a sub-subfolder of MyDocuments, one of the folders has this icon: [ATTACH] All other folders look similar to this: [ATTACH] It's unlikely to be a real problem, but each time I see the folder list, I have a nagging feeling. Is there something wrong. Does Windows want...
  7. What does \\?\ mean at the beginning of a file path?

What does \\?\ mean at the beginning of a file path?: Some files, specifically pdfs deliver an error message upon opening: There was an error opening this document. This file cannot be found. If the files are copied out the the folder they can be opened. All of the files that throw the error end up with \\?\M:\file name at...
  8. What is the path to the search bar?

in Cortana
    What is the path to the search bar?: I want to make a shortcut to the search bar but I can't seem to find the path, What is it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-the-path-to-the-search-bar/92ff7abf-c20f-4f57-aab3-8758283115e6
  9. What are Windows 10 Service Stack Updates?

in Windows 10 News
    What are Windows 10 Service Stack Updates?: [ATTACH] Often while reading about updates for Windows 10, the description might have referred something about Servicing Stack. This includes KB4132650 for Windows 10 Fall Creators Update which said – This update makes stability improvements for the Windows 10 Version 1709...
  10. What's with Servicing Stack update replaces 3211320 ?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    What's with Servicing Stack update replaces 3211320 ?: I ran my updates and everything went fine and Windows update said "Your device is up to date". Then a microsoft window opened up in Edge and said Servicing Stack Update for W10 Version 1607. I have 1607, build 14393.953. It says this update replaces the previously...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Unable to set the DLL search path to the servicing stack folder

2. Unable to set the DLL search path to the servicing stack folder. C:\Windows may not point to a valid Windows folder

3. unable to set the dll search path to the servicing stack folder. c:\windows may not point to a valid windows folder. - cdismosservicemanager::final_onconnect

4. Unable to set the DLL search path to the servicing stack folder. C:\Windows may not point to a valid Windows folder.,
  5. dism unable to set the dll search path to the servicing stack folder,
  6. dism unable to set the dll search path to the servicing stack folder. c:\windows may not point to a valid windows folder,
  7. Unable to set the DLL search path to the servicing stack folder. C:\Windows may not poi,
  8. unable to set the dll search path to the servicing stack folder.,
  9. dism unable to set the dll search path to the servicing stack folde