Windows 10: Unable to set time zone and hence getting different issues

Discus and support Unable to set time zone and hence getting different issues in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Recently bought, Dell INspiron 5400 with windows 10 installed. BY default it has US canada time zone. It is not letting me change the zone which is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ms_gigabyte, Jan 28, 2021.

1. Unable to set time zone and hence getting different issues

Recently bought, Dell INspiron 5400 with windows 10 installed. BY default it has US canada time zone. It is not letting me change the zone which is leading to issues when we have meetings in teams. Microsoft Teams wont show the join button as date and time is wrong. Can you please advise how to change the zone to UK.

:)

ms_gigabyte, Jan 28, 2021

2. Fluctuating Time Zone Setting

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

I would suggest you to check if the values for “set time automatically” and “set time zone automatically” under Date and Time settings are “ON”. If not, then suggest you to make the vale to “ON” and check for the status.

If the issue still persists, follow the steps provided below:

• Press Windows key + R, type services.msc and press Enter.
    • Locate Windows Time from the list and double click on the service.
    • In Genereal tab, set the Startup type to Automatic.
    • Click on Apply and OK.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 28, 2021
  3. Ellen22 Win User
    Unable to change the time zone in Windows 10

I'm running Windows 10 Pro. My time zone is Jerusalem, but I need to change it to Eastern to test a program I'm working on.

The time zone won't change. I have tried:

• From the clock/calendar, when I change it - it changes back.
    • From Control Panel - Date and Time, "Change time zone..." - when I click save I get the message "Error occurred - your changes could not be saved."
    • As the Built-in Administrator from the command line using tzutil - I get the message "Insufficient privileges to set the current time zone."

The registry key TimeZoneInformation has Full Control for Administrators

Administrators are listed in the Local Security Setting "Change the Time Zone"

Any suggestions?

Ellen22, Jan 28, 2021
  4. Unable to set time zone and hence getting different issues

Set Time Zone Automatically

Your suggestion, while good, did not correct my problem. What it did do was lead me to the answer, thank you.

Seems that the default location set for my computer was blank. When time zone was set to automatic, Windows didn't know where I was and probably reverted to the last entry in the zone list, Moscow. I re-entered my proper location, set the zone to Auto and
    everything was good to go.

JcMacPherson, Jan 28, 2021
Thema:

Unable to set time zone and hence getting different issues

1. Unable to set time zone and hence getting different issues - Similar Threads - Unable set zone

2. time zone issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    time zone issues: so i've downloaded the windows update for Egypt time zone cause i've issues related to it .. but still not working how can i solve this ! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/time-zone-issues/1f72f54b-d283-4104-bab8-cf04cd75ef7b
  3. Time zone issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Time zone issue: Ihave a problem with my windows time zone issues , ilive in Egypt and our time zone updated 4 month ago into UTC+3 , when i reset my pc it's UTC+2 and i made sure my region is Egypt but couldn't update the time except by changing into another county and this affect some apps...
  4. Time zone issue

Time zone issue: Ihave a problem with my windows time zone issues , ilive in Egypt and our time zone updated 4 month ago into UTC+3 , when i reset my pc it's UTC+2 and i made sure my region is Egypt but couldn't update the time except by changing into another county and this affect some apps...
  5. Time Zone Setting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Time Zone Setting: HI,Here in Iran time change policy changed and country did not change the time. But, window still setting time sync to previous policy and time difference still + 3.5 where as it should be +2.5 hours....
  6. Time Zone Setting

Time Zone Setting: HI,Here in Iran time change policy changed and country did not change the time. But, window still setting time sync to previous policy and time difference still + 3.5 where as it should be +2.5 hours....
  7. Time Zone Setting

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Time Zone issues

Time Zone issues: Hello, so my computer keeps telling me im in the Central Time Zone however im in the eastern time zone and i havent crossed timezones at all since this issue started happening, my default location is set to where i live and ive tried basically every interent solution i could...
  9. Time And Date Settings - Region Time Zone UNABLE TO SET

Time And Date Settings - Region Time Zone UNABLE TO SET: Whenever I try to change time zone on my Windows 10, it shows following error; "Unable to continue You do not have permission to perform this task. Please contact your computer administrator for help" [ATTACH] There are two administration accounts on my computer i.e....
  10. Issue With Time Zone

Issue With Time Zone: I am having an issue with the time zone on my computer. I reside in Arizona in the Mountain "Standard" Time Zone not Mountain "Daylight" Time Zone or Arizona Time Zone. We do not observe Daylight Savings Time. My computer is set for UTC-07:00 Mountain Time US & Canada....